Reviews for The Mistake of Benevolence
Omg please update! It is within me and I feel like openly sobbing! I've never been comfy with romance shape Fics, I dunno why? Even with hermione it just made me feel uncomfortable but this... Woah, I just,.. I loved it! I love all the characters in this but I gotta say my fave is Gabriel, gosh I fell in love with him immeadiantly! So cute and so blunt! And Sirius was Sirius and u wrote him perfectly! Thank you for such an amazing story!
Thechosenbibliophile xx
Bonnie Gaynor chapter 58 . 8/25/2014
Hi,
I really enjoyed reading this fic! Danielle's cool, somehow, and she definitely fits your version of Severus.
I'll be blunt and say at first I thought it was a bit of a cliché, with Dani looking like Lily and Severus staring and stuff, but since I've read your parody before (and that was brilliant!) I continued and now I'm glad I did, 'cause by now the story and its charas have really grown to me! :)
Draco's a prat but he's filled with... life, in the books he sometimes seemed like empty and a bit of a chara only needed to get the plot moving...
Anyway, keep going, very good job! ;)

Bonnie
Angelic Fluffle chapter 58 . 2/2/2014
This is really good, and the characters are well-written and realistic.
However, I'm a little worried about the rating. I would suggest an M rating, not a T rating, for this story. It contains pretty explicit content, a lot of adult speaking, heavy torture and rape, and several other mature elements.
Ravenclaw.Cutie chapter 58 . 1/21/2014
Noooo continue immediately I'm in love with this. It's absolutely amazing. Gahhh.
Kay chapter 58 . 8/26/2012
Hi, I just read chapter over some day. I loved it, your work is just amazing and I hope that you continue someday. It wonderfull piece of work:)
Luke's Queen chapter 58 . 8/10/2012
please continue i really like your story and how dani has matured. i love little Gabriel as well. he is so cute...i can't believe he called snape dad. wonder how thats gonna play out.
StarryEyedReader chapter 58 . 4/12/2012
I don't see why you say that this fic is "a difficult topic" for you on your profile. Your characters, the situations, the descriptions are all fantastic. Perhaps once or twice in the earlier chapters Snape might have stepped out of character a little, but he is such a difficult character to write that very few can get him right. and you have!

And Danielle is just ... awesome. It's sort of eerie how I can identify with her; her feelings and insecurities. especially the time when she tried to become a better person to deserve looking like Lily. I had thought and done the exact things she did. (and perhaps the fact that I have a crush on one of my much older teachers...but perhaps not as intensely as Dani's feelings for Snape.) and when she wonders if she really is cruel and bitchy...she just feels so real! she must be the best OC I've seen so far!

I think the only problem this story had was the amount of typos and spelling errors, or you got the pronouns wrong once or twice. (like saying "she said" when Gabriel was talking or careless stuff like that.) and you just need to read it once over to edit those things.

Dont give up on this story PLEASE! Just edit it a bit (I haven't read your other stories so I dont know your usual standards. but this story has captured my heart...and I'm sure many others...and we are pretty fine with it's standard!) and continue it. I really need to know how it will end. Especially since you have stuck steadfastly and faithfully to canon, I suspect the ending will be heartbreaking; but I'm still hoping that perhaps the ending will be the one event you will allow to divert from canon.

Anyway, I know better than to keep my hopes up, especially after three years of no updates. (And heavens know how many stories I've abandoned...I'm a terrible author really, but an avid (more like addict) reader.) but then again I never claimed to never abandon my stories...I hope you keep true to that promise. ;)
blslynchburg chapter 58 . 10/23/2011
Ok so I've just read through all 61 chapters of this story and I love it so much, it's sad that you haven't written in over 3 years, I hope you'll write more soon because I can't wait to find out how this ends. I look forward to the next chapter
LadyLegolasinlove chapter 27 . 9/13/2011
I really liked this chapter but severus driving a car relly? I mean he's really not that kind of is kind of out of charecter in this fan fic but I absolutley love it any way.
LadyLegolasinlove chapter 6 . 9/4/2011
I loved this chapter.I'm sorry to what happened to you and the shirt write other fan fics like this.I love Severus/student fan fics,Wish there was a community out there like all in all loved it.
ibelle chapter 58 . 7/30/2011
I like it.

The characters are well thought although some times they can seem a bit out of character.

I wish you continued, I thought this was a completed story and it had so many ideas that could've made it one. I think you didn't know where the story was headed, and that's why you stopped. So much potenial.

Also you drabbled On and on and repeated yourself far too often. It was ok that you repeated yourself every now and then bit you did it far too often.

I love Danielle as a character, you made her seem real- maybe because she was flawed I dont know but she was a great character. I wish you continued, like I said- so much potential for a story. Thanks for the read it had some lovely moments like Severus proving he wasn't a coward by kissing her, the lightbulb jokes, her friendship with Draco and discovering why he looked at her like that. Thanks again.
BeMyHeroSeverus chapter 58 . 7/8/2011
Hmmm...i thought I searched under completed stories if so I hope this story isnt over. There is still two years till the end of the war.I hope you continue cuz I like it and wish to know more
bijou chapter 58 . 5/22/2011
I'm not sure how I should begin this review. I have so many things to say but I'm afraid that they'll all come out into a jumbled mess. Well . . .

I like this story. Really, I do. I don't love it but I don't hate it either.

Your writing is, to be blunt, rough in spots, smooth in others. First person is hard to write in so that may be part of the reason - I'm not sure. It's neither the worst writing I’ve seen nor the best.

But, on the other hand, I loved your characterizations. Danielle is flawed. She is rude, selfish, an attention-seeker, and so many other things. She is a great character because, while she has many bad aspects to her, she is also smart and beautiful, among other things. You've added depth to her - something I see in few OC's in this fandom. You've made her ring clear throughout the fic - you've made her seem like a completely real person. I'm conflicted on how I should feel about her which, I think, adds more to the tons of depth already in her. Sometimes I hate her, sometimes I dislike her, and there are sometimes where I like her; which is exactly how I feel about different people in real life in general.

You've portrayed Snape in a fine way, I think. There were some points in the story that I thought wasn’t very IC for him, but for the main part, everything I read was completely and totally in-character. That’s a hard feat, something that I really struggle with, so I admire that in your writing.

I also like the way you’ve made the other characters come across, like Harry and Draco. Well done.

Moving on . . . the relationship between the two of them is dark, there is no denying it. It reminds me of 'Lolita' in a tiny way, considering the age difference. I should be grossed out because of the years between them – and I am – but I feel like they work together in some strange, mystifying way. Though the relationship is very unhealthy, it works. I applaud you in that aspect.

I don’t know what else to say but I’d like to see you continue. The last update this story had was in September of 2008 and I see that you've been writing a lot of one-shots. Perhaps you've gotten better. I hope so. I’d really like to see this work have an update just to see how much you’ve improved. But, seeing as how much time has passed since the last chapter was posted, I doubt that you’ll update again. I’ll alert though, just in case.

I really did enjoy this, honestly. Hopefully you’ll continue on.

xbijjou
sona chapter 58 . 3/9/2011
wud u please update this story? itz real gud!

pls don't put us on a cliff hanger! :)
matt-hardy-lover-101 chapter 58 . 2/5/2011