Reviews for Prodigal
EagleJarl chapter 4 . 1h ago
The schmoop, the schmoop! Agh, it drowns me! Can't stop the d'awwwwww!

Nice to see Mattie getting some screen time and some good treatment; he seems like a good guy. I hope Simon can do something for him.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 2h ago
Hey, she only stabbed him a *little* bit. And it weren't even a stab, more of a slice, really.

Jayne's family seem about right. Solid folk, good hearted but not sure what to make of all this. I hope they come around. It'll probably be hard, since Jayne can't believably tell them even a quarter of the truth about River.

The whole "Reaver ship" thing...yeah, that's going to be a problem.
Spirix chapter 8 . 3/18
Even though it is incomplete, you chose a good place to stop. I look forward to any addition to this hint I have been reading all night (it is now 8am and I have places to be all day, it just may kill me).

Lovely story, definitely worth feeling hung over for.
Rix
Fine Fall chapter 8 . 2/17
This is shiny, is what it is. It, and all the rest of this story, has reminded me what fanfics are for. It's been a wonderful read, and I know there are the very slightest chance this will ever be continued, I have no hope whatsoever, in the sense that it ended on a good note, and would only need continuing if you somehow found it, with a need to write more. I'm not even sure if you've changed your email adress or your still somehow in the community. I see it's been around 6 years since you last updated it. I just want to congratulate you on this masterpiece of a story, and show my gratitude for having the chance to read it. I only saw "Firefly" a week ago, and watched the movie right after the last episode, and found it somewhat lacking. So this was my first firefly fanfic, and it was epic in every way.
I hope everything is well, and things sorted out that made the updates on this far between at the end of its journey. So yeah.. thanks :-)
Idhren chapter 8 . 12/7/2013
This whole series has been me so glowingly happy this last few days during a bad week - thank you for this gift of looking to the heart of things, and well-crafted rhythms in which those insights have been woven. Well done, and beautifully.
Guest chapter 8 . 11/1/2013
I really enjoyed the formal love gift giving scene!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/1/2013
I really, really enjoyed the dream that River had with the life paths. It totally makes sense!
hotforteacher3 chapter 7 . 10/23/2013
What story is that that you reference with the Rangers (or did you just make up some awesome shit for the sake of your even-more-amazing series)? My curiosity is piqued... Also, I highly appreciate that you make no distracting spelling or grammar errors. Being a teacher raised by a "grammar nazi", I find these things irritating. Oh dear, I'm starting to write in Riverspeak, best put down the Ithingy now 8)
Love HfT
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 8 . 8/21/2013
Ehhhhh. Jayne bounces too easily between redemption and casual thug for this to be terribly satisfying as a conclusion. I really like where you've taken the story, but I've never been one for open endings like this. Too many maybes for me.
PuckerUpSmile chapter 8 . 7/4/2013
Ok so I've just started on ur series, at part four...,, will this one be updated anytime soon? Or do u have it finished somewhere else? Love ur style and I'm hoping I don't have to stop at the fourth one!
moriahhh chapter 8 . 6/4/2013
Love this story!
Deleted18 chapter 8 . 5/29/2013
I have enjoyed this series so much! It's wonderful. I hope that you finish it one day.
PrincessVamp chapter 8 . 3/24/2013
Love it! Hope you finish it someday.
USAFChief chapter 8 . 2/25/2013
Since you have not replied to my comments, I must believe that you are either dead, incapacitated or have removed yourself from this fandom. I do hope that neither of the first two have happened to you. Perhaps your husband's visa problems reasserted themselves and you had to move to lower slobbovia where there is no internet.

At any rate, since this is not marked complete, I suspect you had more in mind to post here. But since you did not or could not, it ended in a very good spot. I have enjoyed reading all your stories, and I shall mark this as one of my favorites as I have done for the entire Horseshoe Nail Series. Well done.

If you are alive and reading this, all my best to you. Live well. Hope you found your own stone/turtle.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/7/2012
I read this all today. It's 9pm ET and I started at 6am and read it all stopped only when my phone died to charge it.

I'm new to the Firefly world and found that my heart was wretched by the sad lonely way River watched Kaylee and Simon from above at the end of the BDM.
So curious,an outsider looking in on something her heart tells her she'll never find,desperately envious and so completely alone.
All alone.
All broken.
Unpaired.

That same heart soared at the single word "anchored."

River's childhood and innocence were stolen and all she was left with was a damaged mind that had to be painfully put back together.
No one cut into my brain, but my childhood and innocence were stolen and I was left with a damaged mind that I'm still rebuilding.

I found my stone, my personal anchor that keeps me from flying into bits at the wrong emotion or a seemingly knowing look from a stranger.

Thank you for helping River find hers.