Reviews for Be My Shelter
Olu chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Hm... You're very skillful with words. You know how to make them impact the reader with meaning even in the most normal of situations.
Stratagem Blue chapter 2 . 11/7/2007
As usual, the writing was enough to entrance me, and it pulls me in so deeply that I forget I'm reading a fanfiction. I LOVE this Erik - he has the perfect temperament, with dashes of insanity throughout his intellect and passionate anger.

Ah, Mignonette. A refreshing change from the soft and breakable Christine, as Mignonette's understanding immediately lights her a place of affection in the story. I like Nadir's little dumbfounded look at the beginning, and Erik's awkwardness. Such adorable reactions...

Favorite line: "I swallowed as her eyes saw through my mask." Such a beautiful way to sum up the chapter, at least in my mind. It really highlights Mignonette's attachment and her wonderful character as well as Erik's /many/ masks, not just the one to hide his face. Have I added this to my favs yet? I need to go check on that...
Lady Wen chapter 2 . 11/7/2007
OK, I like Mignonette. Why don't you want this to be ExOC?

Her character is mature and charming. Are you bringing Christine back?
VHunter07 chapter 2 . 11/6/2007
Oh, this is marvelous! You are certainly an extremely talented author. You've jerked me into this intricately woven story with only two chapters. And your Erik is very well done as well. I've never read the Kay novel, but am an avid reader of Leroux, and love the musical as well. I impatiently await the next chapter!

P.S. Did you really mean that we don't get the next chapter until 10 reviews have been given? Because I am sorely tempted to add 6 more under aliases. :)
Stratagem Blue chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
The descriptions of Paris are perfect, especially the filthy streets and the cramped alleyways; I'm very sick of this idea authors seem to have that Paris is the beautiful, light studded city of ongoing art and love - that's only a part of it, and sadly, not the larger part. And of course, Erik is remarkably in character for just a prologue, with that insane humor of his and those touches of unease and impatience when dealing with Mignonette. I love Nadir, simply said. Now that I've come to appreciate his character more, I like this interaction between them at the end - light hearted, with smiles and an apparent understanding between the two. And very appropriate, I think, to end such an eventful night with a descent into sleep.
Hot4Gerry chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Too bad about Erik. Oh well, the prologue was very good. I would have enjoyed reading more. Perhaps another time. Right now I am inot romance especially for Erik. I saw enough of his pain in the movie and in all the books I have read. I want my fanfics to be happy ever after for Erik. If along the way there is conflict that's okay but I want him to get his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. As in getting the woman, fathering children, leading a somewhat normal life. As I said before your writing technique is very good. You set the mood well and describe the scene with the characters so it is easy to picture just what is happening.
rose123579 chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Good prologue. Can't wait for Chapter 1. Update soon. Great story. I like your technique in writing, very little errors at all, actually none that I could tell. Is Mignonetter going to be in the whole story? Will her and Nadir get together? Does Erik get someone? Nadir? Will these questions get answered in later chapters? Rose123579
22 | « Prev Page 1 2