Reviews for Unsolved Mysteries
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 2 . 3/16/2012
Definitely one of your best, in my opinion.

Not only do you create an interesting and engaging picture of the wider-scale consequences that some of the gargoyles’ larger threats had on the rest of New York as a whole- as well as reflecting Xanatos’s desire to make up for what he’s done for more reasons than just redeeming himself for his son; stepping over direct rivals is one thing, but collateral damage on that scale is something else-, but you even create some very interesting new characters into the bargain.

Anne and Bethany look like they’ll be very promising new members of the cast, Bethany providing a more vocal example of the innocence that the gargoyles are there to protect- in all fairness, Alexander’s too quiet to represent that, and it’s not like Puck doesn’t take ‘automatic’ responsibility for his safety anyway- while Anne provides both a face to some of the people affected by their past actions and a more moral perspective to potentially help guide the Xanatos’ future actions when circumstances might require them to engage in more ruthless activity than the gargoyles or others might otherwise go along with.

While a part of me wishes that we could have seen Anne’s first meeting with the other gargoyles- even if she’s already met the clones, Bronx in particular would be a potentially surprising addition-, in general her introduction to the world of the gargoyles and Oberon’s Children was handled very well, neatly focusing on what she really needed to know while also avoiding revealing what the Xanatos family used to be (Although I REALLY have to wonder what Owen’s not saying about their Fey heritage; I have a theory or two, but I’m reluctant to say anything).

Add in the mystery of the ‘Vigilante Critter’- I’ve not seen any episodes of the other crossover myself yet, but what I’ve read sounds interesting, and that still leaves the question of why Vincent has chosen to resurface now rather than earlier-, and you’ve certainly sown the seeds for some VERY promising future developments in this series...
RoseWithThorns chapter 2 . 6/2/2008
Great story! Excellent writing and the series is as good as a series of books! I am guessing that the crossover is with X-men? I am not sure at all but it is the only television series that I can think of with the description given. By the way when is the crossover going to happened? I may have missed the that story but I'm not sure. If so, please tell me which story it is. Again, great story and great series. Keep on writing!
Wispr chapter 2 . 4/2/2008
Really doing a wonderful job breathing life into all of the characters, both old and new.

Is it Beauty and the Beast?

Wispr chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
You did a great job at capturing how horrible Xanatos was feeling. Really enjoying your stories!

Geminia chapter 2 . 12/29/2007
Is Dana magical? Like a part-Fey or something? I just remembered that you described her as just appearing, and when her and Claw went off to visit her relatives...we never got a description to who they were. Also, is Puck the grandaddy? Or, was that Oberon? Bethany is adorable btw.

Gryphinwyrm7 chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
No clue.
Sara chapter 2 . 6/18/2002
Have just read this one... but I'm thinking "Beauty and the Beast," with Vincent being the individual with claws and FIVE fingers... maybe?
draicana chapter 2 . 8/30/2001
oh um...i bet i don't know...errrr...hmmm...*ponders* oh and you had to blooming well leave it there and leave me hanging! grr...oh well, i'll just have to wait for the next part...*waits impatiently*
ShadowRunner chapter 2 . 8/26/2001
*ShadowRunner juping up and down* Ooooooo! I know... I know... I like it so far and look forward to reading more...