Reviews for Masks
Guest chapter 4 . 2/1/2014
Holy, there better be a sequel.
Anjali chapter 4 . 1/31/2014
This story is beautiful. I always kind of thought Mr. Lancer had a soft spot for Danny... [::
DoodlingPlume chapter 4 . 1/29/2014
This short story is just amazing. Thank you for posting it on this site.
KingofHell16 chapter 4 . 1/1/2014
First thing I said after reading this was wow. The idea from what I've read has never been done before and I wouldn't have it any other way. Your writing is fantastic and the sequel I'm sure will be just as.
Gaara's Demon Sister Shi chapter 4 . 11/24/2013
This...was a BLOODY AWSOME story! I mean really I can kind of see something like this happening but what I'm not fully understanding is that you kind of make it seem like Tucker, Sam and Jazz don't know he's a halfa? Is that what you were trying to make it because that's what it sounded like. Anyway this is a really good story. You should make a squeal to this where he tells his family and friends and their reactions but don't make them hate him, and then they help him through a lot does that seem like a cool idea?
Frosty Wolf chapter 4 . 11/14/2013
Impressive, that's all I can see.
agest chapter 4 . 11/8/2013
wow! ('bout reviews WOW! a lot)
AwesomeRiana chapter 4 . 11/5/2013
HOLY S THAT WAS FING AWESOME! LOOK AT MY LANGUEGE! AHH! YOU MUST MAKE MORE STORYS LIKE THIS! AHHH! I LOVE!
ESPECILLY THE ENDING!
This is... A series of Unfortunet events

"and this is my story."
MWHAHAHAHA! AWESOMENESS!
A. Sirius Riddle chapter 4 . 9/25/2013
Dear Cordria,
First of all, I would like to thank you for writing this wonderful story. I love how Danny has these 'masks' and how Jazz made him write out each one as to not lose himself. It seems very likely that it could be like this. Also, I very much like your Mr. Lancer. Many times, I come across stories where he acts and does things I don't think he would, but I believe you've done well here, so kudos to you!
Next, I want to thank you so very much for including quotes from 'I Am a Pencil' by Sam Swope. When I read this story initially, I fell in love with those little excerpts, and I very much wanted to read it. However, I was not able to until recently. I quickly finished the book and it has become one of my favorites. Thank you so much.
Yours,
A. Sirius Riddle
Fiddlehoffer chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
I loved it! Can't wait to read more!
15litts chapter 4 . 7/20/2013
This was wonderful to read! I can't wait to read the sequel!
TallieCat chapter 4 . 7/2/2013
What an amazing story! I really hope you decide to writ more in the future!
k2scartoons chapter 4 . 5/23/2013
Wow. I actually forgot Danny was in the room when you ended the last chapter and I didn't realize he !might! have heard Lancer until right before Lancer looked at where Danny was sitting. Silly me! But excellent job! You are amazing! I love how Lancer didn't outright figure it out! His initial impression was of him being used, kinda like the anime Birdy the Mighthy where Birdy merges with a high school kid when she accidentally kills him, or Card Capture Sakura where Yukito and Yue are two poeple in the same body, or Tenshi Muyo where little Sasami had been previously merged with the spirit of her great ship Tsunami. A none anime reference could be the Demon Etrigan and how he's merged with Jason Blood. I believe that one may be more in line with what Lancer originally thought, because Etrigan is a supernatural entity that possess a human. I could mention more, but I shall refrain from doing so at this time (the fact I would have to look them up has absolutely nothing to do with it [innocent look]).
Anyway, awesome. I love how Lancer explains Danny's problem to the boy, and it's true. It's all too true that there is a distinct possibility that Danny really can't keep this up forever. Hiding the true him away will definitely east him away inside and damage him psychologically. It's just not healthy. I agree that his parents should know, but I disagree with the whole world finding out. I really didn't like the ending to the series, it seemed to forced to me.
But I digress. This story was a wonderful romp and I truly enjoyed it. I would read the sequel now, if not for two reasons. 1: I am currently on a Lancer quest right now and am reading stories in order of publishing. If the sequel is once again Lancer centric, I will get to it in due time, if not, well I will just have to look your profile up later and read it after I get my Lancer fix (which won't be until I have read every current Lancer centered story on here, and possible posted my own. IF I ever get it written, that is...). Anyway, I do hoe to read some of your work again real soon. You are an amazing writer and I love your insightful wisdom. And I will most definitely be checking ou pencil (or whatever the title was again) soon.
Oh, yeah! The second reason. I need to go to bed. It's already 1am and I have to get up early to babysit my niece adn nephew in the morning. So, with that said, I will bid you farewell, and good night.
k2scartoons chapter 3 . 5/23/2013
Ok. I was only going to use the chapter three review box to mention that I realized you already mentioned what book Lancer was reading in the AN's in the previous two chapters and I simply missed them in my excitement to review the story. But since I wanted to read the whole chapter before I did that I found the little doozy at the bottom. I am SO glad that you had Lancer skeptical about the initial thought. Most people have him make the jump sooner then that. You are amazing. The fact that, while he is skeptical about it, he still has a small piece of himself not skeptic. It's really quite fascinating to read this adn I really enjoy every morsel. Truly, it is a delight. You make everything so plausible it works. My only regret is there is no perspective from Danny, which is totally fine, I love Lancer centric stuff, I just wish I could see the chaos swirling in Danny's head about the possibilities of Lancer finding out, the frightening thoughts he has, the fear of what Lancer would do. Would he tell his parents? IF he did, what would happen? He's so frightened about his parents finding out the truth...
Totally loving it.
k2scartoons chapter 2 . 5/22/2013
I wasn't going to review the second chapter at first. I was just gonna read all the way through. But then I got to the part where Danny wrote the list for Lancer and Lancer made the remark about a 'fourth' part and I realized...wow. She saw it too! Hardly anyone realizes it, but Danny hides the most vulnerable side of himself from everyone, even his friends! I never thought to put it out like you did, though. USing your symbology of masks hiding the vulnerable child beneath it all. I saw the different aspects, but I saw them as variations of the same person. Danny as he is with his friends, Danny being unassuming at school and Phantom as the protector of the town. And underneath it all is the guilt and fear and dread and pain and everything else he hides from everyone else so they don't see the truth. The insecurity, the vulnerability that is surely there.
Bravo. Bravo to you. I salute you and offer a standing ova.
...unless I'm totally jumping the gun and am misinterpreting the whole thing. If that's the case them what am I missing? Maybe I should just stop rambling and musing about the story and get back to reading it, huh? Heh. I sound very silly right now, sorry.
Oh, and before I forget, two more things. For some reason, Beth reminds me of Izumi Curtis from FMA. I think it's the hair. Second, I forgot to ask last time. What is the book Lancer is reading. I am very interested in knowing what it is. If it's a real book, that is.
616 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »