Reviews for Prodigal
amr56 chapter 8 . 6/1
What a wonderful happy ending. I liked this a lot. Jayne's family was interesting. I really liked Mattie and I'm glad he's going to be okay. I wanted him to with them in Serenity at first but you're right, he should be independent. I really liked all the relationships you developed; the metaphor with the life roads was touching too. This was a very rich story and I loved reading it. Thank you for sharing.
texaspenney chapter 8 . 4/23
I still love this series. My favorite of the firefly stories by far. I just wish the tv series and the actually been this
Separate Entity chapter 8 . 4/21
Is this story over? I know it's been a long time, but seeing as you haven’t marked it as complete, I’m keeping my hopes up.
Separate Entity chapter 4 . 4/15
I like Mattie.
I spent a WHOLE DAY reading your fic. Love, love, love them. I so ship River and Jayne, and you do them justice.
ladyowl chapter 8 . 1/27
please come back, this is fantastic...
KraZiiePyrozHavemoreFun chapter 8 . 11/19/2014
I really like this series! ! I hope you update soon, even though it's been some time.
sirensbane chapter 8 . 11/8/2014
Please finish the courtship series! I want to see what happens!
Elenna123 chapter 7 . 9/30/2014
Yay! A LOTR reference!

Yup, there's much emotion, a big fight, and interesting metaphors, and I focus on the LOTR reference :)

Seriously though, I really liked River's metaphor.
lindleya1 chapter 8 . 9/20/2014
Hey hey. I know it's a long shot, given that this hasn't been updated in 6 years, but is there a chance that this might get finished?
Either way, I feel I should review anyway, so I shall: this is fantastic!
Generally, as a rule, I don't like AUs, but there have been a couple of exceptions, and this series of fics has been one of my favourites. If you aren't going to finish it, I will say that it is understandable, but it'll still be a real shame. You've captured the characters brilliantly, especially River, and Jayne. And I liked what you did with Jayne's family, so different than any other fic I've seen on here, they generally go for the short, plump, always-cheerful type woman. And I'm certainly not against that view, but it is certainly nice to have a different image, and have it still work wonderfully.

All in all, a fantastic series, loved every minute of it.
All the best
Adam
yummyjellybean chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Really enjoyed this whole series, interesting take on the characters, really made me watch River and Jayne's interactions the next time I watched Firefly. Well done :)
satansagels9 chapter 1 . 9/12/2014
I read all 4 parts of this series one after another! Couldn't put my phone down and I had a very hard time concentrating at work! Great stories, you really understand all the characters and their habits and personalities! Keep writing!
slayerjule chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
absolutely excellent! Joss would be proud!
MalSer chapter 8 . 8/18/2014
Absolutely one of my favorite firefly fics ever! Thanks for sharin' ya muse with us as can't write good. ;)
all forms of fluff chapter 7 . 8/16/2014
Even the second time though this story is still a great one. There were points in the series that I had tears in my eyes, and others where laughed out loud. It is truly a great story. I wish you did a one shot after this, Maybe with Mattie showing up in some port while River and Jayne are babysitting a few young children. Or better would be Jayne and River's funeral, having died real heroic like, with people thoughout the series saying words on them. I think thats truely how any Jayne and River story should end. Well no matter I have enjoyed this series just as much the second time. Thank you for the story.

PS. turns out your not allowed to post a review on a chapter you have reviewed previously. Who knew.