Reviews for Bright Eyed Boys
Dante Morose chapter 1 . 3/3
I'm not...entirely sure how to feel about this. I'm actually in mild shock here. Fresh, harsh perspective does that to me. I can feel this generic grunt's hurt and resentment, but I also feel for and understand Cloud and Zack's side. This story just makes me think that perhaps to the grunt's friends and comrades, he was a hero for taking down what they saw as their pinnacle of humiliation. Zack got everything they wanted, they resented him, and in their eyes, perhaps, what they did was justified. At the same time, Zack is fighting all of them for the sake of saving Cloud and reaching Aerith; thereby becoming a hero in that way. It's kind of sad, really, that there are so many types of heroes. Sadder still, neither Zack nor that grunt of the story got the ending they wished for at the beginning.

Thanks so much for writing this.
-Dante
...whoa.

I still know almost nothing abt Final Fantasy (any part, really) but this one...even without much knowledge of this fandom, I can tell it's an amazing piece of writing by an amazing author. (Oh geez, I need a thesaurus)

Now, if you'll excuse me, ai'm just gonna go contemplate why exactly I love drowning myself in feels so much.
~Slither
Bjanik chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Yes, I know I reviewed this already, and so now I have to be anonymous to do it again. But years have passed and I still think about this piece. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget it.
MasterShaper chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Like a tiny glass of hot chocolate, this one was. Short but bittersweet at the same time.

Hmm, grammar was good, and that's always a plus.

I particularly liked the concept of seeing but remaining blind to something. It does speak volumes for itself.

Till next time,
MS
Nantalith chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Oh, this is very nice.

I like the flow, and the narrative - it came across as real and believable.

But the end is my favourite :)
Captain'JTK chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Heartbreakingly beautiful
7hgjbsg98y3fdlhdskjlesty chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Wow! This is amazing, I really wish I could write this well. The ending was so well put. Even though this was short it felt like i was there like I was feeling it.
underhandlilies chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Aw. This story just tugged horribly at my heartstrings, especially the use of language that you incorporated in it: "Eyes only for each other" "Heart beating blood onto the rocks"...I loved how you showed it from a different perspective too, a different point of view. It made the entire thing much more powerful. Awesome.
quali chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Wow, you could really feel the resentment of being insignificant in this fic.
Amatherize chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
gawd, i'm really thinking if i still want to finish playing crisis. T_T zack..
Rutoh-Chan chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
A perspective worth considering. And well considered. Thanks for the fic.
bbb136 chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Heart broken.

:) Brilliant piece of writing.
whiskedaway chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
It's nice to see the fight from another's pov.
The Backwater Experts chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
I love this story! I don't even know how many times I read it, it's the best FFVII story I've read on here! Great job!
Sasayaki chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
That was just magnificent. The perspective you chose was well suited for the character you portrayed, his emotions and thoughts coupled with the scenario was just wonderful.
Thank you for sharing this!