Reviews for Second Chances
ZenaraTheDragon chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Hmm, a nice take on what might have happened. I see what you mean about James being a jerk, then suddenly being a hero.
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
It might contradict DH, but I think it is the best explanation for James suddenly turning into a decent human being. Well written too.
WiltingDaisies94 chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Very nice oneshot! Most people give how James became more mature absolutely no thought whatsoever. They just put up an OOC warning and write him in as mature, even when he's supposed to be a prank master, and a childish one at that. Your characterization is excellent, considering we don't hear too much about the Marauders in the books.

Just one thing, please change "braking the law" to "breaking the law". Thanks!

-WiltingDaisies94
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Very good one-shot. Just the right amount of emotional development and plot development along with good timing. Remus' diatribe was particularly good (even if you didn't say that it was necessary). The only things I thought were missing were the connection between James realizing he's been irresponsible and then confessing it to Lily. The speech Lily gave him in return almost seemed a little TOO mature, as if Lily was trying to be his mother instead of a potential love interest.

That being said, this was some very good writing. Just working to provide some well-rounded feedback. Guess it's the teacher in me!

Congrats, PoC!
Cailus Griffin chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Hehe, a beauty. Absolute beauty. I don't know why I didn't read this before, but I'm glad I have now.

The only little tidbit is cannononical (that's actually how it's spelt...-_-), in that we actually do find out what the prank was, and how it turned out; Sirius did tell Sniv-AHEM, Snape how to get past the Willow, and yup, when James heard of it, he went to stop him. The only real difference is that James pulled Snape out of the tunnel, but Snape managed to get a glimpse of Remus.

Although to be honest, I prefer your one more; it's nice to see how James begins his relationship with Lily, and begins changing, and Sirius' carefree nature, and Remus' pent up emotions about his fur issues.

Great story, and for the record (I was directed to this by one of my friends), I'm a fella. A man. A guy. A masculine entity. A rarity in FanFic it seems, but hey, there you go...:O
SilverDrama chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
hehe, verey, very cool oneshot. The way you portrayed the characters is very realistic, especially your Severus, I really enjoyed this!

-Cherry-
duj chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Rather AU, especially in the details. For example, it was Dumbledore who forbade Snape to tell Lupin's secret and it's clear from DH that Lily was not told exactly what happened, but heard a garbled rumour that James had done something to save Snape from "whatever's down there".

Also OOC, as in far too kind to the Marauders. There's no way Sirius could have thought Snape would survive facing a werewolf; by then he'd spent about three years with his friends learning to be Animagi *because* there's no safe way for a human to be around a werewolf. And James *didn't* repent of being a prat; a few months later (both events happened in 5th year and, according to DH, the werewolf thing came first) he was still bullying Snape for "the fact that he exists" and he continued hexing Snape (and lying about it to Lily) after she started going out with him. Nor had he been restricting his harassment to "generally bullies themselves"; in OotP, Lily said he hexed people "just because you can" and Lupin said he did it "just for the fun of it".
Tigress-A True Marauder chapter 1 . 10/10/2007