Reviews for After the Hunt
TheResurrectionist chapter 1 . 1/29/2016
Supernatural Fanfiction Monthly Awards Review: January 2016

This was adorable-Dean being bull-headed and saving his brother and the girl first, Sam trying to be a mother hen and just being a nervous wreck. There were a few times where the words Sam used were a little OOC, but they did not interfere much at all. I really enjoyed seeing the siblings bicker in this:)

Great job!
Catasauqua chapter 1 . 1/15/2016
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review: Short Story/Horror January 2015

The premise of this story was interesting and contained the potential to be very good. However, the lack of scene breaks (and possible italics) may have compromised this. I wasn't sure if the opening scene was real, or a vision Sam was having. It was important to the story dynamic - at least to me. They were also missing throughout the story.

I liked your MotW and it would have been more interesting had you given a bit more info about it - even in a follow-up capacity. That being said, this was a nicely paced hunt and I enjoyed it.

Your characterizations felt true for the timeframe and I found no grammatical errors.

Cat
SPNReadingManiac chapter 1 . 1/5/2016
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review : January 2016

The story started off well, with the extremely close view of the original character, feeling her fears. Some background as to why she was there on her own, at first afraid, then trying to convince herself it was nothing, would have more to the reader's caring about her fate. Breaks between scenes are extremely helpful to the reader in determining what is going on. It can be quite disorienting to be "looking" at a dead body one moment and have Sam screaming the next without a visible indicator. I couldn't discern a particular resolution for the hunt or either character in the telling, a factor that reduced enjoyment. Description was well-written but a little over heavy in the action sequences, slowing the pace unintentionally and reducing tension as a result. The monster was indeed impressive and some background would have made it more so.
Vampyvii chapter 1 . 1/3/2016
What an awesome story this is! So glad I returned for a re-read!
reader50 chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
My thoughts are this: If they had the antidote to the poison, why didn't they take it with them on the hunt? And if they did, why didn't they use it right after they killed the thing or at least once they got back to the car? Otherwise, I thought the story was well written, I could see it happening in my mind. I enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing.
musicnerdy chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Good Will Hunting?
SayLo chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Cool it is cool
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Great story.
rrstarlight chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I really liked this story, loved the characterization of Sam and Dean, just right without being too smarmy. You probably could have taken it farther with Sam worrying and Dean getting worse, but I think it was just the right length and ended at the right point. We didnt' need any more details, we can imagine for ourselves if we need more. It hit the right note just the way it ended, just perfect.
Zinfer chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
It's so beautiful T-T. Great job
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Nice job on this story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
So cute I love hurt/sick Dean and I love the way he's always there to Sam even when he's not at the top of his game

I loved it D Thanks for sharing ~

Kisses and see ya next

Rosetta
Tosharino chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Loved it! So happy!
bhoney chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Aw, this was great! I loved that Dean got poisoned, for some reason I really like poisoned!Dean (I know, this probably says something about me as a person, LOL). And that he pushed through and finished the hunt anyway, and saved Sam. Loved Sam looking after him, and that Dean made sure Sam was okay emotionally, even though he was so sick himself. It's just like Dean to do that. Great characterization!

This was my favorite part: "He’d started out childhood worshiping his brother blindly and relying on him to be everything to him. Now, after all the years between them, both together and a part, he realized he’d never lost that child-like faith in his brother to make everything right." Aw...SO sweet.
Velvet Green chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
Aww. What a sweet ending!

"Emerging like a mist wraith from the forest, Dean appeared in front of them, gun drawn for a head shot." - I love that image.

"Dean kept mumbling about someone named Susie and 'the best pie ever'" - Hee