Reviews for The Duty of a Prince
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Very well written.
Professor nwo It All chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Nicely done. I am glad to see that history inspired you.

I love history. THis was well written.
DXRULES103 chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
I loved it. I wish for more people to write about Faramir and Aragorn.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
Very well written. Good characterisation of Faramir and Elessar, and an interesting situation in Gondorian politics.

Hugs,

Sarah x
eiluj chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Interesting. I'd never thought that Faramir's being Steward and Prince could cause conflict.

I hope Aragorn thought to offer them lands in Arnor as well. Ithilien wasn't the only empty land!

I don't know what nationality you are, but the Romans weren't the only ones who gave land grants to soldiers. The new United States paid Revolutionary War soldiers with land grants in the areas west of the Appalachians. That's how my Virginia and North Carolina ancestors ended up in Ohio.
Deandra chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
How nice to see Faramir coming into his own here, after so many years in the shadow of his brother! Lovely piece as he wrestles with a thorny problem. Many in the history of the US were also given land in return for their war service and much of our country was settled in that fashion.

One tiny thing here: "How better thank the soldiers than by giving them a part of the country they had bled to protect?"

Shouldn't that be "How better TO thank..."?

Looking forward to more from you. I enjoy your stories!

- Deandra
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Good one-shot! I like how he didn't know what to do automatically.