Reviews for resistance
mkkkkng chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
"Forty-fifth reviewer" does not have quite the same ring to it as "Fiftieth reviewer" does, but it does have a nice sound to it nonetheless. Better than "Forty-eighth reviewer" or some other randomer crap number, anyway. (I apologize in advance to all numbers who were offended by this comment.)

Also, I know I promised a review for each of your five-minus-one-which-makes-four stories, but it turns out I lied. It's been edited to five-minus-one-minus-one-more-which-makes-three stories, because I cannot bring myself to discuss the POT one. Personal reasons. Don't worry about it.

So anyway, onward.

Please excuse this brief snippet of complete and utter fangirling while I lose my mind for a while:

OHMYGODOHMYGOOOOD. THIS FIC, OKAY, WAS SO GODDAMN MOFO-ING GOOD I DON'T OMG I CAN'T IT'S JUST SO PERFECT HOLY GODDAMN SHIT OKAY I'M NOT SURE I CAN HANDLE THIS UTTER LEVEL OF PERFECTION YOU ARE A GOD(DESS) OKAY AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE BECAUSE OH DUDE OH DUUUUUDE. SO. GOOD. I ADMIRE YOUR VERY FINGERTIPS FOR PUTTING THESE THOUGHTS INTO WORDS. IT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE ALWAYS EVER WANTED IN A DGM FIC AND YOU PUT IT INTO EXISTENCE AND I'M SO EXCITED. OH.

Okay. Now. Professionalism, ahem.

i.

Probably my favorite drabble out of the five. It has much to do with your writing style - very descriptive and flowing imagery makes for beautiful mental visuals. Particularly, your sentences have a tremendous rhythm about them: you use eloquent, wordsmith-like words such as 'prodding' and 'substance', and then go on to destroy it all in the same sentence with a heavy word like 'revolting'. If only I had your talent, seriously, I could rule the goddamn world.

And then and then and then, Allen's complete capitulation for Lenalee's smile - I melted.

The only thing I can poke at for i. is Allen's character - certainly, he is lovestruck to the point of absolute adoration for Lenalee, but I think you could have given him a bit more of his own character. He seems rather empty and puppet-like. Which is what you were going for, I'm sure, but - it was a bit too much. You know what I'm saying? He was depicted as just. Weak. (Idk, okay, I wasn't good with words to begin with and it's 1:24 AM so leave me alone)

ii.

Oh god so perfect. Komui would never let his dear Lenalee free in the hands of some BOY, would he? Not even if said boy was Allen Walker. Lulz. He is psychotic. Allen/you nailed it.

iii.

I hate cats.

If you'd replaced them with turtles, then maybe.

LOLJK, I know you don't care what I think

(cries)

(what the hell am I doing with my life huh)

butbutbut the "At least it manages to make him forget about the scratches" was goodgoodgoodgood.

iv.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA omgridiculous HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

-dies-

v.

This one is very very very pretty. I think it captures so many things wonderfully - firstly, their relationship. Lenalee is strong, but she is not the strongest; she is not the main character; she is always vulnerable to death and danger and pain. But she IS strong, she IS intelligent, she CAN fend for herself. And though people disregard such things because she is a girl, Allen provides her with enough trust and faith that she is a not a helpless damsel-in-distress. That is one of the reasons I love them - because Lenalee's not useless. She can do things for herself, and so their relationship is not completely a one-sided craphole. But it's also true that Allen will always be there to protect her, because he loves her, he is strong, he can.

It also captures their world - the awfulawfulawful dangers of their lives, and how painfully true it is that, no matter how much Allen and Lenalee are in love with each other, they can never hold a real relationship in the sense of true happiness because there is always the inescapable threat of death between them, around them, in the air. They don't have the blessing of relaxing and simply being happy. There is a war. People die every day.

They cannot escape the everyday tragedies of the world around them, but they try, using their love as a medium.

SO PRETTY OMG I AM DYING INSIDE

In conclusion. This is so prettily, perfectly, excellently written, regarding everything from writing style to plot to character to language. Everyone is in character, everything is amazing. This will forever be one of my top 10 fics, okay, so feel special, because I have a lot of favorites.
just another human chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
catching itroduction,

nice paragraphs,

sweet and spicy ending.
paper parasols chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Allen's so lovable and the fact Lenalee isn't perfect is so much win. added to faves of course :)
spy lockout chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Hello,

very interesting fic, i liked it simple but good.

spy_lockout
sheepeater chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
What a lovely piece of writing! So, Allen, the big bad exorcist is a pushover when it comes to Lenalee, eh? xD But he's also very sweet. My favorite was that last scene. :) Keep up the great work.

Sora
chibiaries chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Cute and sweet, without being glurge-ful. Nice job.
Vincent Noir chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
This fic made me laugh... More Komui mayhem!
timisnotmyname chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
fisheye lens chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
You really deserve all those reviews-I loved the entire story. :D Thanks for posting.
wirbil chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
It's cute. :3 I'm more of a KandaxLenalee though. I'd say #1 was my favorite though.
Moon Of Jupiter chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Excellent!

that's what i think of it!
Rusky-Boz chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Holy f*ck... this is the best fic of Alleena I've ever read, totally in character, and so utterly cute! You left me with a big smile on my face and with a warm feeling inside, so beautiful written Write more Alleena for us, please!
Sestine chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
It's (so freaking totally undeniably omigosh insanely) cute.

I personally liked the line about her off-key singing doing it within a fifty-mile radius.

Great work!
Irma.Arisa.Laye chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
this is so,. !

i hope to read more DGM-Allenalee fics! ;)

good job,.,. Allen is so into Lenalee and she is to him too! :D
angelicat123 chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
so kawaii :3! i love it. very very cute!