Reviews for Beyond
Diogenes chapter 32 . 10/29/2007
The Occlumency lesson with Snape was highly amusing and a nice combination of using what he's learnt from the two Mind Arts. The image of Snape prancing about yelling 'sweets' could be good viewing material for the Great Hall (after everyone's eaten).

It's a very weird segue between Harry falling asleep again with Pansy and then jumping to some other night were he ends up meeting Ginny in the common room. It's a 'What the?' kind of may wish to redress it.

It was also good to see Harry reject Ginny's advances somewhat firmly, though I do think he should have said he loves her like a sister/daughter/friend to define his feelings a bit more...

You also need to fix up Harry's "That you" to "Thank you".

Please, please, please tell me you are not going to have some stupid ending involving Pansy's death and Harry ending up married to Ginny...have Ginny die a horrible and violent death...set her up with Neville if you must...have her go through the Veil instead of Sirius...anything but a Harry/Ginny relationship...did I mention a horrible and violent death?

My total disgust for the Harry/Ginny pairing aside; I really do hope that last part of the chapter wasn't just so you can do an alternate ending with Harry marrying another girl (who isn't Ginny! I could write you a list of better ones if you'd like...) - there should be a valid reason for Pansy bringing up something like she's still at a very young age and certain that her death is imminent...otherwise I don't see a need for that sort of discussion...

Well, that's enough ranting from me I should think...I enjoyed the first part, but the rest I reserve judgement on. If you wrote it for a good reason (ie not for an alternate ending) then I don't mind it so much, otherwise I think it's fairly pointless. Sorry if that comes across a bit harsh...
Diogenes chapter 31 . 10/28/2007
Well, I was wondering if you were going to do some adoption thing with Libra and nearly mentioned it in my last review...seems that you are, and I'll be curious to see just what sort of adoption you do...(is this the reason it was important she didn't kill Lucius?)

It was a much better twist on the whole DA traitor thing than using the way it was done in the book or movie. So kudos for deciding to go with something different and quite frankly better idea.

I'm a bit curious as well how you're going to deal with the Snape Occlumency business. Previously you had Libra say she couldn't teach him any I'd have expected Harry to be able to block his thoughts by it just a matter of him being lazy and not keeping his barriers in place? Surely he's had enough reminders by now to do it sub-consciously? Regardless, I hope to see something different than what went on in canon if you do have Snape give him lessons...

Hm, that's about it for now. I look forward to seeing where the story goes from here.
Diogenes chapter 28 . 10/28/2007
An odd few chapters really. I do like the continued interaction between Harry and Libra - they've probably been my favourite parts of recent times.

It was also nice to see you heal Alice and Frank, though I'm still a little unsure exactly what it was you did to heal them...a bit more detail would have been good...why did it require both Harry and Libra? I can't believe it was as simple as a bit of Legilimency or someone would have already done it...

I hope we get to find out why Gabrielle has a crush on Malfoy soon...I won't even hazard a guess...

Oh, by the way, I have and do visit your forums, but I can't post anything since I'm not a registered member of
Diogenes chapter 25 . 10/28/2007
You might have mentioned them somewhere before, but what are you using as Harry and Pansy's Patroni? Have they changed at all since they married each other?

The Quidditch match wasn't as well written as last time, and I don't really know what purpose it had this time except as a bit of filler...especially as there was no mention of having the Team sanctioned by Umbridge in between, which I thought was a bit odd...

I like the addition of the DA having some spies in the enemy ranks. Should add some interesting possibilities later on.
Diogenes chapter 23 . 10/28/2007
Not much to say about this chapter, it was relatively standard stuff; but the previous one was very good. The bit between Harry, Libra, and eventually Pansy was quite amusing; also a nice use of innuendo.

Your mention of acting out a memory with this ancient magic is interesting - is it possible to create a fake memory to act out?
Fibinaci chapter 31 . 10/28/2007
Ok so about this time Voldy would try getting ito Harry's head to draw him to the Dept. O Mysteries. But with his training how will that play out if at all? Poor Ginny. Who changed the name? I cant wait for a battle royal DA vs. IS.
horsinaround94 chapter 31 . 10/28/2007
The last few chapters were really good. I was a little confused about the polyjuice potion at first, but then I got it. As I said before it was great!
Fibinaci chapter 30 . 10/28/2007
Damn Polyjuice again why does the ministry let ppl put it in books its totally foolproof. I would like two Hannahs as well. I say just lay the smackdown and let God sort his own out, but Harry is too noble for that but Pansy I hope will represent.
Fibinaci chapter 29 . 10/27/2007
More Libra/Harry cuteness(if anything happens to her Ill scream in exchange please feel free to off/traumatize either of the Granger twins or any Weasley) Pansy getting to the root of the Gabby issue. How did they get Ginny out of the wall?
horsinaround94 chapter 28 . 10/27/2007
I still love your book, but Gabrielle in love with Malfoy? *shudders*
Fibinaci chapter 28 . 10/27/2007
Yes! Put Pansy on the case! As a girl with first hand knowledge of Draco's vileness she would certainly stomp this crush down. Loved Libra and Harry, our new "Team Supreme", fixing Nev's folks something I was always amazed wasn't done in the books(it is after all Magic). And now the kids can have more competent adults around to help out(which there is adearth of).
Chloe Osborne chapter 27 . 10/27/2007
I love it! Your "fit of insanity" made it funny!
Fibinaci chapter 27 . 10/27/2007
Aw Harry and Libra are so sweet together. She moves to the daughtert column in his self-made fam. And I hope last chapter ends Gabby's crush on the ferret and gets her a new patronus(maybe a weasel,mongoose, or ermine). yay and now Neville who should become more important(I hope). Also this has to be the fifth narrator you've gone thru, I'd hate for you to get a reputation.
Chloe Osborne chapter 26 . 10/26/2007
Please update ASAP because I'm at my dad's and have nothign to do! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Chloe Osborne chapter 26 . 10/26/2007
I love your story! keep writing and don't stop! I've never thought about a Harry/Pansy relationship. I like it much more than I thought I would.
90 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »