Reviews for Masks
Fiddlehoffer chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
I loved it! Can't wait to read more!
15litts chapter 4 . 7/20/2013
This was wonderful to read! I can't wait to read the sequel!
TallieCat chapter 4 . 7/2/2013
What an amazing story! I really hope you decide to writ more in the future!
k2scartoons chapter 4 . 5/23/2013
Wow. I actually forgot Danny was in the room when you ended the last chapter and I didn't realize he !might! have heard Lancer until right before Lancer looked at where Danny was sitting. Silly me! But excellent job! You are amazing! I love how Lancer didn't outright figure it out! His initial impression was of him being used, kinda like the anime Birdy the Mighthy where Birdy merges with a high school kid when she accidentally kills him, or Card Capture Sakura where Yukito and Yue are two poeple in the same body, or Tenshi Muyo where little Sasami had been previously merged with the spirit of her great ship Tsunami. A none anime reference could be the Demon Etrigan and how he's merged with Jason Blood. I believe that one may be more in line with what Lancer originally thought, because Etrigan is a supernatural entity that possess a human. I could mention more, but I shall refrain from doing so at this time (the fact I would have to look them up has absolutely nothing to do with it [innocent look]).
Anyway, awesome. I love how Lancer explains Danny's problem to the boy, and it's true. It's all too true that there is a distinct possibility that Danny really can't keep this up forever. Hiding the true him away will definitely east him away inside and damage him psychologically. It's just not healthy. I agree that his parents should know, but I disagree with the whole world finding out. I really didn't like the ending to the series, it seemed to forced to me.
But I digress. This story was a wonderful romp and I truly enjoyed it. I would read the sequel now, if not for two reasons. 1: I am currently on a Lancer quest right now and am reading stories in order of publishing. If the sequel is once again Lancer centric, I will get to it in due time, if not, well I will just have to look your profile up later and read it after I get my Lancer fix (which won't be until I have read every current Lancer centered story on here, and possible posted my own. IF I ever get it written, that is...). Anyway, I do hoe to read some of your work again real soon. You are an amazing writer and I love your insightful wisdom. And I will most definitely be checking ou pencil (or whatever the title was again) soon.
Oh, yeah! The second reason. I need to go to bed. It's already 1am and I have to get up early to babysit my niece adn nephew in the morning. So, with that said, I will bid you farewell, and good night.
k2scartoons chapter 3 . 5/23/2013
Ok. I was only going to use the chapter three review box to mention that I realized you already mentioned what book Lancer was reading in the AN's in the previous two chapters and I simply missed them in my excitement to review the story. But since I wanted to read the whole chapter before I did that I found the little doozy at the bottom. I am SO glad that you had Lancer skeptical about the initial thought. Most people have him make the jump sooner then that. You are amazing. The fact that, while he is skeptical about it, he still has a small piece of himself not skeptic. It's really quite fascinating to read this adn I really enjoy every morsel. Truly, it is a delight. You make everything so plausible it works. My only regret is there is no perspective from Danny, which is totally fine, I love Lancer centric stuff, I just wish I could see the chaos swirling in Danny's head about the possibilities of Lancer finding out, the frightening thoughts he has, the fear of what Lancer would do. Would he tell his parents? IF he did, what would happen? He's so frightened about his parents finding out the truth...
Totally loving it.
k2scartoons chapter 2 . 5/22/2013
I wasn't going to review the second chapter at first. I was just gonna read all the way through. But then I got to the part where Danny wrote the list for Lancer and Lancer made the remark about a 'fourth' part and I realized...wow. She saw it too! Hardly anyone realizes it, but Danny hides the most vulnerable side of himself from everyone, even his friends! I never thought to put it out like you did, though. USing your symbology of masks hiding the vulnerable child beneath it all. I saw the different aspects, but I saw them as variations of the same person. Danny as he is with his friends, Danny being unassuming at school and Phantom as the protector of the town. And underneath it all is the guilt and fear and dread and pain and everything else he hides from everyone else so they don't see the truth. The insecurity, the vulnerability that is surely there.
Bravo. Bravo to you. I salute you and offer a standing ova.
...unless I'm totally jumping the gun and am misinterpreting the whole thing. If that's the case them what am I missing? Maybe I should just stop rambling and musing about the story and get back to reading it, huh? Heh. I sound very silly right now, sorry.
Oh, and before I forget, two more things. For some reason, Beth reminds me of Izumi Curtis from FMA. I think it's the hair. Second, I forgot to ask last time. What is the book Lancer is reading. I am very interested in knowing what it is. If it's a real book, that is.
k2scartoons chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Oh, wow. Wowy wow wow! That's all I can say! Wow. The writing is fantastic, though there are a few errors here and there, but now ones perfect, not even professional novelists. The story is riveting! I was gonna read the whole thing in one sitting, but I just had to comment on the first chapter alone. IS was amazing! Granted, I find it hard to believe a teacher would do that, but the idea that they might is interesting.
I like how you chose Edward as his first name, what was your inspiration for it? I read one where they used Slade, refferencing Ron Pearlman's role in TT. Others have used William, which just seems way too...contrived. WilliamShakespeareLiterature teacherreally? But it's true that it is something that a show like this would do. Me, I would go for either Ron, after Perlman himself, or Vincent, a call back to his stint on Beauty and the Beast. Good show, that.
Anyway, I like that you gave him a wife. The show implied he was all alone. I like the idea that he had a lost love in the past that he never got over and has a child he doesn't know about. Working on a story about it, actually. May get it done someday.
Anyway, like I said. I really like this and find it fascinating. Danny is in a real pickle here, does he tell the truth or not? Will we get to see a chapter from his POV or is it all Lancer? It would be interesting either way. Well, I best get to reading the rest now.
Yolonda chapter 4 . 3/18/2013
This... was... AWESOME. I would like to say more, but now you've made me want to go read the sequel...

I loved the 'journey' they had to go through to figure it out, and it was believable. (Or: as believable as a cartoon could be.) Supernatural elements aside, this is what I think a teacher would be thinking and feeling when trying to help a student as complex as Danny.
Rubes99 chapter 4 . 3/15/2013
Amazing. I really loved the ending. It was deep, meaningful, created the perfect mood. This is a really, really great peice of writing.
Monkeygirlz3 chapter 4 . 3/2/2013
okay it totally loved this story it was amazing!
Zaabeth chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Fhew, wasn't that an adventure of a story. Very nice. A lovely four-shot or something like that. I quite enjoyed it. Thank you very much for writing this, I thought it was very well laid out with good character interaction and realistic reactions. You managed to write Lancer and his thoughts very well, and Danny's internal conflict was superbly portrayed. So yeah, thanks. I'm off to read the sequel now. Hopefully it's just as amazing as this story was. :)

-Zaabeth
jclark775 chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Whoa, what did I just read? It was like gold flying into my mind. Painted a huge picture to me and I absolutely loved it! You write amazingly you had me trapped sitting here, I just needed to finish this lol. Your writing, I mean seriously, just wow. Good work loved it )
david chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
This reminds me of csi where grissom is interrogating someone.
Fan-Tasticly-Lame chapter 4 . 1/2/2013
Wow. Simply wow. That was easily the best fanfic I've read all year. Certainly a ranking member of the ones I read last year. That truly was an amazing read and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I love how deep you delved into Danny's mind. Very few people understand his character in the way that you seem to and I appreciate an author when they have a good understanding of their subject matter. Thank you for writing this! I will be looking forward to reading more from you.
TiffanySK chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I...I don't know what else to say, honestly.

I'm going to go read that sequel now...
592 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »