Reviews for The Eagle
valerie to-dad chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Wow!

This was incredible! You said that it was inspired from a poem; but what you have written is poetry within itself. I love it :). And the last line was perfect.

By the way, I love your profile :).
Elspeth.Davidson chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
Good! I like, very emotional, stirring, etc. The last line is very fitting. Tennyson is awesome. Very good, strong action verbs.

'to' and 'too' are not the same thing. Yes, canon stretched a bit. The Misty Mountains have Rohan and Gondor and the River between them and Mordor. I am going to make you ringathon with me :D
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
This is so beautiful. Reading your descriptions made me feel that I, too, could soar through the sky, and it made me want to do it right then! :o) I love the line: There are no shadows near the sun. It made the contrast between flying high in the cold, pure air and the darkness of what was happening far below in Middle-earth that much stronger.

It would have been lovely even had it been an origianl piece, but the way you tied it into LOTR was perfect.

There were a few little errors, but they certainly didn't take anything away from the beauty of the story. Great work.
incense-whiskers chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
This is beautiful.
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
I think was well-thought through, and I like it immensely.

~Calenlass
Delibird chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
Beautiful. Inspiring. I'd always loved that scene from Lord of the Rings, and the choice of the poem matched it perfectly.

(Adds you to favorite Authors list)