Reviews for Commas and Ampersands
rainpaint chapter 1 . 3/17
So good. *shakes head* That's all. So, so good.
Hellno chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
This is very well written, it's a shame you wasted your talents on writing about a total creep like Jess Mariano.

During the series Rory firmly rejected him four times, they never had any future together
sagittarian07 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Brilliant! This is absolutely beautiful. Thanks forwriting this. Absolutely beautiful!
ChasingYou chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Hi!

Your story was absolutely beautiful. You really potraited Rory very well. It was almost like you were inside her head when you wrote this.

It is so cute that Rory is so nervous on the bus ride home because she wants to share what she is reading with Jess. I thought it was so cute and it really shows their connection. Rory and Jess have some many things in common, but are still very different from one and another. And I think you did a really good job in showing this connection but still acknowledge their differences.

So I applaud you for your amazing story.

And The Clash or On the Road could never be lame ;)
Iscah McKrae chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Phenomenal. You've captured in words the captivation. You've woven such pure poetry here, I can hardly breathe.

Please, I beg you, write a future fic, after Rory walks out of the door of Truncheon...after she hits the campaign trail...after everything that it must come after...their love story...when the time is finally right, and time stands still, and the novelist and journalist at last write the end and the beginning of their story. Please. You could do it justice. I only wish I could.
Rae Montgomery chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
This was breathtaking. Ive never felt so much emotion from reading a fic, but I felt as though I was experiencing this first hand. This was beautiful, heartbreaking, lovely, sad, joyful, and just about every other emotion there is. This is just so real. I really cant find enough words to tell you how much I love this, every part of it. You are amazing! :)
sans nom chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Amazing. Seriously, it's sad this is the only GG you've done. It's easily one the best out there.

Brackets: Loved it. Always thought Jess was the cleverest out of the three. He could generally keep up with all those Gilmore-isms.

Backslash: The Jess-Dean comparison was spot-on. Hee. It reminded me of Jess and Rory's conversation on the sleigh in season 2.

OMG, Comma made me cry because it was so Rory-Jess it chould've been canon. The way she rambles about prose and he laughs but borrows it anyway. And of course Question Mark and Period were my favorite parts. Wow.
daughtersofthesun chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
THIS IS WONDERFUL.

I'd love it if you'd carry on with it, see where it ends up.

But if not, it's still one of the best Litfics I've read in a while.
Roberta Sparrow chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Made me cry. I want a relationship like this one. Lit is just... amazing.
Capt. Cow chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Wow, this story was just the perfect perfect recreation of the ir relationship! And for some reason I had imagined that it would go AU, and they would go off and get married...The ending was so sad! Perfectly done, but so sad!

Awesome fic.
lets.dance.shall.we chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
I love this. The last line made me cry.
some blue december chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
First, awesome title. I love that song (hence my username)and it's so cool to see it used in something other than a LoVe fic. Actually, it's just cool to see it used at all, and it's probably the reason I clicked to read the fic.

Anyway, on with the review ...

It’s the really bad TV that trips him up (he isn’t one to staying up till all hours of the night to catch reruns of “The Brady Bunch Variety Hour”), but that’s all right. Nobody’s perfect. - This made me lol. Even without the bit in brackets, it still sounds like she's making fun of him but in their teasing way. "Aw, poor Jess can't keep up with talk of really bad TV." Lol, that isn't at all intelligent, but hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

... she would believe that the notes in the margins of a book, a kiss at a wedding, an afternoon on the bridge with a basket in between, an apple appearing from thin air, a record store in New York, and a sprinkler system were all conspiring against her and adding up to something like fate. - I do love that. All the little things that would stick out to her would have to add up to something, and I love that - to Rory - it adds up to fate.

He growls, then kisses her to shut her up ... - Just wow. I have nothing intelligent to say about that, just squeeing.

But when he says her name, she is. - I've always like the way Jess says her name, too.

She pores over every single page, flipping through slowly, sure she’s missing something. - I love that this gives the impression that Rory goes over every book Jess has taken just to read his notes. Like, not just glances through the books to check out what he has to say, but really goes through and takes in everything he's said about anything, knowing that what he writes matters.

Most of the time she’s convinced that the scowling, brooding young man thing is all an act - Ah the bad boy act, lol. I love that she thinks that and can totally see her teasing him about it.

Number twenty-six reads, Professional snowmen builders. - LOVE IT!

that’s one hundred and twenty-eight things he thinks are lame. She isn’t surprised. - Neither am I, lol. It's very ... Jess.

But she catches her breath at the fifth page. Things That Aren’t Lame: 1. Books 2. Words 3. Kerouac 4. Pie 5. The Clash 6. Rory - I love all of that, including the fact the he added pie in there.

'Commas' and 'Ellipses' were both fantastic. They really gave off a kinda sweet feel to their relationship. They were really nice to read. All in all this was a great fic. Very well done and definitely spot-on with characterisation. I think you managed to cover every emotion with the one fic and that's always a good thing, I think. Great job, I really, really liked it.
Hpluvr7 chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
i already told u that i loved it on the other site (black, white and read). and i still love it. keep up the good work.
Agent of the Apothecary chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Beautiful and original and scarily heart-breaking.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
This was unique and fantastic. Very bittersweet. Great, great job.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »