Reviews for Promises Made
noname00 chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Talk about dedication; I loved itxD
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
this was quite moving and extremely depressing.

it saddens me that most people believe that 'samurai x- reflection' (in japanese 'seisohen' -the abomination) was the true ending. the rurouni kenshin that watsuki-sensai created never lived the events depicted in that work. he was quoted saying that, "Kenshin went through so much crap and deserved a happy ending."

you can read the real canon 'jinchuu arc' and the real ending ('kenshin kaiden' in manga at[remove space]

onemanga Rurouni_Kenshin

the anime/manga kenshin was an honorable and moral man with unshakable principles and ideals- who would never leave his wife and son for any reason, would never give his wife a fatal disease, would never accept a government position and surely never go to china to train troops to kill.

anime/manga kaoru was a fiery, high spirited woman who had a violent temper who would have chased him down (with their friends) the first time he wandered off and would have violently convinced him that it was in his best interest never to do it again.

the OVA 'reflection/seisohen' was the studio's attempt to cram some of a corrupted version of the jinchuu arc (of the manga) into a scripted "tedious and depressing melodrama" by a 'gundum wing' writer that was lying around so that they wouldn't have to animate the completed manga. they also totally disregarded the 'kenshin kaiden', the real ending (included in the above address).

i am sorry for going off like that but it is something i feel strongly about. your story is wonderful and moving, and i don't wish to take away from that- and no, you aren't being shallow and i do like your concept better if he would have had to leave his family and couldn't make it back home.

ginny

;

p.s. i like your concept of kenshin having a special talent- i do believe he is at least part youkai (hanyou like inuyasha- maybe shippo's son ;)
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Holy crap. That was awesome! D I loved it! XD

Ari chan
Seravia chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Oh, that was so sad. supernatural things have always kinda creeped me out, but this si definitely one of the best fics I've read.

RHRF
barefootandlost chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
WOW!...That was a great story!
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
good fic
evilalternateendingstorywriter chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
creepy! excellent way to get ready for Halloween. I had goosebumps in the end!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
What a fabulously original and macabre take on that fateful ending from "Seishouhen". I am not a fan of that ending for Kenshin’s life, but I do love the way you stand it on its head! I look forward to more twists from you on the RuroKen world.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
Oho, uwah, that was terrible!

Of course I mean that in the best possible way. Using the characters of Kiyo and Sanyo worked very well for the first segment; taking it from the unbelieving Sanyo's position was good for the straight narrative, and Kiyo got the ideas out there in flat time. Megumi made good eyes, too. Poor, poor Kenji. That is a very sick thing to have your father do to you. Of course the one of them wouldn't outlive the other long, but taking Kaoru away like that... I wonder what effect the emptied grave had on Kiyo and Sanyo. Being clairvoyant has never sounded fun-oh, but you caught Kenji at a great point between the various ways his character gets swung, and you did it without wasting words. It's a nice piece.

Reflections...that'll be the one with the strange art style and the tuberculosis, right? Didn't look too cool when I ran through clips. Peace out, or something like that.
Ri-nee-chan chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
Yay, first review!

First off: great job! This is one kick-ass short-story and - lucky for me - exactly the kind of original I was looking for.

The style flows nicely and I didn't have a boring minute. You get extra points for original characters that are likeable! :)

My prognose is a double digit review-count by the end of the week. If word gets spread, you will have your fledgling fan community soon enough! ;D

Keep up the great work, I will *definitely* check it out!

L&P,