Reviews for Hints of Deception
Korregidora chapter 12 . 10/23/2014
I love this whole series! Of all the things it was this last chapter that nearly brought me to tears because Iruka had been through so much and to have it end with so much love and support was wonderful! Best happy ending ever. :)
jj chapter 12 . 12/25/2013
wow finished the whole series :)
Sejitsu chapter 12 . 10/1/2009
Lovely fic! :) Really great, suspenseful story. Well written, and yay for the fluff and smut at the end! I really like this universe of yours. :) *claps!*
deviltiger chapter 12 . 7/11/2009
Another excellent sequel to "Reputation". I love the way you write the characters they are so realistic and the way you managed to work humor into such a serious story. Speaking of humor I think this is probably my favorite line “Imagine my surprise when I get to the academy and am told Iruka went away for class with the big scary man in a trench coat. Since Tsunade hasn’t left her office all day, I can only assume they meant you.” I laughed my but off. Then you showed the effect the training had on Iruka and I wanted to hug him and Kakashi.
fnoerkfngie chapter 12 . 5/25/2009
I read your story "Reputation" a while ago but didn't realize this was actually a sequel to it. I've been thinking of my own sequel for a while now and have found it a little more difficult than I imagined it would be, but you have made a brilliant job and you're a great inspiration.

A lovely story, very detailed and realistic, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your material.

SorryImLate
vernajast chapter 12 . 2/7/2008
Sorry I didn't review the previous few chapters, but I needed to keep reading. :D I felt pulled forward by your wonderful story. All of the great details throughout really made it perfect. And the final chapter/final scene was the perfect ending. Thank you for this, and for this little universe which really is a scary/lovely place to read. :)
vernajast chapter 7 . 2/4/2008
Oh, I had the sickening feeling they'd miss each other. Dammit...

You're a master of suspense! :D
vernajast chapter 6 . 2/4/2008
First half, with Iruka brilliant! Your laying out of plot and character is what keeps me coming back.

Second half, I cringed with every smack of his shoulder into the wall. UGH! Great descriptions that made me feel like I was right there...ugh... ;)
vernajast chapter 5 . 2/4/2008
Wha-! You are too good, haha. I love how you set things up in one chapter, only to bring them back later. Great continuity throughout, characterization, etc. Love it!

Still no real critique, I know...hm...Instead of "more wise" it would be "wiser"...that's about all I can offer, hehe. Great work!
vernajast chapter 4 . 2/4/2008
This was an awesome chapter! I love details in writing. And Shikamaru; brilliant work with him. Particularly his use of Tohiro as a disguise/test. I really enjoyed reading this. XD
vernajast chapter 3 . 2/4/2008
My mind didn't stray one bit from the fight scene here. Excellent details kept me enthralled. And I feel HORRIBLE for Kashi, knowing he sees Iruka in his mind with another man, even if he looks like Kakashi. Poor thing. But he's right, Iruka's smart and he'll figure it out [right! *fear*].
vernajast chapter 2 . 2/4/2008
YOU. ARE. SNEAKY. I felt so dumb not catching on to the nickname when I read chapter 1. Your excellent writing made me feel perfectly at home in the situation, so I wasn't even on-guard for it.

I love the subtlety...this chapter has lots of little things in it, details. And Kakashi appearing under his desk, haha. Love it! If I were Kashi, that'd happen at least once a week, hehe. I feel like I have nothing constructive to say...it's so good that there's nothing to critique. *sigh*
vernajast chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
The fight scene...I skip them, usually, just reading first/last sentences of paragraphs. I only vaguely felt the urge to do that on yours, a huge accomplishment (!), and only because I'm falling asleep after lunch. It was well written, as is all of your work.

The second scene was pure sweetness and good writing. :)
Mynona chapter 12 . 12/29/2007
Been reading your reputation arc... when I should have been studying, sleeping and probably eating. Though... those are nowhere near as fun.

I really enjoyed your stories (too lazy and too late to review all of them, I hope you understand) and I do hope to see a continuation. I love stories where everything isn't story-time easy, where problems actually do cause pain and troubles even after they happen. I think you've done wonders with that.

What's a little revenge among friends? I'd so like to see Ibiki 'accidentally' run afoul of one of Iruka's traps. Or three. And maybe Kakashi can give him hints on Ibiki's standard moves... should satisfy his longing for revenge too.
Juniperbreezie chapter 12 . 12/18/2007
Another excellent story. I love all of your stories in the Reputation Arc. I hope you continue this story. I want to find out how Iruka does with the rest of the Anbu training and it would be so awesome if he actually went on an Anbu or S class mission.