Reviews for Level Three
Princess Peregrine chapter 1 . 7/12
ooh i like the ending a ton
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
Deliciously angsty. The vocabulary choice for this is just as great as the content. I love the gradual progression and the whole perverseness of the ordeal and the vindictiveness of Dark Ace. The way that you write the fic, the transition from defiant and mocking, to defeated and dependent in terms of Aerrow...it's astounding. You succeeded in attaching the reader to Aerrow and Dark Ace and then suitably broke both of them. The ending is wonderful as well. It's a profound strangeness and there's an underlying tone of frustration in it. I think it was great. I really loved this fic. At one point, I thought that if the Dark Ace suddenly started to hurt Aerrow himself, that Aerrow really would have nothing to hold onto anymore, but that would ruin the fic, so I like the way you did it. Great job. Really, really loved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
That was impressive. A wonderfully worded story that pulls the reader in. It's a dark, twisted, and brilliant deduction of Dark Ace's character.
Golden Snowflake chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Exquisitely dark. Loved it.
EnderGrievesForMe14 chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Now that's just harsh. Seriously.
Primer Dimer chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Excellent dark fiction. Dark Ace is delightfully sadistic and the insights into his thought process are chilling. "Mind bogglingly cruel" does not make a story bad if there's a reason for it and it is done well. I certainly think your story covers both these things.

Furthermore your language and narrative style are a pleasure to read.

While well aware of the inherent emptiness in Dark Ace's actions, I was mildly surprised that he didn't take just a little more satisfaction from the process of domination.
xnotwritinganymorex chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
That has to be the best fan fiction i have ever read. Not because it was depressing, but because of how it moved me. i had tears well up in my eyes from the joy of how Dark Ace's heart had spilled and Aerrow had fallen for him and i was hit hard in the chest when Dark Ace said "throw him in the incinerator"

i absolutely loved the way you dretailed the story too ad how you went deep into Dark Ace's thoughts.

i have read this story many times already : 4 or 5 i can't remember.

thank you once again for your stunning master piece

(i agree, it must have been a great stress reliever)
Without Reprieve chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Whoa, that was brutal. But very descriptive. Good job.
mata25556 chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
wait a second...he take care of him and then he kill him?...wow

but I like 's very good.
defectivebrainstorm chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Two words: Holy. Fuck.

I LOVED it! It crawled all over my skin, gave me a good jump, and just filled me with a brilliant sense of darkness. I love how sick it was.

I know I'm sending you a PM about it, but I also have to review so I can favourite author you, which I keep forgetting to do.

Jesus though. You. Are. Brilliant. Like, everybody on this site sufferes a serious ego blow whenever you write. You're that brilliant. Like, if you could publish this stuff you'd be set for life. The game ends now, I'd like to thank everyone who lost. That brilliant.

And so deliciusly evil. How do you do it?
zurui-chan chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Wow... That's really all I can manage right now... (I stumbled over here from the SH community on LJ due to some art that said you needed to read this story to get it.)

I really enjoyed this story. It was beautifully written, with enough description to make you picture it vividly in your mind, and still enough dialogue. And I liked the ending :) Not neccesarily for plot reasons (Really, it makes me want to cry inside), but for the effect. It's a shock factor, and that makes it stick.

You certainly have a knack for making the characters real and I really enjoyed how you delved into Dark Ace's twisted mind and his need to utterly dominate and break Aerrow. I think this one's going to stay with me for quite some time.
Summing up the Stars chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
I read this a month or so ago and forgot to review mostly because my mind ran to it's happy place...

You can draw/write/read (etc..) a million fluffy things and this story is still there grawing at the back of your mind. It doesn't go away, and you don't forget.

Not really anyway...

Despite the corrupting idiotsy of the world today, a small pure light remains in the depths of our souls.

'Level Three' devours your soul with what I'm sure is rabid joy, tearing it apart with teeth the size of rusted daggers, and kills that light. Anything remaining of it is tainted and grey, cowering in a pitiful lump in some dark corner.

...

...

...Plus you really, REALLY want to beat Dark Ace with something heavy, sharp and hard.

Repeatedly.
ja-bal chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
I've read this one earlier, but now I have an account - so pardon the not so quite fresh response. TheDarkAce/Darksmokinaces told me about this one and I followed down the rabbit hole.

After reading this I couldn't get away from it in my mind. It was so well crafted visually that I couldn't stop seeing it. Which at first was kind of... soul wracking. I was haunted by it and shuddered from time to time that night. Took me a few days to get over it. But all this is a testament to how well it was written.

Again, you craft a gorgeous short story. Something I have had trouble with.

Though, I had such a negative reaction at first, looking back I feel it's good that I read this even though I had to go through all the shuddering and stuff. It was extremely well written and I thank you.

Pardon me if I don't fav this. As much as I enjoyed it. I feel a little cautious about attracting attention to this work... like the attention of young minds. But just like TheDarkAce did for me, I will share this as often as I run into someone whom I know will take it into a special place in their soul, capable of caging it. - Kite
Tatertwig45 chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
I like the twist! It was a very good story!
NimietyCarmine chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
I read this a while back before I had an account here, and I still come back to refresh my memory. Your ability to describe passionate moments is nothing short of amazing, and there's a great balance between diologue and descriptions. After the Dark Ace's constant failures in the seires, it was satisfying to read about such a dark parallel universe.