Reviews for The Difficulties of Avoidance
orzzzzz chapter 18 . 11/28/2012
I like the way you wrote about how Tom thinks of Voldemort...
WillowSeeker chapter 18 . 8/3/2012
Please update. This is one of the best tom and ginny's fic I've read. :)
Winterblume chapter 18 . 7/18/2012
oh, what a fine story I definitely enjoyed reading it. I do especially like how you've written Tom. It's fun to see how he's trying to deal with the situation he's been thrown into. It can't be easy being locked away in a room for half a year. Of course, he would try to find ways to escape. Your idea with the wand and the duel between Tom and Ginny was so much fun to read. Stupid Tom. Once again his arrogance was his downfall. Just like Voldemort in goblet of fire. No talking, more avadas ;) the chapters following that duel were kinda sweet. It was nice to see Tom's vulnerable side and how cranky he was.
I wonder if Ginny can manage to talk some sense into Tom. At least in this chapter she already tried, but that didn't work out at all.

I have to admit I have a problem with Harper, though. He kinda seems to be a plot device to make it more difficult for Ginny and Luna to reach the room of requirement. I don't know what you've planned for him, I would actually love to see him helping Ginny and Luna. actually, in this chapter, I thought Harper's idea of going to mcgonagall and tell her was a rather sensible thing.
That's another thing I don't really understand. Why are Ginny and Luna keeping Tom's existence a secret? He is obviously very dangerous, and Ginny and Luna seem to be quite overchallenged with their task. Why not tell the order? Tom's very intelligent, I can already see him using that lack of communication for his own plans. It was the same with the wandlore book and Ginny not telling Luna about it. Tom used that and he nearly escaped because of it.

nagging aside, I really love your story. I'm looking forward to the next chapters. and more Tom and Ginny interaction ;)

cheers, WB
vluz chapter 2 . 7/17/2012
Last time I read this story it was about 3-4 years ago. So I had to reread it. Wow. You really did a great job in keeping both Tom and Ginny in character and let them interact in a rather believable way. I especially liked the little conversation they have in the latest chapter. It would be great to see it from Tom's POV.
ms Masen chapter 18 . 7/14/2012
best, best, best chapter so far :D cannot wait for more!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/3/2012
Please continue! I'm dying without this story lol!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/2/2012
Great story so far!
akeginu chapter 17 . 6/26/2012
Ah, so that's how he got the wand! That actually makes a lot of sense, and it makes it all the funnier how he kept asking for her wand when he didn't need it. It's rather chilling that he planned to kill Ginny for her wand allegiance, but it answers some questions about why Tom wanted the wandlore book. I was expecting Luna to be angry about the book, but it figures that she would've known all along! It makes me wonder why Tom led Ginny to think Luna would know what he wanted the book for. I guess he didn't want them talking about it? Or he wanted to drive a wedge between them? Or maybe even his motives were similar to Ginny's, and he was trying to build up that secretive comradarie.

It's sweet how protective Ginny is of Luna around him. Despite being a homicidal jerk though, I feel bad for Tom, being left without food or healing for days at a time. It's really no wonder he got an infection. It was interesting to me for Tom to teach Ginny the healing spells, actually, because they seem like the last sort of spells young Voldemort would think were important. Who knows, though, maybe he just learned them so he could undo whatever horrible tortures he inflicts on people and evade the notice of teachers. The healing spells, and then the potion-drinking later was all very intimate, but this Tom is much more volatile than the one we'd been seeing prior to the fight. (And that's saying something...)

I liked seeing how Ginny came to terms with Tom's betrayal - the whole 'I can appreciate aspects of his company whether I have his permission or not' thing is just so stubborn and in-character. She vacillates between brave healer-warden and treating an injured, unarmed Riddle like you would a cornered rattlesnake. Heh, maybe she's more like a vet :P

I also thought it was neat the way Ginny noticed the parallels between her rebuffing of Harper's help and Tom's rebuffing of hers. I don't think they're at much risk of being friends anytime soon, but I can really see Ginny starting to identify with him more despite herself.

As for the potions thing... I don't mind the Room of Requirement stealing potions from elsewhere in the castle, that makes sense. But, it actually makes me wonder why they have to bring him food, then, if they could just have the Room take it from the kitchens or the Great Hall? I know they'd probably need to check on him anyway, but it would let them skip sneaking to the kitchens and back as a part of their escapades. Maybe they just hadn't realized they could do it before, or the Room is continuing to regain more of its abilities.

It's great to see you getting out these chapters so quick and knowing you're inspired :) Sorry for being a little late reviewing!
Elma Trisara chapter 17 . 6/23/2012
I really like that chapter. Poor Tom. Infected bone.
positivelysmashing chapter 11 . 6/22/2012
I am astounded at myself for never reading this story up until now. I love the characters of Tom Riddle and Ginny Weasley so I'm berating myself for looking this story over here on FFnet. I can say, without a doubt, that your story (The Difficulties of Avoidance), Intricacy's "Final Riddles", and Cassandra Clare's "Draco Trilogy" are hands down the BEST Tom/Ginny stories I've come across in all my years of reading fanfiction; I love each of them for very, very different reasons.

What distinguishes yours from the others is how convincingly canon-esque Ginny acts towards Tom Riddle. It's exactly how I'd realistically imagined Ginny to react if she had chanced upon Tom Riddle once more after her "incident" with him during her first year at Hogwarts. Actually, I think, your depiction of Ginny with regards to Tom Riddle might be the BEST I've yet read. Lots of stories are quick to either pair them up in either friendship and/or romance. Yours is truly a breath of fresh air as I'm on the 11th chapter and still Ginny hasn't come around to seeing Tom Riddle as some 'poor, damaged soul' who has the capability of turning himself into an upstanding citizen of the wizarding world with the proper amount of love and devotion. You have no idea how refreshing this is to read thus far. With that being said, I think you've established the fact that now, there's not many options left BUT for Ginny to interact with Tom Riddle more...and I like that. You've written it so that Ginny can either keep harboring fear and nursing her hatred for this boy that ruined her childhood or she can grow from the circumstances which she's in. Again, I've found myself growing increasingly puzzled in some other fanfics when it's depicted as Ginny slowly realizing there's no option for her other than to befriend her enemy, when, in reality, it's evident to the reader that there are many other alternatives she could take if she regretted taking that one. You manage to do a really well job of that, making it a question of pride for Ginny. She can't say "No" to Dumbledore because all she's really wanted was to become part of the Order. Furthermore, it would only add to her surmounting insecurity of herself as a weak person if she chose not to supervise Riddle. Then there's the whole girlfriend-of-The-Chosen-One thing to consider. It wouldn't do for the girlfriend of the Boy Who Lived, sister of The Chosen One's best friend, and daughter and sister of family full of Order members to shirk away from this unfortunate responsibility.

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this story! This story should have many more reviews and readers. It's a shame. :( Do you have an Archive of Our Own account? You could also put your fic up there, solely for the fact to get the word out there about it. :]
Trelaney chapter 17 . 6/22/2012
That was epic.
positivelysmashing chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
strong LOVE this story already! /strong
ms Masen chapter 17 . 6/22/2012
i preferred your version, ie the room supplying the potions. it is the room of req. after all :P can't wait for more! finally seeing some real feelings from ginny in this chapter :D
Elma Trisara chapter 16 . 6/20/2012
Oh dear. Oh dear, how horrid. What Tom gonna do now?
Hayden Avery chapter 16 . 6/19/2012
Amazing chapter, stunningly well written, please update ASAP!
94 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »