Reviews for Masks
Luna Lillyth chapter 4 . 1/16
Danny jumps to conclusions and has to retell a story. I loved this.
Rosalind2013 chapter 4 . 1/11
Haha I really love the Mr. Lancer fics! He's such a tragically under appreciated character, and it's great to see him in a new light!

It's such a happy story, and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Momo Spock chapter 4 . 12/31/2015
this is so amazing and undoubtedly the first of its kind and best!
lexi1220 chapter 4 . 12/29/2015
Oh my God this story is amazing!
DarkSakura159 chapter 4 . 12/15/2015
Great Story XD
T'Challa2002 chapter 4 . 12/2/2015
This was so damn good
Guest chapter 4 . 11/23/2015
I'm dead, this is awesome!
Alicia of the Temptation chapter 4 . 10/8/2015
This is remarkably well written! One of the best student-teacher bonding fics I've read for Danny Phantom. It was very complex, and very suspenseful. Even the nitpicking part of me was happy with the lack of mistakes. I'm happy you kept it as a slow burn fic, and giving Danny such a personality really helps with adding more suspense. Well done!
SunBinamra chapter 4 . 8/31/2015
Teachers, especially those like Lancer, are not paid nearly enough. This was a wonderful story (and I'm a sucker for stories where Lancer is both enemy and hero - not all teachers are like Mr. Crocker) and I love the way that Danny just ended up telling the truth when he thought Lancer figured everything out. It's such a Danny thing to do.

Excellent work!
Candy Phantom chapter 4 . 8/30/2015
I decided to go look at every single story in your archive, and I'm already here. Wow.
Angry Penguins chapter 4 . 8/13/2015
This was a really nicely written story! I love your character interpretation of Danny and his multiple mask. It just gave his character so much depth. I simply love! Thank you so much for writing this Fic! It was an amazing read.
tiredrobin chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
This pretty well written, with perhaps a few bumps on the road. I like the way you captured the emotion, as well as how you structured the story. It seems like a common trope to tell a story involving Danny and Lancer through Lancer's eyes, and it never gets old, haha.
This fanfic made me feel sad, worried, anxious, bittersweet/happy-sad, and a whole plethora of other such emotions, and anything that can evoke such an emotional response is well done, in my book. I actually can't properly express how much I enjoyed reading this. Because, like, I really liked it. A lot. A lot a lot.

(This fanfiction is somewhere about what, 7, 8 years old? I wonder how your writing has evolved and improved, or if you still write at all.)

Thank you for writing this, as silly as it may sound. I really appreciate the effort you put into it, and it's a great read.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/5/2015
Please continue
MetalGodlv66 chapter 4 . 6/1/2015
This was very good, I really liked that it was in Lancer's perspective. He's always a fun character to be with.
mxmusa chapter 3 . 4/11/2015
This is by far the best fic I've ever read. I read it a while back but didn't leave a review, and now I've reread it and noticed lots of details I missed earlier, leaving me feeling like this fic gets infinitely better every time, truly so enjoyable, breathtaking.

"'You're here because I almost stopped caring.'
For a second, Daniel looked off balance, but then he rolled his eyes and settled deeper into the chair." At the beginning, danny doesn't trust Lancer, and that's why this line is so heartbreaking; he reacts like he would to anyone offering their help, but immediately takes it as a cliche lie. So yeah, emotional pain from the start, love it.
Love the book choices, for Lancer's swears! Great Gatsby? Green light? That was the first time danny showed use of his powers I think, so super fitting.
Is his wife a POC? The hair implies such, if I'm visualizing it correctly, but I am pretty bad at picturing descriptions in my mind no matter how well it's written. But I love that, love this oc, and what it says about Lancer's intuitive and likable nature outside of the classroom (and in this case, literally).
I was relieved at Lancer's behavior in balancing each possibility for danny's secret. At the mention of dissociative identity disorder (multiple personalities), he didn't treat danny as potentially helpless, and that's really important.
I wonder what danny was actually afraid of "falling apart"? Was there a big plan for ghost hunting that night? Because danny did fill out the sheet of his masks F, P, and D at 2 am, which is may suggest he was anxious to get back to whatever he had to do that night? Ahaa sorry just posing some questions.
I notice danny's fourth "mask," or the boy behind the mask, is really similar to the Fenton mask. Imagine how he'd feel about that when he's feeling really upset and weak and afraid, imagine him wondering if he actually is the "stupid loser" he shows at school. Gosh that's super upsetting to think about
When danny took on his Phantom personality and pushed Lancer out of the way, he could at once rely on the fact that he stunned Lancer long enough to transform and fly down the hall before he went after him. That small detail says a lot about this particular mask.
"Which is worse... a ghost or my parents." Which is worse to be around - danny or his parents? That's sad oh boy
Oh god and none of the others even KNOW about phantom planet, do they? That event is the physical manifestation of the fears of danny's true personality, and he hasn't told anyone besides Lancer. Oh god
"Suspicion sparkling" - love the oxymoron, especially with other very different emotions sparkling previously, and suspicion showing very differently previously.
Danny says "I'm fine" both at the beginning of the story and at the end. This loop, that's such great development, love that.

Sorry, aah, this isn't much of a review. The fic is already pretty perfect. I'm just here dumping my speculations. Thanks again for writing this, you're amazing!
639 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »