Reviews for The Hardest Riddle
Wonderbee31 chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
Very nice, and can't wait to see how things go for Harry the house elf with the Malfoys.
PSTurner chapter 12 . 11/10/2007
Hey, HJ told him to help himself, so, no problem. I really liked this chapter. HJ had had a real tough life. He got it in the end though. That was nice.

I really like this story. On to the next chapter.

Pam
Beth5572 chapter 22 . 11/10/2007

Terri
PSTurner chapter 9 . 11/10/2007
I so far am really enjoying this story. It reminds me a little of Nonjon's dimension hopping story. But with a real nice twist so far anyway.

I look forward to reading more.

Thanks

Pam
Banner chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
Well, Dumbledore certainly bred true.

It could be a long time before Harry can force a confrontation. I wonder why the Malfoys would want a scarred house-elf? Especially one that served a Light family. I sense a deep, Dark plot.

* cue scary music *
David305 chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
Still enjoying; still encourage using a beta reader to catch errors, or offer suggestions.

"Augustus Longbottom" - Augustus is a male name; JKR calls her Augusta. (twice)

In every previous world, traveling Harry was still Harry. He might meet other Harrys, sometimes very different Harrys (such as the hoofed and tentacle-faced one last time), but "our" Harry did not change species. But here, rather than helping his counterpart, he has actually taken his place. Is there some special reason why you've altered the parameters? Will elf Harry reappear when he moves on? Are you going to let him keep elf magic and popping? Also, why did the timing regress to c. 1990? Previously, the timing was about the same.

(If these radical changes in your format were accidental rather than intentional, that's why a good beta reader is so useful.)

"Harry patted the truck again" trunk

"possibly the thousandths time" thousandth

"Was there another the child of the prophecy," delete both 'the'

"finish Voldemort for once and all." Once and for all

Cheers,

David
Rockyweird chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
okay the story is getting a bit strange but its still a cool story. Hope Harry can become human again after this harry is an elf dimension.
McKinnon chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
That's very unique..
not happening chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
love the story, keep writing
TEC chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
This is certainly a strange one. I didn't have the feeling that he changed form in the other worlds. Hope that's not going to be a problem. Looking forward to more.
the-dreamer4 chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
You've changed the rules in this world! Before, when Harry showed up, he was a physically different person from any existing self that might be in that world. This time, it looks like he merged with his existing self (elf body, possesses Gryff's magical objects).

Is that just because his existing self is a house elf, or has something else changed? Did his existing self actually die the night before in spite of Raffy's healing potions?

Hm ... what is the devious author up to?

dreamer
David M. Potter chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
I do Harry finds a women soon. Harry the House Elf is rather weird. But I hope he learns to use House Elf Magic.
everpresent chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
Er, I'm enjoying the story, on the whole. But you've gone weird in this chapter... suddenly you're changing the Modus Operandi. Instead of an independant person, you've got a "Quantum Leap" thing going on.

If you're just writing farce, that's fine, but I thought you were actually aiming for a reasonably serious humour story. If there is such a thing.

(have to confess that I skipped the video game reality too, it wasn't my cup of tea.)

thanks for sharing.
witowsmp chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
This is interesting. I think Harry should kill the Malfoy family. They're nothing but filthy Death Eaters anyway.
Dead.Account.Canada chapter 22 . 11/10/2007
Oh no! Harry the house-elf...you can just see where this is going...

"Die Voldemort!"

"Wha? A house-elf? I -"

"Die!"

"Agh!"

"OMG, you vermin! You killed the Dark Lord!"

"Sorry 'master' Malfoy."