Reviews for Dark Soul
Ice Night chapter 5 . 10/12/2014
I love this and I hope you update this and I hope you haven't abandoned this lovely story
Indecisive Bob chapter 5 . 10/3/2014
Excellent story so far! This is the first story I've read from Gaara's point of view, and it's certainly interesting. The power that your Gaara casually wields is... awe inspiring. I hope that at some point, you will come back and finish this story.
Elise chapter 5 . 3/7/2014
Amazing, thrilling, great, very well written, unique, fantastic, original, awesome story. Please continue. I really like it.
vmiller chapter 5 . 2/11/2014
Any chance SG-1's gonna make an appearance in this fic?
I like the story its good.
97chaoscat chapter 5 . 9/7/2013
I love this! I think it's my favorite charecterization of Gaara that I've ever read including canon. Thank You for writing this, please update soon : )
Marikalay chapter 5 . 2/18/2012
It's a shame that you've never gotten around to finishing this one. It really captured my attention and I'm dying to read more.
Elaine du Lac chapter 3 . 8/28/2011
I totally lovelovelove the idea of Naruto contributing blood to power up Gaara's sand (and Gaara nearly orgasming from it!) and the extra properties of Naruto's chakra that allowed Gaara to feel more than the earth. It's my number one favorite Gaara/Naruto interaction scene from now on and so far, regardless of slash or just friendship categories.
DemonKittyAngel chapter 5 . 6/30/2011
Have I ever mentioned I love this fic? Well, I do. I know I've read it before but I just went through and was sorely disapointed in myself to find I hadn't reveiwed yet.

I don't like to go on and on praising things so I'll just say I like how you write Gaara, Naruto is a nice play on the 'mask' idea, and it's really nice to see how you carry the story with so little. It doesn't feel like it's ever a stand still even thought in retrospect, it easily is.

What does often catch me in this is that it's in the crossover section and besides the little side stop where he kills Hathor (I'm presuming) I don't see much happening. If this is just a start to some other crossover event that's coming up upon Naruto's escape or something I get it, but it does feel slightly out of place where it is. But I'm totally happy it's here 'cause I'd prob never find this superb writing amidst the huge scores of Naruto fanfiction.

You DO plan to come back to this, don't you? It's a really great story and you can't just leave poor Naruto captured! Gaara still has to kill him! (Sorry, that's a serious promise my friends and I have in rl. It's like you're not allowed to die unless I'm the one there to do it in the end.)

Oh, and Temari hasn't gotten all those decorative fans for her birthday. Those HAVE to be given.
Deadzepplin chapter 4 . 6/16/2011
You are a moron honestly this is NOT a crossover
The Queen of Confusion chapter 5 . 12/7/2010
Great story! Hope to see more soon!

SARAH
CraZybeyeZ chapter 5 . 12/4/2010
this is a really great story probabily the best beggining for a story about gaara yet plz dont discontinue it
SergeantMeow chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Gah! Hate it when I come across a fic with this much potential, only to see that the author hasn't updated in forever. Ah well. That won't keep me from leaving you a review!

There's just...so many great aspects of this fic. I'm not sure where to start. I guess what I love most is how you've essentially created something entirely unique with the Gaara transportation plot device. I have never before seen in any other fic a method that allows the character to seamlessly transition from one world to another like you've done here, and it works in this case precisely because of Gaara's solemn and accepting nature. It's not a big deal to him, so it's not a big deal to us. Once you get past that hurdle of acceptance, it becomes an absolutely fascinating endeavor to see how a being from another world's presence can affect the people around him. I've fallen in love with this whole mythos of a sand demon/god that is forming around Gaara, especially when put into context how out of place his abilities are to these new peoples. I absolutely adore fics that do things like that, because I really empathize with the sense of awe that the civilians display when faced with feats and abilities that defy all known reason of their normal, every day lives. That's why we watch anime, fantasy, and science fiction, after all, to witness the abnormal or uncanny in a normal setting. I'd love to see how the legend of Gaara continues to grow and affects the way people live their lives from thereon out, with the notion that the supernatural is very real.

And that's not even touching on this latest development with Orochimaru and Naruto's capture. I have to admit, the fanboy in me was really admiring the interactions between Gaara and Naruto. That sense of understanding and empathy that Gaara has for Naruto's pain is so...so...well, I could easily see it as being romantic were it coming from anyone who wasn't Gaara. And Naruto very clearly needs a presence like that in his life.

I really am sad that this hasn't been updated in almost two and a half years, but I can understand how plots can get away from you or become uninteresting as time passes. I'm well aware that the likelihood of an update decreases inversely as time increases, but I'm still crossing my fingers that someday, maybe far in the future, there will be more to this tale. For what it's worth, though, thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

Cheers.
Deritine chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
Oooh... reading older fics is bad for the health! Just getting into it and you leave off. I do like the style of writing on this one. Sort of disconnected and meditative almost. And the idea that Gaara can travel wherever there is sand is super cool. Wish that there was a bit more cross going on with action, blowing things up and Go'auld, but one can't have everything in life... :)
e313 chapter 5 . 11/21/2010
i just found this story today and had a wonderful afternoon reading it. i love how u write Gaara! and i love the desert in this story, the imagery, the concept of the sands of all the worlds connected and that all of them recognize Gaara and Gaara's travels from world to world! i'm angry at the Konoha u've painted; i had a distinct urge to smash the head of all council members and then kick Naruto on the shin for giving in to them *sigh* i want him to stay with Gaara, get better, get to travel with him from universe to universe... please don't leave the story? not where u've stopped.
Kyba chapter 5 . 9/21/2010
I just randomly came across this fic and am so glad I stopped to read it. You have humanized Gaara in a way that amazes me. You've given him emotions in a way that perfectly suits his characterization and given all of the characters depth that somehow makes them more than the one dimensional figures that the anime sometimes betrays them to be. All in all I'm extremely impressed by this. Thank you for writing.