Reviews for Open Mind for a Different View
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/20
Really great story! And I, too get annoyed when people categorize Dean as "dumb" so I was thrilled by your take on this! Awesome job! And very cute :)
chabitso.0 chapter 1 . 2/6
YES, thank you. Seriously, how people think dean is just brawn and no brain boggles my mind.
Wildfire2 chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
I loved the story, and I totally agree, Dean is NOT dumb. You can't be dumb and figure out how to make your own EMF, or salt bullets. I've been saying this for years and people just shrug like it's just a 'plot hole' that he can make stuff. I generally get a bit heated at that... Dean is not dumb. Thanks for the story!
AsianRapunzel chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Thank you for writing this fic because you've just made me live Dean even more. I love that you managed to hive evidence of Dean's intelligence and managed to connect it with their past.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Thank you for this. It's really wonderful how you write Dean and explain just how wrong his stereotyping is, why he lets that image slide, and how Sam knows it's far from the truth. The way you unraveled everything from the patents to Dean's reading Curious George was really well done and came across great. You have a really good handle on both of their characters. Bravo.
jankjay1 chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I really like this piece. I agree with you that Dean is smart, just not the same kind of smart as Sam.
Nice writing, and lovely analysis. Thank you for sharing it.
purplehex chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I don't think you're projecting at all. Your characterization of Dean agrees with my read on him, that he need practicality to school but that he'll read/watch almost anything to keep himself occupied. Great read! Thank you!
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
This kicks ass. I LOVE Smart!Dean. Too many fanfic writers characterise him as dumb, illiterate muscle. Ha. THANK you for writing this.
SithelfJen chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Gotta love Smart!Dean!
mjg021182 chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Preach it sister!

THANKYOU for writing this. This is EXACTLY what I was in the mood for, and I thought, what the hell, I'll just google smart dean fanfiction and see what I get, and I get THIS! And I'm sooo grateful. the few smart dean fics I've read, usually end up giving him some kind of area of smartness that just doesn't sound like Dean at all, but what you've done here is extrapolate on CANON which is exactly what I was wanting to read. You've taken all the hints/breadcrumbs sprinkled through canon and shown exactly what kind of smart Dean actually is. Which is really, a little here, a bit there, lots in the technological/mechanical kind of area, etc. This is perfect, and totally fitting of Dean's personality and interests. i can't remember which episode it was, but he must have said something about something academic, and Sam gave him a funny look, and he was all "What? I read." Just cos he'd rather beat the sh*t out of some evil SOBs doesn't mean that's ALL there is to him. God I love this fic SO FREAKIN MUCH! Thankyou!
destiny's time chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
amazing!
Luvliacd chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
I really enjoyed this and agree wholeheartedly about Dean.
Darthnikki chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
You know what it annoys me too when writers write a stupid Dean in fiction. I like you think it was Dean who was there for Sams' formative years, who taught him to read and write, who went over his homewrok with him.

So I love this, I love how you write that he isn't dumb in other subjects, its that they bore him because they hold no interest! I think Dean is a complex characyer, and very much like a puzzle. He has all these pieces that make a picture, but they fit together in a strange combination, he's fascinating :0) I also love that Sam doesnt think his brothers thick, that Sam knows how intelligant Dean is xx An awesome fic, am gonna save it to my favourites x
Wolfpack pride chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
This was so amazing. I absolutely loved reading it and will be sure to go back a read it again at a later date. I love that it was in Sam's POV the whole time. It made it seem much more natural. I agree with you that Dean is most certainly smart and I love all the anecdotes that you used to portray that. Fantastic job.
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
I really liked this other side to Dean that you showed in this story. :)
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »