Reviews for Flightlessness
Gyreflight chapter 17 . 5/2/2011
I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed this.

It’s one of those stories that sticks in the mind – very strong imagery from the start, and a very recognisable style. I love all the little touches that you add, the thought that has gone into making this something more than a ‘character-has-wings story’. The fact that the wings are so beautiful to the observer, and yet so terrible a burden to their scarred and not-quite-broken bearer leaves a powerful impression, particularly since the reader is in some ways the ‘fascinated observer’ themselves.

I also like the way that this Relena is such a survivor. She feels herself to be so weak and powerless, and yet she keeps fighting, keeps going, keeps living, when it would have been so much easier not to. Understandably, this is a much more withdrawn, quiet Relena…which unfortunately means that there is no one to speak for her, and the only person with time to speak /to/ her is the person who barely speaks to anyone. And the result is the painful chain of misunderstandings that have her fleeing through the hospital from those who mean her no harm, but who never bothered to tell her so.

Every writer is at the mercy of their muses, and even if you never do manage to come back to this, you’ve given a lot of pleasure to at least this one reader, and I’m glad that the story is still here to come back to.

Thanks for the read.

Gyre/flight
Cinpii chapter 17 . 8/17/2009
I'm glad you haven't updated. This sucks.
Stevie57 chapter 17 . 7/15/2009
Read all of the chapters in one go. Fantastic writing with great character development. Hoping you'll continue to write and finish the story.
Relena Scott chapter 17 . 1/4/2009
* pouts* are you ever going to update?
lilac310 chapter 17 . 12/17/2008
just to let you know that this story has not been forgotten...so, please continue..we'd love to find out Heero and Relena's fate in this alternate universe. Still cheering!
me chapter 17 . 5/18/2008
ah i read this again and it still captivates me every time. so well written, i love the eerie but fantastical feel you give to the story. and i really love the parallels to the original series. well crafted, you've clearly done an excellent job with this piece.

i really can't wait to see what will happen next; if relena chooses to put herself in the spotlight, what will become of heero? i know you haven't updated in awhile, but this story still holds so much promise and i have faith that you can continue it. please do continue this!

it's funny how one of the most attractive points of the story is the visual quality you lend to it. everything you describe can be perfectly imagined, to the T. i've even done a few things in photoshop for this story simply out of boredom and love for this story. i've even tried to draw a few things, but that didn't come out as nicely as i had imagined. perhaps other fans could take it up and draw nice fanart for this series. i know i would enjoy seeing them immensely.

please do update soon! i don't forget about really great fics like this, even after years have passed ;D
Ria chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Hey you have a great story going on. I find it such a shame that you stopped for a long time though. I mean I left the world of gundam wing fanfiction for about 3 yrs ago and it nice to see that you have updated somewhat over the period. I absolutely found your story so strange and different when I first stumbled upon it and I'm glad that it's still around. I've seen to many a good story fall to the wayside or simply taken off from the site. It really is such a shame. But keep up the good work and I hope to read the next chapter in your story soon _
Laserai chapter 17 . 11/16/2007
alas there are only a few shimmering diamond class writers in this world. i have only encountered a handful in all my travels as a writer and reviewer. it has been said that when one encounters a writer of diamond caliber the sun retreats from the sky. a cloudy day suddenly clears and the heavens open themselves up revealing stars that shine ever brighter then before radiating their brilliance upon all who look upon them. encountering writers like this are nothing less then a stand still perfect moment where time seems to slow or even stop feigning disbelief upon its beholder and shocking others. you may be a writer of only one story but its clear you are a writer of diamond class status in my eyes of observation. it would truly be a shame to leave this story as is. please for the sake of all mankind allow this story to run its course clear to completion and lay to rest this weary soul who wishes to see how it is that all will be resolved. i beg of you. again, diamond level performance. your beyond star ratings. keep up the fine work. laserai out.
jennifer chapter 17 . 8/17/2007
please please please update. your writing is quite beautiful and you show mastery of many elements of style
Archangel-666 chapter 17 . 4/15/2007
...oh...my...freaking...god... you're back? and you've updated!

WHAT THE HELL!

THREE YEARS! (well, according to the last time you updated 2, but for me, its 3)

*shakes head* ... you have no idea the torture you put me through... i think its the fact that you stopped updating that i stopped coming to fan fiction all-together all those years ago. it was only because of my girlfriends love of this site that my curiosity was piqued to come back and see.

and here you are...

and theres the new chapters...

i dont know if i want to start reading again... you hurt me before... can i really trust you again?

*starts reading over from chapter 1*

you have me back... for now... oh god i've missed you!
Midge-14 chapter 17 . 2/21/2007
Oh my I love this story!

The way you keep showing how Relena and Heero differ in their perception of what's happening. The way they both perceive each other's actions is also very well thought out. Using two chapters for both of them regarding the same situation is pretty good...as long as you ensure they differ greatly and keep providing deep insights into their characters.

I love Relena's character! It's wonderfully heartbreaking and I love the way you've made her a fragile, weak thing and yet so strong willed despite her situation. Heero is...well Heero and that's good because we all love him for that. :P

Please excuse me blabbing and please continue updating...the twists and turns in this story are just so compelling.
merlyn1382 chapter 17 . 1/14/2007
poor heero and relena i look forward to the next chapter
the Black Rose chapter 17 . 1/12/2007
*hugs* Yay, there's more. :D

I'm missing Heero kissing and touching Relena, too. *sniffs* I hope it ends well for the both of them.

Thanks for staying with this and us! _

Love,

Rose
TheGirlWhoWaited chapter 17 . 12/21/2006
oh! luv the fic! i'll keep an eye out for the next update.
SwordOfLightBladeOfDarkness chapter 17 . 12/5/2006
this is really good! you'd better put up another chapter before i come through this computer and make you! lol just kidding! or am I...