Reviews for Tales from a Campfire
AGCourtney chapter 6 . 11/30/2009
Crap, I haven't gotten this far in the game. Oh well, I should have checked for spoilers first. xD'

A lovely fic altogether, although the angst made me sad at the end. But it was a lot of fun to read and definitely on my favorites. 33
AGCourtney chapter 2 . 11/29/2009
Haha, I'm actually reading this while avoiding writing a lab on color spectra.

I like this a lot; I can really see the characters acting as you write them. 3
Pellaaearien chapter 6 . 10/19/2008
Oh... my... goodness...

That was a very beautiful thing I just read. I wish I could describe everything that your ending evoked in me, but I can't. All I can say is that it was gorgeous and contained everything I love about Balthier and you kept him in character absolutely wonderfully (though those clinical terms are clearly inadequate).

Thank-you for writing this.
swordofblackroses chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
E! _ Balthier's smexellent! I love how you got their personalities just right! I've read many stories where the personalities just don't fit the characters at all O.o
Story Weaver1 chapter 6 . 3/21/2008
Did you take any artistic liscence with the story this time? Cause in every version I've read, Persphone didn't like being in the underworld.

Well anyway, Balthiers's goads at Basch were very funny. He does indeed make it easy. But it seems Balthier is just as chilavrious, albeit in his own way, as Basch himself is. Gentleman pirate you could say.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 6 . 3/20/2008
Alas, angst or no, Balthier's story (which was another gorgeous, albeit more romantic take on Vaan's gods ;)) helped lighten the sad reality of his and Ashe's relationship (and yes, the 'maybe in my mind' idea that thwarts reality did give me hope!)...

(Moreso, you've got me all excited, jumping, and ready to read/review the future fic-projects that you speak of! :D)

All in all, the entirety of this fic was a joy to read, what with the splendidly interpreted range of fics, as told by the characters that they possess an underlying parallel with, and the interactions shared between the characters in-between and after the tales. :)

(I still think that Fran would be all for casting one mean sleep spell on Vaan, though... XD)
SharperImage chapter 6 . 3/20/2008

oh my gosh, that was wonderful. it may have been a sadder ending to the story, but i agree with the characters of this. i dont think anything else would have been apropriate for ashe and balthier, due to their positions. and this time i could unabsorb myself from this wonderful mythological story to see how it relates, im sorry the story inside the story is so good i forget to connect them, and only because i suck at that nothing to do with you, except that your story is soo fantastic. If its all right i'm going to assimilate your story as a almost fact for my version of FFXII now! its the perfect drama you have here, one i can't write, but thats somthing else XD I was curious where you would put this chapter in the story. it fits that it was after Reddas' death, when they were all feeing so angsty. *sighs* I WANT TO WRITE LIKE YOU!

hehe, oh yes, only minor errors some spacing and a couple misspells or repeating words in the middle but thats all well the stragnest would be in the story

'Nothing grows and the people die. you of all people should know this' if I were you i would have said god rather than people, it doesnt sound the greatest together for me, but anyways. WRite somthing more! or somthing else about these guys! your too good to stop FFXII writing now!

XD have fun
Feeny chapter 6 . 3/20/2008
OH god's the angst (

It's heart breaking.

This chapter was great. I loved the Balthier and Ashe chemistry. I loved Basch and him being all knighty projective of Ashe. And I lvoe how you made him all parent like on Vaan and Penelo (I love the Father!Son/Daugther bond between Basch and "The chidren")

(I'm not sure if I should get Uncharted or not. from the comercials the shooting style looks simmilar to Time Crisis (Without the timer) whcih I failed at. I loved Naugthy Dog's previuos game series; Jak and Daxter and I want to know how simmialr the gamepaly of Uncharted it to that.

And I second the motion. FFXI where are you?)
BruHaeven chapter 5 . 3/1/2008
Well, this is the first XII fic I've ever read, mainly cuz I haven't beaten the game yet O.o;; and it's a pretty awesome fic to start with XD

I love love love this, especially the chemistry b/w Ashe and Balthier...although I always thought I'd be a FranXBalthier shipper... funny how things turn out, nyeh?

Can't wait for the next update!
Story Weaver1 chapter 5 . 3/1/2008
A lot more shipping this time around. And Ashe seems more...desperate, I'd say. For affection, enough to swallow pride for class differences and long for it from an obnxious Sky Pirate. Who seems to be holding back, perhaps he doesn;t want to take advantage of a Ashe whose, sort of, on the rebound.
Rehime chapter 5 . 3/1/2008
Ah, what a wonderful story - chilling and far away sounding, much like where they were. And yeah, okay, the Balthier Ashe was very well done. I liked the tension and the arguing.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 5 . 2/29/2008
Ah, who doesn't love quality Bal/Ashe arguments, angst, and reconciliation? ;)

The bits on Ashe 'chasing ghosts' and her thoughts of Rasler (especially when bringing her consideration of Balthier -and her own comparison of her past innocence to Penelo's- into the mix!) were well-presented before and after Fran's story (now in my shelf of new, favourite fairy-tales that I've been introduced to in this fic :D).

Still, I can't help but say that I felt very held-out on after reading about the kiss! I mean, you probably have ulterior motives and ideas that will come to satiate those of us leaning for Bal/Ashe-ness here, yet, as a supporter of said pairing and one of many who has become utterly awed by your writing talent, but I do ever-crave some more closure on their realization that they actually might be in love with one another!

But I bet I'm already asking for too much. :P
Feeny chapter 5 . 2/29/2008
I melted at the AsheXBalthier *sniff*

Can't wait till Balthier story.

(It's going to be a parelel of him and Ashe isn't it?)

Fran's story was bice too, it does seem to fit her, though I've never heard that fairy tale.

I wan't to paly Revenant Wings, though the chances of my getting a DS is nill, I'm lucky I got a PSP..which I kinda...don't play ehehehheh ;

Well looking forward to the next chapter, and sicknees sucks
SharperImage chapter 5 . 2/29/2008
Wow. if theres one simplistic sigular word that can describe a motif of a wonderful story, it's would be wow.

Very, very good, amazingly so, I loved this quite a lot, I was quite intersted that you picked Fran's story as Rhiannon's tale, how it relates to how Ashe and Balthier feel for each other. Everything.

the dynaics that you set into play here are wonderfully thought out, and the picture in my mind never seemed to stop painting a colorful and beatiful picture.

This really i think just got me into Balthier/Ashe now. the depth you put to their feelings, is great without them going overboard likea lot of stories seem to do. It really gets me thinking and makes me wish so bad to be so thorough in detail as you. This is superb. if your next chapter with Balthier is like this, i think I will most surely die! to wonder what the leading man would tell. this probably wouldn't go well with what you have planned but here's tsomthing it thonk would be sort of funny to see.

Balthier just tells some random story,( not really,) narrates it fancily, of course. But his story seems to have no relevance whatsoever with what the characters would think, well Balthier knows but no one else besides Fran, and ashe verging on discovery would really know and even for ashe it would be uncertain.

well that aside what ever you write i will click the page and gobble up every single last juicy tidbit i can find.

YOu got me hooked with the suspense and drama, now i want to see somthing far far greater.

-I hate carma
Fade to Blue chapter 5 . 2/29/2008
NIce past two chapters. Sory I didn't review last chapter. I kind of liked this story, although it didn't move my romantic heart as much as most fairy tales do. I can't wait to hear Balthier's tale... Update soon, please.