Reviews for One Piece: Oz and his fight against the Mugiwara
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 1 . 8/26
Nice-LOL
Ultimate Anime Fan chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
I think that almost all enemies are Mary-sues and Gary-stus. Except for Buggy and Alvida of course. I'm sorry but the non-canon characters are a bit... Mary-suish. I mean, even the strawhats had to work together to defeat Oz but your group just finished him in... 1 minute? 5 minutes?
Jenaisis-Sama chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Technically Oz is neither a Gary-Stu or a Mary-Sue.

One, he's a zombie. He has no gender.

Two, he's a canon character.
Lizmun chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
I had to wait until my eye stopped twitching there...

I mean, the first half was awesomely written. You took the chapter and illustrated it more with your words and incorperated more feeling that drew me deep into what was going on...

Then... you brought... THEM!

At first I was just going to blow off the story. I was instantly just as annoyed as Zoro was. Stories of this type grate me almost twice as bad as "Usopp's noise" does to the enemies, but I told my self "self... they wrote a very good begining, give it a chance."

And I tried. Please note that I did. Despite the wincing, the cringing and the nausea that usually comes up when I read characters of those types, I gave it a chance... And I'm glad I did. Irony makes the world go round and in this sense redeems a painful author-glorifying story! XD

If Oz is indeed one of "those types", then I gotta say that Oda incorperates them alot in the series! (Heck, Oda even later on had one of "Them" be part of the crew! *coughvivicough*) Take for example, Lucci! So one of them! And Enel... could it have been any more obvious? But I guess that's why we cheer even moreso when they're defeated by the Strawhats!

Anyway, despite it all, it was all very well written! Your action scenes flowed well and you got the strawhats very much well in character... even in the latter half! Awesome job!