Reviews for Kindred
Flayne chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Liked it! :D
BlackNoSugarh chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This was a great idea! You wrote this one-shot in a way that almost makes me wish that the story would continue from here. I think I'll be stalking your other works too :)
rebecca85 chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Hi, hello, good evening, how are you?

Very nice story, very nice, I especially like the first omake: the tennis analogy was very entertaining. Marvellous.

But I'd just like to point out that while Shindou's last name ends with a 'u', Kishimoto's doesn't. Shindou ends with a 'u' since the latter kanji is read tou/dou, and is pronounced as a long 'o', but in the name of Kishimoto Kaoru (岸本 薫), the latter kanji 'moto' is simply written thus and pronounced with a short 'o'.

I have yet to discover why translators mutilate Japanese names like this. (Like Touya Kouyo becomes suddenly Toya Koyo. *shudder*)

Thank you for this fantastic story! It was a very nice read.

Cheers!
azab chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
i loveed it a lot and plese write more a bout those two
Enski chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
When I read the summary, the first person I thought of was Tezuka :D I'm glad I was right XD

This was good, and very believable. That's a good relationship they have too- The Not-Going-To-Look-Like-Friends-But-Probably-Are-Behind-The-Scenes X3

D: I think that even though you weren't trying to write slash fanfiction, you kind of did in some strange, strange way with those two. Their love is in words, not actions XD

And yay for Go - Tennis analogies~!
stranger12 chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Not sure I've ever reviewed this fic before, but damn, this was good. Funny too, in a whole Tezuka/Kishimoto kind of way, though there is no indication as to how they came to get acquainted with one another (they ever have each other's cell phone numbers), and that would have been a welcomed info, though perhaps it would have broken the rhythm of the story, in which case it was a good call not to add it.

Hoping you would write a sequel, or prequel, though considering the date of this, I know it's quite a long shot for it.
Phoenix Boy chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
This made me laugh - your Tezuka was perfect. I hadn't drawn the parallel before but... The Wimbledone analogy was great too - if the tennis idiot can't understand, put in his terms.

I do feel compelled to point out that the only difference between a lot of PG13 gen and slash is how much you read into it. If you want to write it, it doesn't have to be explicit or anything. Think about it - you might find a bunny that fights if it isn't allowed to slash :D

Loved the fic
Diva-esque chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Utterly delightful. You played off these characters similarities perfectly, creating a connection that was amusing and insightful. The first omake sent me into peals of laughter.
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
I liked it. To the coffee man I'd say that friendships exists in different forms and it would please me to think that 2 such similar people in similar situations could find someone to talk to that might understand. Maybe there should be a team captain's club in all the ritzy schools in Japan? Only cute guys who where glasses need apply? Yeah. Back to my point, people suffering similar hardships often form friendships based on their needs and this is that type of relationship. I liked the line about how nice but impossible it would be for them to meet on each other's field of play.

The quote war was good and I'm glad you restrained yourself from slash. Men are capable of having friendships, as shocking as that is in fan fic. Slash is fine in its place, but this exploration of strangers/friends is perfect without it.
radhaj chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
This was... guh, just guh. Wonderful! I had to try so hard just to not laugh out loud through most of the fic!. It made me think of your other fic that touched the subject (which I, to my shame, haven't reviewed. But it was also really good).

But God, did you make this IC! My favorite parts are, for some reason, Kishimoto's pun, their quote wars (they do this every two weeks?), and the first omake. Even if I think that besides quotes and bad puns Kishimoto must also like to hyperbolize xD

And I'd love to see that prequel to this xD. Please?

Yei
Joice a.k.a. Europa chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Short and nice one-shot!
m0rninstaR chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
LOL, the quote war made me laugh. :)

I can so totally see this happening. ;p

Great job! You made my day. ;
Darsh chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
Haha, what fun. I loved the connection that you made. Being one of those people who don't make many connections in anything, that came as a "Hey, I can see that!" moment.

Seriously though, while Tezuka was my favorite character in PoT, I had trouble recalling who this doppleganger might be. Touya's former captain, yes? No kidding, they are two of the same kind.

Anyway, great job, I enjoyed it.
sage chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
he

i liked this! it took me a while to figure out which characters you were talking about (i'm not good with names) but once i did it was very funny! i enjoyed the omake's too ;)
angjels chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
Great story! Loved the conversations between the two. They really are very similar