Reviews for Sight the King
guest chapter 1 . 4/2
wait i saw this on livejournal before but now i cant find it there? idk or somewhere else
anyway don't delete it here pls
Ghostlanxx chapter 21 . 3/20
I AM FUCKING SCREAMING OH MY GOD THIS FIIIIC
Ghostlanxx chapter 20 . 3/20
Wonder if they'll connect Yuugi to this death... his blood is all over the place after all...
Ghostlanxx chapter 19 . 3/20
Got to admin, I thought it would be Kaiba. My jaw fell with a literal "oh shit" when it turned out who it was.

THE PUZZLE BROKE. NO.
Ghostlanxx chapter 18 . 3/20
Went to your lj,and let me tell you. Let me fucking tell you. Bow chika wow wow!
(Read it at 5AM and yeah you can guess how much sleep I got afterwards :'D)
Ghostlanxx chapter 17 . 3/19
Oh wow, I forgot Anzu at this point had feelings for Other Yuugi. Hehe nice save there :'D
Ghostlanxx chapter 14 . 3/19
ohmygodYES
Ghostlanxx chapter 12 . 3/17
The sheer *depth* of this fic. The thought you put into it. Holy shit.
Ghostlanxx chapter 7 . 3/16
I would like to say something profound, but this is just so GOOD, all I have is wow. Wow this fic is deep.
Ghostlanxx chapter 4 . 3/16
Okay, this fic? Is freaking AWESOME.

Jounouchi tho :'(
Wow, that was amazing! I really liked the interaction between the two Yuugi's, although I'm sorry that Jonouchi died :(

The one thing I thought was missing from this was that we never got to see the rematch between Yuugi and Kaiba - I was looking forward to seeing Kaiba getting pwned again because that seriously never gets old XD Other than that though, I absolutely loved this. One of my favorite puzzleshipping stories of all time.
Cat chapter 20 . 11/17/2016
This story was an absolute pleasure to read, and a really satisfying extension of the season zero vibes that were pretty much lost in translation as Yugioh progressed. Yugi and Yami felt so, so in character here, and the plot was original and interesting while still paying homage to original canon. Well done!
Chrysanthemvm chapter 21 . 8/10/2016
Well, this is now my favourite of all time. It's got /everything/ I've ever looked for in stories. I only regret that the standards are incredibly high now! Nothing will ever reach this greatness again.
The very summary had already caught me but the first chapter trapped me like a noose. I am too delighted. Especially since it was a long trip! I love a long storyyy!
Every character had a depth I didn't expect (and will miss dearly now that it's over) and even the act of killing a main character filled me with glee! A bold and wise move! Triggering such a story line, unbelievable! Not to mention the OTP dynamics... That's definitelty where the perfection lies. The way you've written this has both tension-and-expression-and I don't want to face the fact that it's over... When will I see this personalities again? Guess I'll just have to read it all once more!
Never had I stopped so many times while reading because I was shivering so much, too much! That's never happened! I'd almost forgotten I had feelings until I came across this!
I want an epilogue! I'll cry into my pillow! Thanks for being the coolest writer in existence!
moyogi chapter 21 . 6/12/2016
That was.. wow. That was one hell of a ride. I adored the intense, gripping plot that could indeed have been straight from the manga (and then some! wow!). I also adored the characterization of both Yuugi and Yami Yuugi, because it shot the uke-seme mold the fandom seems to love straight to hell.
I gotta say that Jounouchi's death was actually shocking and took me absolutely off-guard! I read the lines over and over and thought "Wow, this author got balls! Brilliant!" It just felt radically different from anything else I'd read in this fandom so far. The very real emotional impact could be felt througout the fic, which speaks volumes of your talent for consitency.
The way you wrote Kaiba as this cold-hearted, calculating madman was also something I didn't expect at all!
Overall it's a very brilliant piece you wrote here and definitely among the Top 5 Best fics in the entire Yu Gi Oh! fandom. Even if it's been 8 years since you've posted this I'd like to let you know how much it means to us readers to be allowed to immerse ourselves in such a great story to this day! I hope you're doing well and will continue to share your stories with us!

xoxo
Chyme for the Rhyme chapter 21 . 6/5/2016
There’s a lot to love about this fic; the descriptive thought put into how Yuugi’s perception shapes his surroundings, with all the little details included that some other authors would skip over, like how he views each game and it’s intricacies, move by move, to the way he analyses the differences between himself and Atem. I also love the realism, how the reality of money and a necessary disguise is discussed and sorted out between the two, highlighting not only the difference in morals between them, but how running away or being ‘out on the lamb’ is a nerve-racking and tiring procedure.

I love how the theme of games and playing them is forced outside the realm of Dual Monsters, how it plays into scenarios of life and death the way the original manga sought to tackle before it eventually became fixated on the necessary evil of promoting the game in question. Yuugi is quick and sharp here, while dealing with the struggle of the psychological trauma he’s been put through and the way you have him dealing with this alongside each ‘puzzle’ and ‘game’ he needs to solve, including the puzzle of solving Kaiba’s forced naming of his partner, help to express this beautifully.

And of course Jounouchi...his death is abrupt and takes place after only a few chapters, but he leaves behind such a colourful impact. And even after he’s gone and unable to help or encourage Yuugi anymore he’s presence is still felt to the way he gives the Other Yuugi a moment of poignant inspiration when he uses the method of Jounouchi’s last victory to break out of prison. And there’s a twist of irony that Jounouchi’s method to facilitate the survival of his own character no matter what, helped lead him straight into a bullet’s path later on.
I also adore the fleshing out of your various OCs here; they feel very much like real people and the nice titbits later on, expanding upon a family member we never got to see in canon, were very well thought-out.

And of course the most important message expressed in this piece: that Yuugi does not require the Pharaoh for survival. That he was always strong enough to survive on his own. Granted, his experiences in Titan have fashioned him into someone more capable than he was at the beginning of the story, but the potential was always there, even without a magic Puzzle wrapped round his neck. And that he learns to acknowledge this and say ‘but I still want this additional thing, this precious person with me anyway,’ speaks of what a lot of romance novelists could stand to learn.