Reviews for Masks
k2scartoons chapter 2 . 5/22/2013
I wasn't going to review the second chapter at first. I was just gonna read all the way through. But then I got to the part where Danny wrote the list for Lancer and Lancer made the remark about a 'fourth' part and I She saw it too! Hardly anyone realizes it, but Danny hides the most vulnerable side of himself from everyone, even his friends! I never thought to put it out like you did, though. USing your symbology of masks hiding the vulnerable child beneath it all. I saw the different aspects, but I saw them as variations of the same person. Danny as he is with his friends, Danny being unassuming at school and Phantom as the protector of the town. And underneath it all is the guilt and fear and dread and pain and everything else he hides from everyone else so they don't see the truth. The insecurity, the vulnerability that is surely there.
Bravo. Bravo to you. I salute you and offer a standing ova.
...unless I'm totally jumping the gun and am misinterpreting the whole thing. If that's the case them what am I missing? Maybe I should just stop rambling and musing about the story and get back to reading it, huh? Heh. I sound very silly right now, sorry.
Oh, and before I forget, two more things. For some reason, Beth reminds me of Izumi Curtis from FMA. I think it's the hair. Second, I forgot to ask last time. What is the book Lancer is reading. I am very interested in knowing what it is. If it's a real book, that is.
k2scartoons chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Oh, wow. Wowy wow wow! That's all I can say! Wow. The writing is fantastic, though there are a few errors here and there, but now ones perfect, not even professional novelists. The story is riveting! I was gonna read the whole thing in one sitting, but I just had to comment on the first chapter alone. IS was amazing! Granted, I find it hard to believe a teacher would do that, but the idea that they might is interesting.
I like how you chose Edward as his first name, what was your inspiration for it? I read one where they used Slade, refferencing Ron Pearlman's role in TT. Others have used William, which just seems way too...contrived. WilliamShakespeareLiterature teacherreally? But it's true that it is something that a show like this would do. Me, I would go for either Ron, after Perlman himself, or Vincent, a call back to his stint on Beauty and the Beast. Good show, that.
Anyway, I like that you gave him a wife. The show implied he was all alone. I like the idea that he had a lost love in the past that he never got over and has a child he doesn't know about. Working on a story about it, actually. May get it done someday.
Anyway, like I said. I really like this and find it fascinating. Danny is in a real pickle here, does he tell the truth or not? Will we get to see a chapter from his POV or is it all Lancer? It would be interesting either way. Well, I best get to reading the rest now.
Yolonda chapter 4 . 3/18/2013
This... was... AWESOME. I would like to say more, but now you've made me want to go read the sequel...

I loved the 'journey' they had to go through to figure it out, and it was believable. (Or: as believable as a cartoon could be.) Supernatural elements aside, this is what I think a teacher would be thinking and feeling when trying to help a student as complex as Danny.
CastleScribe chapter 4 . 3/15/2013
Amazing. I really loved the ending. It was deep, meaningful, created the perfect mood. This is a really, really great peice of writing.
Monkeygirlz3 chapter 4 . 3/2/2013
okay it totally loved this story it was amazing!
MildlyMiffed chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Fhew, wasn't that an adventure of a story. Very nice. A lovely four-shot or something like that. I quite enjoyed it. Thank you very much for writing this, I thought it was very well laid out with good character interaction and realistic reactions. You managed to write Lancer and his thoughts very well, and Danny's internal conflict was superbly portrayed. So yeah, thanks. I'm off to read the sequel now. Hopefully it's just as amazing as this story was. :)

jclark775 chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Whoa, what did I just read? It was like gold flying into my mind. Painted a huge picture to me and I absolutely loved it! You write amazingly you had me trapped sitting here, I just needed to finish this lol. Your writing, I mean seriously, just wow. Good work loved it )
david chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
This reminds me of csi where grissom is interrogating someone.
Fan-Tasticly-Lame chapter 4 . 1/2/2013
Wow. Simply wow. That was easily the best fanfic I've read all year. Certainly a ranking member of the ones I read last year. That truly was an amazing read and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I love how deep you delved into Danny's mind. Very few people understand his character in the way that you seem to and I appreciate an author when they have a good understanding of their subject matter. Thank you for writing this! I will be looking forward to reading more from you.
TiffanySK chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I...I don't know what else to say, honestly.

I'm going to go read that sequel now...
SerenSplash989 chapter 4 . 11/24/2012
I love the ending of it soooo much :)
xxClueless1xx chapter 2 . 11/12/2012
Did you use Twilight characters on purpose? LOL ;)
chocolatecake1 chapter 4 . 10/28/2012
I was so bored this evening that I even started to run around in circles across my room... Well, at least until I stumbled across your story, started reading and...*snaps fingers* was in heaven!
I had so much fun reading this! I loved the plot, your way of writing and describing things and the way you fed Lancer some clues, let him draw a conclusion by himself and to finally reveal the truth to him.
Awwww, this story is so amazing and perfect and *gasps for air* you leave me no choice:
*favorites story*
Thank you for writing and publishing this story; it made my evening :•)
DannyPhantomluver2 chapter 4 . 10/7/2012
good job
AkaiZagreus chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Do you have a link to this "I am a Pencil" story, or anything about the author?
617 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »