Reviews for Small Problems
Stargazer chapter 10 . 6/18
No matter how many times I come and go from the Transformers fandom, inevitably I always will come back to this fic and its sequels. It's like the reading equivalent of warm hot chocolate on a cold winter's day, with the writing especially being strong in establishing such a cozy atmosphere while still establishing the very high stakes in the whole situation.

I really enjoyed the new chapters and felt they gave a little more depth to Crystal's sadness over metaphorically losing her small friends. And the bonus Decepticon chapter was a treat from start to finish with everyone being gloriously in character!

It's a shame you decided not to publish these as books as I would've loved to re-read the heck out of a paperback version of this story but I completely understand the reasoning for not doing so. Thanks again for writing such a compelling and wonderful story that's held up amazingly since I first read it in 2008.
TheRedScreech chapter 1 . 5/27
Well, Ghost of the Dawn, I'm re-reading this because it's so awesome, and I feel like that one dinky review at the end of ten epic chapters just isn't enough. :)

Anyway, can I congratulate you on how long your chapters are? You could have left this first chapter hanging anywhere and it would have still been spectacular, but I've noticed there aren't that many cliffhangers - for which I am very grateful because I have a love-hate relationship with them. You wrap everything up nicely while still prepping the reader for the next chapter.

You established so many characters in this chapter and I love it! I never watched the 80s cartoon and the 2007 movie was my first introduction to Transformers (eek!), but I am really loving how easy it is to pick everyone out, despite being unfamiliar with most of them in a canon-based setting (i.e. Grimlock, Prowl, etc.). Most of these I only know through fanfiction, and you seem to do them justice from what I've read from other authors. :)

I am also loving Crystal. She's such a go-getter, panicking only when the job is done (she made it back home and gave the 'Bots a wash and established a rough plan).

Anyway, this is such an amazing start for this story! Well done!
TheRedScreech chapter 10 . 5/26
Oh my gosh. It is almost two in the morning and I don't care because this was a ride from start to finish, and I LOVED IT SO MUCH! I adored Grimlock, Jazz and Prowl bonding with Crys! I am curious about the chimes, though, and why Optimus kept them. What was written there?

And that. ADORABLE. scene! That one at the end with Prowl and Crys - gah! I half-expected him to do something like that back when Crys asked him if he was real. That ending was just the icing on the cake!

Thank you so much for writing! This is an instant favourite!
Owiko7 chapter 10 . 3/2
I read this one, I believe in 2014. And it was just as exciting reading it again now, especially with the bonus chapters. From my read through, I noticed a few typos and errors, but nothing too awful or bad. On the second read through, I picked up on little bits of foreshadowing that are particularly enticing!
DMA chapter 10 . 2/20
I was so pleasantly surprised when I came here to retread this to find you had updated it! 3 looking forward to the next books!
Storylady35 chapter 10 . 12/29/2017
This story was like a trip down memory lane. So many adventrues and laughs... I loved it both then and now. While reading this I kept getting flashbacks to what I was doing when I frist read it and... I couldn't stop smiling.
The new chapters were amazing, thank you. I had a really stressful day today, getting into a car accident on black ice. I wasn't hurt but I was stuck outside in the freezing cold for 3 hours. I couldn't listen to my radio or music as it would drain my battery too much but I could load up Small Problems and, in a moment when I thought I was going to collaspe in fear and shock, this calmed me down. Thank you Ghost for reminding me what an amazing writer you are.
AGeneralCrazy11919 chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Just reading the new Author's Note that you added brought me to tears with my excitement. This series is, to this day, my absolute favorite Fanfiction. It is the one that I boast about nonstop, attempt to get my comrades to read, and reread whenever I get the chance. This will have been my third time reading this specific series, and I promise that I am not a reader, so that's quite impressive for me. If I could purchase this in book form so that I could have a hardcopy that I know for a fact will never disappear, I one hundred percent would. I know for a fact that I have expressed that to you before. This is also the main story that sparked my need and desire to write as well as I currently can and continue to get better, as well as my love of Soundwave, Prowl, Jazz, and the Stunticons. I don't know, you just write so beautifully and depict all of the characters in a way I hope to ever live up to. You say that your character and plot bases were no longer 'original', but I will say, your story compares to no other that I have ever read. In fact, thinking back to the others I have read in the past, I turn my nose up in disgust.
Transformers is, by far, my favorite Fandom, and your story is my favorite within it. Generation One is my love, even if I was born many years after it aired and died off to be replaced by newer versions. It is indeed the heart of it, and every time I watch a new series, I can't help but to comment, 'Originally, that wasn't that way, this character wasn't like this'. It is my fire, and I find myself going back to it every time my spark(pun totally intended) for Transformers returns.
You are, and probably always will be, my favorite Transformers writer, and there are only three other writers that I even deem acceptable. Just thinking about reading an edited and extended version of Small Problems has me giddier than I've been in a long while. I love this to no end and have been waiting for any kind of update at all-patiently, I assure you.

With an ever-thrumming Spark, I wish you the best with any and all future writings!
Maridia chapter 10 . 12/26/2017
Great story, I'm glad you finally finished it. :)
Maridia chapter 6 . 12/24/2017
Thanks for the update(s)!
DoomCabbit chapter 10 . 12/20/2017
I loved the bonus chapter detailing Crystal's stay at the Witwicky's. That was something I felt was missing from the original version, and it definitely reads better with the gap between Crystal arriving in Oregon and meeting the 'Bots full size filled.

I also liked this chapter, with the sweet call-forward to Prowl and Crystal's eventual relationship. To be honest, I had no idea they'd end up together until I read all the books! They had a really well-defined friendship, and the romance was a nice add-on in the end.

I hope this fic being updated means that the Small Problems series is active again! I look forward to new chapters in the current book. :)
Lavender Hope chapter 10 . 12/20/2017
Oh my gosh! I'm squeeing! That last chapter was too cute! I'm a kinda new reader (as in I've only started reading your stories earlier this year... or was it last year?) but I've already finished all the parts and even reread them many times over. You have no idea how happy reading this updated version had made me, and I loved the bonus chapters.

One of my favorite parts was getting more detail on Crystal's feelings towards them. I'd definitely have similar thoughts. Being near something so huge would be unnerving, but knowing them when they were small would have helped. Plus I would have really missed their company if I'd been living alone for so long as Crystal had.

Thank you SO very much for giving us this new version of Small Problems. And I agree with everyone who have been saying that your plot is totally NOT cliche and that your character is NOT a Mary Sue. You've written all of these stories so brilliantly and have inspired me to try my hand at writing a Transformers fanfiction of my own(not the human turned robot plot, but maybe the size change idea, which is what drew me to your story in the first place). I doubt I'll be confident enough to post it here, but thank you for writing these characters so wonderfully and, in my honest opinion, ACCURATELY. They just seem very well in character for a G1 cartoon based fic. Not at all inspired by Prime or Bayverse. And it shows. And I love it. So thank you for writing these stories.

My only concern now is... does this mean you're going to continue Rising Generations? Or are you planning to update them all until you caught up with where you're at, and then continues from there? Either way, I'm looking forward to reading more Transformers from you! And even if it takes you longer to write it out, I'll be just as content to reread them over again as I wait.

Ps: Sorry for the super long post. I guess I had a lot to say. Haha.
Chrysakitten chapter 10 . 12/19/2017
Old reader , loved the update x
Little Kunai chapter 10 . 12/19/2017
Ha! This was nothing short of hilarious! I would love to see a full blown story of a reverse situation.
Awesome Socks chapter 1 . 12/15/2017
Awesome Socks, yes I think that or something similar is what I went by before. You have no idea what kind of forsaken screech escaped me when I saw Small Problems on the recently updated list. I don't even know how to describe the emotions I have for this series. To think that this story I started reading in high school, and that I am now almost finished with college, has been updated, it's like a dream come true, honestly.

I haven't read this yet, obviously, it says it was updated only an hour ago, but I can promise I'll get right on it. I'm so excited to see what you've done and how you've made this incredible story even more incredible. You have no idea how worried we, as fans, were for you. I still hope your life is turning out well and you are doing everything you've wanted to.

My only regret is that you say you are embarrassed by your original plot idea. I've been lurking on this site for years, and I have seen Mary Sue stories, and this is not one of them. The Mary Sue-ness comes from the execution of the plot and the characters and this is far from it. This is still hands down the best Transformers fanfic I have ever read, and in no way do I think it is Mary Sue. So maybe the plot has been done before, but it has never ever been as well executed as I have seen here. Besides, by the time of Rising Generations, there's no hint of this human girl-turned-robot plot anywhere. You write the canon characters so well, I could almost believe this is a spin off of G1 in fanfiction form. It is extremely well written and I, as someone who never found her hand at writing, commend you for it.

I'm sorry your endeavors to publish a real book didn't go well, but this story will always have a home here on fanfic, and I'm excited for all the new readers who will come across this story today and be dragged in the same way the rest of us were by the amazing way you write. I am so glad this is happening, and I can't wait to reread my favorite fan fiction, for the 6th time.
Maridia chapter 4 . 12/15/2017
An update was long overdue, thank for reminding me of another great story.