Reviews for Diligence
:D 3
SusanMarieS chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
lol, nice turn
Phoenix Satori chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Not sure, exactly, how I found my way here, but v. glad I did.

For the record, you should know that this is gorgeous-lovely-perfect. Consummate, one might even venture to say, if one had a thesaurus handy and preferred a word Other Than 'perfect.' (Which one most certainly does.)

Every aspect of this had such...succinct profundity, quiet elegance, an almost off-handedly poetic quality to it. The introspection (the gliby non-sequitur, flowing River-speak, the coarse, straight-forward, inadvertently hilarious Jayne-voice -oh, man) was fairly bada**, as well.

Many kudos.

You're fantastic. _

('Diligence yields beauty as it approaches perfection.' -Makes me feel like an asymptote. [and i don't even like math.] I'll probably be chalking this onto the pavement somewhere here at University so Others can ogle it. Because, this line? Wins.)
Eliche chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Very nice!
Raihu chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
I find this pretty amazing. You've done River and Jayne justice, sure, but I think you've gone a bit beyond that too. You've anticipated their motivations, and noted what makes them dislike each other and found a way to make them co-exist comfortably.

Really fun to read, really /exciting/ because - as the story goes on - it got better and better at convincing me that it's one of the best I've read. In spite of that spare, stark prose, there are more layers to this story than I could count. Thanks for this one.
icebreather chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Heh, i'd love to see how he reacts to her studying his smells. This is delicious, and so would that be, if you were the author ... not that I'm hinting, or anything. ;-)
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Oh, gorgeous! I'm putting this in my favorites.
badkarma00 chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Now that was cool!
Lucifer's Garden chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Oh my goodness, this was adorable! :D
Whyt Wulf chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
I'm impressed by how well you captured River, though you write Jayne a little more cuddly than I find believable. ;) Very well written dialog, however. Bravo and thank you!
Steplianna chapter 1 . 10/12/2007

Are you at all planning sequels? I can totally see a progressive set using the different senses (as brought to mind about her smelling him and then wanting to study those).

If you choose to write more I shall look forward to reading more!