Reviews for Towers and Titans
Kumoatsu chapter 5 . 3/13/2010
I can barely wait for the gold digger crossover you have planned for this. especially considering at the beginning of this story you had gone through a really long explanation as to why ranma was bethrothed to half the country side. hope you update again soon!
The Bellmaker chapter 5 . 2/23/2010
Very, very interesting plot twist. I look forward to the potential eventual continuation.
The Bellmaker chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Very interesting introduction...though I do have one question.

"Kryptani"...would this, perhaps, be a reference to a certain dark goddess with an incredibly similar name and focus? Does this imply Krolm and Dauros analogues as well? We'll see, I suppose...
Anonymous chapter 5 . 1/14/2010
Nice work with an original premise. I hope you haven't abandoned this story.
Ganheim chapter 5 . 10/17/2009
the owners daughter

[owner’s]

he had the foresight to have more than one child.

[Though, like Genma, he seemed to shirk all of the others. Why he decided to honor his contract with the Saotomes is never discussed in canon]

the suitor from the Amazon village, and that was partially his fault as well

[Indirectly, possibly, but that was more Ranma’s fault. Not that there wasn’t some culpability to go around]

do you honestly think there's a single person in Nerima who doesn't know your name and description, if only for the sake of avoiding you and the problems trailing in your wake?"

[That’s quite possibly true]

Perhaps your looking

[you’re]

The shopkeeper grinned, and faded away, as did the shop and everything in it. Leaving behind a dusty, empty room with broken, boarded over windows and a locked door.

[Wandering shops are such a convenient plot device, no?]

"Ara!

[Only people familiar with those little elements of Japanese linguistics would know that this is the ‘exclamation of surprise’. There’s nothing wrong with an English ‘Oh!’]

Ranma was almost used to the mallet out of nowhere.

[Hammerspace, also known as a kifold, female dimensional warp, or inventory. Also known by certain martial masters like Genma and Mousse]

but that thing caught him off guard every single time.

[Maybe Ranma’s just vulnerable to Wood element?]

a couple of time

[times]

"Ara, is everyone

[Unnecessary Japanese]

Soun, who had switched his Katana out for a Naginata.

[Although Soun (and Akane, if I recall correctly) have both used a naginata. It could’ve been a similar polearm (perhaps a yari), but it was something along those lines]

"Ara... Yes.

[Unnecessary Japanese]

necromancy and healing magic were apparently suprisingly closely related in this game

[The same in early folk religions as well. In some shamanic practices, there is no delineation between a “necromancer” and “healing mage”]

but if you died, she couldn't bring you back to life

[So they don’t have “Raise” or “Green Memory”? Where’s the white mage?]

Ara...are we

"Ara...one

and seperate up

[separate]

If he turns into one, then nothing good will come of it

[Unless he conveniently loses that fear of cats when he transforms or just on entering the cat, but that would be too easy]

Chapter 2

"I need... the instruction manual.

[What a concept! And somebody actually does it! You get bonus points for that]

"Ara... please

"Ara...

"Ara, there's

"Is to win. Oh my... I'm sorry,

[See? It works perfectly well to use ‘Oh my’ instead of ‘ara’]

Everything you learn to do in this game, you'll be able to do in real life."

[I’ve seen the ‘characters drop into (board) game’ before, and even pilfering material objects like gold, but keeping skills is new]

with Son-in-laws choice

[law’s]

You don't even realize that the Tendo half of Happosai's school is based on the use of weapons, primarily. Why do you think your father always goes for that naginata of his when he has to fight a serious battle? All he ever trained you in was a few kempo forms when you were young, then left you to flounder for yourself."

[Interesting bit of speculation that, while definitely not necessarily true, is supported by canon and well within believability (nay, likelihood) for this story’s purposes]

If your in a pinch,

[you’re]

suitable sword, that had survived

[Superfluous comma]

That bio spell sounded nifty too, though. As did Holy. But it was white magic? White attack magic? Nice. That could definitely come in handy. Pity he couldn't get it until level fifteen. And then there was Flare, which was apparently the magical equivalent to a small nuke. And Ultima,

[That sounds a lot like Final Fantasy, though since I’ve only played 12 personally I’m not sure how the others worked]

If AKANE'S gazes

[gaze]

Chapter 3

What had happened at the Tendo Dojo was to be kept the utmost secret. The possibilities of what could happen if the game board was tampered with... or, heaven forbid, one of the miniatures of the people trapped within was destroyed... no, it was too horrible to comprehend.

Naturally, by the next day, everyone in Nerima knew about it.

[Points 2]

"CALM!" Apparently, the only way the spell had found to calm Akane down was to make her go to sleep.

[I can believe that about Akane, and Kasumi doing this]

we need to get out now."

"But... but... special techniques!"

"Are you really that willing to give up your sanity for the sake of flashy techniques?"

Silence fell and someone...coughed into their hand

[Points 5]

"Almost like there are infinite amounts of them appearing just out of our line of sight and tracking us down, that exist for no other purpose but to die to make us stronger?"

[Ah, a good ol’ hack-and-slash. I’d love to be there]

the edge an their target.

[and]

Tarre was an infant Black Dragon. A race that was typically the most powerful, evil things around.

[Why is it that dragons in the West are usually evil? They’re default neutral (if territorial) in Eastern mythology, and in some east-European myths they’re guardians of divine realms]

on the dragons part

[dragon’s]

as well as the collar that was keeping her in her current form.

[I’m confused, the collar transmogrifies her?]

And if anyone's spent much time in the Anime Addventure, chances are they'll recognize Tarre.

[No, but it sounds interesting if your story is any indication]

Chapter 4

The board itself surged upwards, opening a crack in its surface that turned into a mouth, filled with sharp, pointy teeth, and a long red tongue.

[The board is a mimic! Run! By the way, this is an incredibly funny idea]

his Endurance rating. That, surprisingly, was off the charts in the good way.

[Wouldn’t that be ‘expectedly’?]

Meanwhile, Kuno was being beaten severely by a Rabid Rabbit,

[It’s not the Chicken of Bristol, but I think that it might still give trouble until Kuno finds a hand grenade]

He had started with a point of 'Speechcraft'. That meant... he could lie now!

[Ranma? Lying? Perish the thought…he does it every episode. Granted, most of the time it fells morons like Ryouga]

the 'Seduction' thing had two modes, but neither of them was 'off'. There was 'unfocused', which just made Ranma attractive to all females in the vicinity, to random degrees depending on how attractive they would have found him normally, and 'focused', when he brought the entire aura, for lack of a better word, to bear on a single female. But it was never off.

[Interesting explanation]

Somewhere in Tokyo, at this exact moment, Nodoka snapped to full attention as her head swung to face the Tendo Dojo. For some reason, her grandbaby sense was tingling, but in a much different manner than normal.

[I didn’t think that such an interjection could be successfully worked in, but you have proven yourself a master. I’m even starting to like this ‘Tarre’ dragonling]

"And just why do you think you are an expert on this sort of thing, Saotome?"

[Wouldn’t Nabiki’s character have more than a few ideas on sneaking into places?]

Chapter 5

after enterring

[entering]

exactly how the sacrifice would proceed. All very important decisions to take into consideration, and to discuss, at length, just outside the twin's cell. Making sure to speak in languages they could understand.

[Points 5]

"Nobody... Touches... THE HAT!

[Why does this remind me of a Clint Eastwood movie?]

Soun nibbled at his fish as he offered a commentary.

[The patriarchs would do this during a dangerous fight]

into her apparently infinitely large sidepack,

[I’ve heard some fantasy stories call it ‘mageweave bags’]

Magic was picky like that... it either worked correctly, or lots of people tended to die. Lots of people had a tendency of dying even if the magic had been worked correctly.

[Like making a Philosopher’s stone?]

I thought the "M" rating was higher than necessary, which was odd. This story was extremely well done, and very funny. It’s a pity that you stopped writing before bringing it to any sort of end, it would’ve been a great addition. This was _really_ good up until you stopped writing.
Kumoatsu chapter 3 . 9/1/2009
Oh, and here i was hoping she would go for ranma...
Immatrael chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
Please, in the name of all that is good and holy, TELL ME Tarre will be somehow coming back out into the real world with them. Please!

The potential for chaos is just too good for you to pass the oppurtunity up.
Untamed of Wildwind chapter 5 . 8/22/2009
Funny story. Will there be more of it?
Karasu00 chapter 5 . 5/31/2009
Hilarious! Reminds me of some of the crazy D&D games I've been apart of. Hope you continue this.
germandragon chapter 5 . 3/31/2009
this is awsome! up date pleas
Arinor chapter 5 . 2/18/2009
Most amusing and although it has been quite some time please do update.
Shagend chapter 5 . 1/9/2009
Great story. Little different than most storys, but since it's comedy-ish(i guess) it's expected. Especially that you removed Ranma's martial arts half-way(exhibit A: were-form), which I personally liked. To bad you haven't updated it in a while. Keep on going.
vaward chapter 4 . 11/9/2008
Moar pleaze!

Poor Kasumi could use a Periapt of Wisdom to break free of her self-deluded cheerfulness.

I’m not familiar with the Red Mage class, but when Ranma gets enough experience, maybe he could apply for a prestige class. Becoming a “Dragon Disciple” would prevent Ranma from learning any new spells in exchange for gradually transforming him into a half-dragon (but Ranma already has a bunch of devastating martial art moves, so we don’t need him learning Flare or Ultima). Tarre might want to trick Ranma into taking the Dragon Disciple prestige class. Nabiki and Genma would support Tarre’s manipulations, as Ranma is already difficult enough to control without him wielding the magical equivalent of nuclear bombs that can destroy all of Nerima.
1Batman4u chapter 5 . 11/9/2008
Aww, Tarre is so cute.

Loved Cologne's and Herb's to the manuals and guides to the game.

Depending on if treasure recovered in the game returns with them back to the real world, one trinket Ranma would find useful is a Dwarven Hammer of Forging (I forget what canon D&D manual it can be found in). This small hammer gives whoever holds it heightened awareness of magical auras, and is normally used in the crafting of new enchanted weapons, although it can be wielded as a 1 battlehammer. In the hands of someone like Ranma who has ki-senses, it'd give him tremendous insight into his Junsekyou curse and the nature of how his newfound Red Mage spells function. I don't know if his spells are fueled by hiw own life energy or if he's drawing upon an outside source of magic (i.e. the Ethereal Stream, the Weave, whatever).
RockBane chapter 5 . 9/3/2008
I really hope you haven't abandoned this story as it just seems to be getting interesting.
223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »