Reviews for Eternal Knight
neska-polita chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Shame on me! I gave Reagan a new name... sorry for that. Also, there's a word missing in my previous review, "century". Duh!
neska-polita chapter 28 . 11/9/2013
Great story! I haven't watched the movie so I don't really know what's yours and what's borrowed, but let me commend you on how seamlessly they meet.

It is built around one of my favorite plot situations, crossdressing and the comedy of errors. I really liked how Lancelot fights his attraction to a teenage boy (and who wouldn't, other than other teenagers?), and how the other characters go around the same issue, each with their style. I would have rather see a female/male version of the same name, sort of Joan/John, Rowenna/Rowan, Mathilda/Matthew, etc., but I guess a name with imprecise gender connotation is alright.

I felt the story flowed at a right pace and ties up loose ends neatly - well done! Though I'm not a great fan of the adventure genre, it was important to finish off Rowan's story with her father and Rullus - even though I would have preferred the new lovers to be happy, done and dusted! I thought Tristan didn't need to have his story spelled out for us, because he's so secretive that he wouldn't have liked it, but it was great to know that he had something.

I didn't think it deserved an M rating, but I suppose you be better safe than sorry.

If there is one thing I would change about your story, is how Galahad and Ivy start out. When he offers her a shawl, kisses her and leave, I would have had Ivy tell him to stay and explain clearly why she can't love him back - because she's damaged, she can't experience love, etc. Instead of just insisting, he would try to mend her heart and teach her to love again.

This is, of course, a piece of fantasy and getting too crotchety with anachronisms is to waste your time and, really, a disrespect. There is, however, a couple of things that stood up to me and thought I might share: One is how you refer to the passing of time, in one chapter you say "minutes ticked", and that made me smile. Time ticked from the nineteenth century on, when people had clocks in their houses and heard them filling the silence! Before that, I guess they measured time by how long things took, and short periods (seconds and minutes) maybe by how long it took a dry leave to fall from a tree in autumn, a dog's quick bark, or even how many words could be spoken in such a lapse. I think they referred to any period of time during the day (but shorter than daylight or nighttime) as an hour, because I don't think they could measure it anyway.

In the same vein of measuring things, when Lancelot "feels his breeches go three sizes too small" I thought similarly. There wasn't any standard sizing until eighteenth or nineteenth cloth mass production, so "Lancelot suddenly felt he was wearing breeches appropriate for a boy and not a grown man" would have been more appropriate, if quite longish.

A similar thought goes for clothing description: dying textiles was difficult and expensive, so very rich people would own one or two colored items and the rest would be just the tone of the material (I guess different shades of brown). The shawl Galahad offers would be very special if it were incredibly white and fine, made from the wool of a very young animal or only the finer threads of sheep from the north (imported, as it was). But not of particular coloring, as there was no technology or materials available to achieve it.

I took many words to point out mistakes and that might give the impression I didn't like your piece... nothing far from the truth, actually! Congratulations on a well written story!
Concrete63 chapter 28 . 11/2/2013
Thank you I have really enjoyed reading this story and I keep coming back to reread it.
Birdy21 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
One of my favourite fics, I can read it over and over again :)
Birdy21 chapter 21 . 3/13/2013
Have always loved this story :)
Quasimodo796 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
This shit was amazing! This is exactly the kind of story Im always looking to read! Well done, I will probably end up reading this again, I enjoyed it so much. Please finish silent knight, I love your portrayal of Tristan.
Kate chapter 4 . 1/15/2013
This is not at all a Mary-sue! I LOVE that! : )
LovelyDeadlyLie chapter 28 . 1/1/2013
I loved reading this story! Amazing, great job
Clara chapter 28 . 11/4/2012
I really really loved your fan fiction.
Honestly I was up tip one in the morning reading it last night and I haven't done that for years not sonar the last Harry Potter book!
So it's amazing!
Kate chapter 28 . 7/29/2012
Ok...look...I have come back to say this.
I was so FLOORED by your story that I read it 3 times, went and read Silent Knight, am now going to have to check every day for an update for that, and then came back and read this once more.
This...i have to say it...THIS is the BEST FanFiction story I have EVER read. Personally I think a) they should make an AU sequel to the movie with all the same actors - out of your fanfiction... and b) if I had enough time and was bothered, I would write a fanfiction FOR your fanfiction (poor Gawain seems a little neglected atm...maybe your saving him for lucky last? :D)...oh and c) i will probably read this story again now :P moving onto Silent Knight... I will be reviewing that now :p
Kate chapter 28 . 7/27/2012
Naaaawwwwwwwww SUCH AN AWESOME STORY! melts into little love heart bubbles.

I think you even managed to make Lancelot even sexier than he was in the movies! (and seriously...Ioan Gruffudd) truly beautiful story and I have nothing to say but WOOOOOOOOOO well done :)
morphchild chapter 28 . 3/14/2012
AAAaaaah, at last, an awesome Lancelot story!

This was really nicely thought out, the plot, the character development, the setting, everything was really captivating and developped. You kept to Lancelot's character really well, and your OC was believable, she had flaws, she could admit she had flaws, and I feel as though I really got to know her over the course of the story.

Just a small thing I have to say, watch out for some grammar mistakes... or sometimes it's more just a misplaced/missing word. But these small mistakes are few, and I could see how they could've been easily overlooked during proof reading. That aside, your spelling is impeccable, and it's really nice to find a fic that flows well, with such a good plot and interesting characters.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this, I really enjoyed it :)
Kristall chapter 20 . 3/13/2012
*swoons* If Tristan said that to me, I'd be his in an instant! *ahem* Yes, I'm re-reading the fic. Still love it!

-Kristall
Hendrickx E chapter 28 . 1/25/2012
Wow this is a really great story! Well done!
Regsd chapter 28 . 11/28/2011
Absolutely amazing through and through! I enjoyed every minut of it :) And off I go to read Silent Knight XD