Reviews for It didn't work
AllieOfGreenGables chapter 16 . 2/13/2013
I kind of like Marcellsterus. Or whatever his new name is. He's cool, if you like slightly mad men (and I do).
Angela M chapter 2 . 10/25/2012
My god, Jack is a bastard! I can't help but think this will not turn out well once the doctor finds out.
Mia-Mua chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
It's so wonderful! May I translate your work into Chinese?
Guest chapter 16 . 7/2/2012
Oh my god.
Oh my-
this was-
Oh my god.
This was incredible.
Amazing.
I got chills.
Tears are leaking out of my eyes.
Extremely well done- might I beg for a sequel?
Guest chapter 16 . 5/25/2012
AAHAHAHAHA! THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING I'VE READ EVER! Why the hell am I laughing? Okay, sorry, it was kind of funny at the end there for some reason to me, but I was practically sobbing in some of the earlier chapters. Actually, most of the chapters. In fact I was laughing through tears even at the end. This was... I can't even describe. Heart-breaking, epic, full of angst and sorrow and pain and good and evil and... even fluff. I felt so much for Marcellus, and I was on the edge of my seat with the plot the whole time. So many twists, and it all seemed so... purposeful. I didn't feel like you were rambling to me, which is what I feel like when I read a lot of inferior literature (COUGHMYOWNCOUGH). My God this is a masterpiece. I must go read all your stuff now!
lokivainglorious chapter 16 . 2/5/2012
I loved it! Really well written and I love how the characters were portrayed /sequel?
anonymous chapter 4 . 11/25/2011
just a quick questin, who were you imagining as the senator?
mericat chapter 16 . 2/27/2011
I don't know how you do it. The Master ... written perfectly. Loved the way Jack gave into his temptation for revenge, but did not understand that Marcellus was truly innocent. Loved the revenge ending and the Doctor's way of solving keeping both The Master and Marcellus. Great story-telling. Shivers for not really knowing who has the upper hand and if the torture of Marcellus did wreck him. thank you. Your writing is like watching a full episode or a two parter.
anemix chapter 16 . 12/30/2010
Jack is horrible here, though I like the realism of this otherwise. It is well written-out, and I really like your writing style. One of the only prevalent problems is, the grammar of complex verb tenses in sentences with multiple verbs (whatever that's called)(especially with verbs ending in -ing and the past tense). Another is the correct choice of prepositions in prepositional phrases (pressed hands AGAINST *not 'onto'* his eyes). Those little things are really hard to learn though, detract little from the story, and your use of the English language is still really good. I've enjoyed all of your stories so far, and hope you keep writing!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
Christina chapter 2 . 7/16/2010
Poor Master! -cuddles-

Somehow, I don't think Jack would do this...but maybe I'm too sure of his character. I don't remember seeing any obvious grammatical errors, and the pace was smooth. Maybe it's too early in the story, but it seems like this is taking a different track than most fanfiction staring the Master. (I shall keep reading)
SilverBlueGrey chapter 16 . 5/14/2010
This story was an amazing read as well! It's so creative and ingeniously written, the way you can delve into the characters' minds and depict their suffering, and yet have everything resolve itself in the end. Your writing is really inspiring. It's like a breath of fresh air, especially when really good prose is hard to come across in the fanfiction domain.

I did notice a few small grammatical errors. In the last chapter or two, twice you used the word "seized," when I think it should have been "ceased."
Kiira-san chapter 16 . 2/10/2010
Ah, can't believe I didn't go through your other stuff sooner! I read this all in one go, and it's great. You seem to enjoy coming up with new ways for the Master to be saved, and I enjoy reading them. I really like what happened here - I'm glad that neither Master nor Marcellus were sacrificed, and I like the person that they turned into. I was worried for a bit that Marcellus and/or Master would blame the Doctor for his cruel existence and that would have opened up a whole new world of problems, but they were both smart enough to figure out the true culprit in the end. As far as Jack goes, I can understand why he did what he did, and of course that doesn't make it right, but it's more sad than evil, I think. Also, kudos to MasterMarcellus for having enough Marcellus to forgive.

Story aside, I didn't guess that English wasn't your first language until I read your page. Many people who were born speaking English are far worse off in the writing/grammar/talent/awesomeness department.
Power Of Funk chapter 16 . 1/7/2010
dude that was a really good story XD poor marcellus

kind of sad the master isn't the master technically anymore but at least hes nice and i guess they were the same person anyway :)

great story tho! Keep it up!

The power of FUNK compels you!
Veetro chapter 16 . 1/2/2010
I'm not very good at reviews or anything, but dayum ;D That was awesome! Really didn't expect it, but you've managed to do that thing where the story stands perfectly well on it's own :) Love it, t'was a beautiful thing ;) x
Erin chapter 16 . 12/15/2009
I don't think I have ever found a Fan Fiction on this site that has keep me so enthralled until the very end like this one did! It was amazing and the ending, I don't think it is possible for it to have a better ending. The idea of merging The Master and Marcellus into one character was ingenious.

This is my first ever review, due to the fact that no fiction has had this effect on before, I was so emotionally involved with the characters that at parts (especially when Jack was selling poor Marcellus) that I was almost moved to tears,

Well Done!