Reviews for Young Americans: a Slightly Different Look
sweet7752 chapter 7 . 1/10
Hi I really love this fic. I agreed with you that it's a shame that Bella and Jake didn't met before the end. I'm sure that they would be best friends.
I love your changes even if I loved the Jahammer moments in the story.

Great Job
Hoot22891 chapter 9 . 7/29/2014
Amazing! I really loved the personal twists you added. It gave their story more depth and definition. Great job!
DGfleetfox chapter 9 . 12/19/2013
Dang! Totally cried like a baby! I loved his speech here at the end...ummmm Notting Hill anyone? Still, awesome ; ) I honestly love this couple so much, I vaguely remember watching this show when I was younger and ONLY WATCHING FOR JAKE/HAMILTON! (they were the best) - talk about chemistry between the two, those actors are such attractive people... too bad it wasn't a real life thing. I completely forgot that Ian was in that show, in fact I only found it again because I watched a bit of the L Word and she's Shane, at I was like wow I'm totally straight but this is a seriously attractive lady so I did some research on what else she's been in ; ) Widely smiling here, this was definitely worth the time it took to read and I loved all the divergences.
Motionless 666 chapter 9 . 2/21/2013
i hope you write an epilogue a story is not complete with out one in it
SarinaSSH chapter 9 . 11/27/2012
I started this at 1 or 2 am today, and finished it in 1 seating by 7 am. . .Of. . I really, really, cannot express my joy of reading such a beautiful fan fiction! I didn't have the opportunity to watch the show, just read about it somewhere, n decided to explore Jake n Hamilton's complicated(!) relationship. You showed the friendship, humor, angst, the emotional dramas in a way that has made me very happy. It's been a while since I've had a good story to enjoy! This story-telling style of yours is, without a doubt, praiseworthy. I thank you and wish you the very best in your journey of becoming an aspired writer(which I'm sure, you either are or will be).
P.S: If you had a beta to help you in this story, comment: she's excellent! And where is that epilogue?
P.S.S:I am so going to check out your other stories! Hope you have something up your sleeves to amaze me even more!
Rebecca H chapter 9 . 9/29/2011
I love it! Although, I wasn't too happy with so many changes, I still love it! Great Job, WLB!
Circular Infinity chapter 9 . 1/15/2011
I really liked this. I liked the changes you made while still keeping with the flow of the original series. Getting into their heads make their attraction even more intense, especially when it was from Hamilton's point of view. The end totally made me smile.
bluelafineplume chapter 9 . 1/4/2011
that was so cute! I love this fic! It's really rare that I read a entire English fic, but I did :) (I'm French, so sorry for the mistakes...) I think the "note part" to Hamilton's parents was my favorite !
Lackadaisical Pajamas chapter 9 . 10/16/2010
awww bitter's been a great reading ride with you spread out over a couple of years :) I've really enjoyed reading your work and am very thankful to you for writing, now im off to find the season to watch it again on see what you have awoken in
Lackadaisical Pajamas chapter 8 . 10/14/2010
Ok i know this is extremely late butttttttt...LOVED IT ALL THE SAME I've been trying to get to this story forever! it;s marked under extremely important in my any hoo so glad you continued it like the saying it's better late than never and I believe you showed a lot of dedication by finishing this and not leaving me with that awful wondering feeling, so thank you!

I thought it was amazing like all the others. my eyes were flying across the page, it's so wonderful to be given the emotions and thoughts from within the characters with this fic that the show couldn't provide us wit.

I love the comedy and the dram of it all, amazing job and right about now i cant wait to read the last chapter!
jakeline chapter 9 . 9/17/2010
Great ending to a great story! You had me all teary and mushy! :)
jakeline chapter 8 . 9/14/2010
O dear. Poor Hammie. Good so see you back though! I hope he races after Jake and it will be all lovey-dovey in the next chapter, which I cannot wait long for... :P
Miss Anonymous hp chapter 8 . 9/13/2010
I have to say, that after waiting 2 years, when I saw you update, I was so excited. I thought I was finally going to get my happy ending that I had been daydreaming about for this story for a while.

Instead... you drop another depressing chapter. Don't get me wrong. It's awesomely well written, and I thought that Hamilton was especially written well. I really couldn't bring myself to agree with Jake at all, but I usually don't agree with her reasoning (in any fanfics or even the show), so that's not really a big surprise. Because of that, I think that Jake was written quite well as well.

I didn't really like how Hamilton treated Scout, though. He has so few friends at Rawley - until the last 2 episodes pretty much, it seems like his only friend is Jake - that it seems weird that he'd be such a wench to one of those friends. That was my only complaint about characterization really.

Otherwise, my biggest complaint is that you wait 2 years to deliver an "ending" without an ending. Most epilogues are meant to wrap up loose ends. Not to be the ending. So, if you plan on the last impression to be that Hamilton is a major a-hole and to carry that through the epilogue, then you did a great job of that. (Not that I actually thought that Ham's parting words were all that out of character; we know from the show that Hamilton can say some pretty mean things when he's not thinking straight.) But I sincerely hope that that's not your plan.

Hamilton's the biggest hopeless romantic in the world, and I love him so much for that. So, I seriously hope that you have him steal his dad's car and drive to New York just to tell Jake that he loves her. Or that you plan on making him run away to find his way to her doorstep. Or to have him try to get to New York only to get horribly lost and have to tell Jake over the phone how much he loves her and how lost he is- only to have her look out her window and realize that he's right there, the big goof. Or something.

I want my happy ending! I sure hope you were serious about the epilogue coming soon, and I really hope that you plan on giving it a real ending this time.

Love the story still!
AimeImmortel chapter 7 . 8/20/2010
Is this story continued anywhere else? I'm dying to know what's going to happen next.
Vannahbabii1219 chapter 7 . 8/14/2010
Great update the last chapter!
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »