Reviews for Reign of Chaos
Altum chapter 2 . 11/28/2007
Very well crafted, I must say. Another original character, but it didn't feel out of place. I really like Talden, the whole flawed hero approach is something I like to see. He's got some depth and I hope you don't kill him off at any point in the near future.

I didn't really pick up on any grammatical issues, but I think there was a typo in the second paragraph. I think it said "like" instead of "likely." I'm not sure if it was actually a typo or not, though.

Either way, I like the pace of the story, revolving around the battles before the actual prologue scenario of the game. Interesting that you made Grom Hellscream surrender, I would've assumed that he was beat into submission seeing as stubborn as he is, but I guess he assumed that Thrall and company wouldn't be far beyond to find him. Better to live and fight again, eh?

Like I said, well paced and well constructed. A million times better than your Final Fantasy VI story. Seems like this whole gritty, high-fantasy setting of Warcraft is right up your alley. Can't wait to read more.
theskipper chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Very nicely written, the story here seems intriguing. I take it there is some form of lich prowling the woods, perhaps seeking an alliance of some kind with Hellscream?

Well, the characters were realistic, though not especially unique. Since Thaelin didn't survive (or maybe he'll return minus his free will and the majority of his body mass?), I take it the "boy" is supposed to bring news of this incident to the rest of the troupe. It's certainly an interesting story line you've started, though I do hope you introduce more characters, whether original or canon.

Your descriptions were as near as I could make out to impeccable, neither so long as to distract the reader yet still sufficient to more than amply convey the physical situation to the reader.

The third paragraph definitely stood out. If you continue writing like this, being really inside the mind of your character, this will definitely develop into a story worth remembering.
Altum chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Well, that was definitely interesting. I like how, despite the fact that this was completely and utterly dealing with new characters, I found that I generally knew what was going on and it ties in well with the game's actual prologue. Good job with that.

However, that being said, I found it hard to actually get used to the characters. Perhaps because it was such a short and to the point scenario I couldn't get used to them, but who knows. I don't think that's an error on your part, but probably on my attention span in general, heh.

Details and such were pretty good, and it seems that it flowed better for you than most stuff has been for me lately. It wasn't as fragmented, which makes me happy. Best work by you I've read so far, and I'm eager to see what's next, though I am somewhat confused by where this left us off at.

An undead mage of some sort, maybe? Not sure, the freezing and the rot is typical of Warcraft's undead, but their appearance now wasn't expected.

Again, I'm ready to see more.