Reviews for Chaotic Component
tess chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
this is amazing
tinks-belle85 chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Wow, I'm so glad that I found this! I am in the middle of watching The Lost World and decided to look around for some fics. I know it was written years ago, but I just wanted to pop by and say how much I enjoyed it. Malcolm is one of Michael Crichton's best characters ever and Jeff Goldblum is wonderful in the role! I love how you write him. The last few lines or so are my favs. "arrogance" "bitterness". Wonderful! Congrats on a great job!

Happy Writings!

*Tinks*
wolfdog127 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
wow. i liked it
My Lady Vader chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Wow, this gave me goose bumps. I really like it, and I think you captured Ian really good.
JessieDevil666 chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
wow, that was so amazing! I can't find many fics for malcom, yours was really good, I hope you write more _
blueblackangel chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Malcolm is my favorite character! This suits him perfectly .
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Wow! This was really good. It's not everyday you read a fanfic in Malcolm's POV. And it was so in character, especially movie-wise. There's a lot of sarcasm that fits Malcolm, cynicism (sp?) and basically, a bitter tone that shows how tired of he is of everything that involves InGen, Hammond, and dinosaurs. I like how in the end Malcolm reflects on his memories, and decides to find a way for himself.

I also laughed at the paragraph where Malcolm talks about how anal Grant is (thank you!). Seriously, he was so stiff in the backseat, barely reacting to anything, except for when the Rex gets out, the kids bug him with questions, or when Malcolm makes it clear that he likes Ellie. I found that section to be really funny.

-Seek your own 'redemption', but leave me out of it-that is SO Malcolm. Overall, this was very well-written. I love how you captured Malcolm's view and combined both movie and book elements. It fits well that this was written in the 1st POV. It is very fluid and I can actually hear Jeff Goldblum's voice as if he's venting or going off on his usual tirades-except that it's not about chaos theory. I hope you write more fics like this! Great job!