Reviews for Little Lie
DreamerInHeaven chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
I'm still convinced that Ben is Deans son

Good story :)
ModernScribe chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Beautiful writing. It was subtle, yet powerful. I especially loved the last line. That was a kicker. Lovely job.
monkey-monkey-underpants07 chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
great! i loved seeing it from her perspective and it totally seems right on. :)
supernatural-princess17 chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
good job i wish more people would write stories about dean and lisa. i liked this one
Ultimate Raisin chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Ha! I knew it! Lovely reasoning for her to keep Ben's parentage a secret.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Oh my God! I love it! It's awesome!
wrenbailey chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
I wanted Ben to be his son too, I love Supernatural...and Dean's character is my favorite. I have been a Jensen Ackles fan since I first saw him on Dark Angel (he had a character named Ben at one time, and then was his twin Alec). This was so cute and sweet that it makes me want to hit the script writers who said Ben wasn't his. Lovely little story, congrats!
Stand In Girl chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Beautiful! I loved the interaction with Ben and Dean, and I like the idea of Lisa lying to him (as weird as that sounds). This really pulls at the heartstrings, especially the bit about her not taking it back because she didn't want to dangle the life Dean wanted but couldn't have in front of him-it would have been cruel. And the way you described her building up the lie was so believable and realistic; she'd just said no initially, but then she'd prepared a story for when Dean asked again.

I only have one criticism, and it's a small one. In this phrase: "She had been twenty, her dad had just passed away, and he had been gorgeous..." the "he" is left a little ambiguous. I know it's Dean from context, but I did pause and think... wait, her dad was gorgeous?

But other than that very small grammatical hitch, loved it! Gorgeous emotional piece!
CriesofCapricorn chapter 1 . 10/12/2007

I liked how the lie had built up because that's what it seems like in the show. The first time Dean asked, Lisa's reply was very terse but for the second time she had a story to it. Makes you wonder if it really was a lie or if she just chose to reveal more at the end to put Dean's wondering to rest.

A very good short ficlet! Nice job!