Reviews for Kill the Cliche
Kyrial Arthian chapter 9 . 10/18/2012
I'm so glad you decided to continue writing this. And throwing in that Charlie Brown cameo was pretty genius, if I do say so myself.
Aronim chapter 9 . 10/18/2012
Really glad to see this going again, it was interesting but I had resigned myself to it being a deadfic. Glad to be proven wrong.

I kind of expected Lucy to be someone I knew, but I didn't really figure it out before Charlie showed up. That was kinda funny.

You write some pretty clever dialogue, though the wonderings about feelings seem a little unsubtle. Though of course, that might be on purpose to make the denial even more obvious, but still.

There is a slight shift in tone between the old chapters and the new ones, not much, but still enough to be a little jarring, especially how everything suddenly seemed completely fine and civilized and Calvin suddenly being proper friends with Junie. It's still a good chapter, but it seems somehow disconnected from the rest of the fic. You might wanna have a look at that, though I don't really have some specific points except the above on what is "wrong". It might be that you're simply a little rusty in writing this particular story.

Fun fic, hope you continue it and get really into the style again.
eatthetrees chapter 9 . 10/18/2012
I SEE WUT U DID THERE. And I like it. :)

This is an awesome story. Keep it up! I'll be patiently waiting til your next update! :D
HecatonchiresLM chapter 9 . 10/18/2012
Lucy and Calvin could be good friends :)
duckyrie chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
I was delighted to see a new chapter for this. You made my day. Congrats on serving a mission.
Little Minamino chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
I totally love this chapter! It was well worth the wait :) I hope the next one comes out faster, of course, but I won't hold it against if it doesn't ;P Anyway, that Charlie Brown reference was epic and I so never saw it coming. Do you have any other comic cameo's planned? Because that would be awesome! But yeah, great update! Keep up the good work!
JDKloosterman chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
This is... interesting. Seems like a bit of tone departure from earlier chapters, where they were a bit more antagonistic towards each other. I do like the new roommate, the old one was a bit annoying. But in the last chapter, it seemed like Calvin was still ambivalent about Susie. I suppose the assumption is that they've been tutoring for a while and hence are much more familiar around each other, but even so...

Not difficult to see that Susie caught sight of her ex. Should be interesting to see how that plays out. Lucy's cameo was unexpected... at first I thought she was a character from the Once Upon Time show, but the Charlie Brown stuff was more in keeping with the comic section. Slightly jarring cameo, still, but consistent with the theme.

Good to hear you're working at writing more original fiction for publishing. I plan to get around to submitting my stories on Amazon someday.
LoveLetterLost chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
When I saw that this had updated, I freaked out! So glad that you are writing this again!
n255 chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
Actually, some of us do read the writers comments. :)

Good to have you writing this again. Has a good blend of could be, might be, and Calvinness.

Keep up the good work.
GSirius chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
Wow, didn't expect an update of this story, but I'll take it. Great chapter, if a bit short, but I'm excited to see some movement on the only Calvin and Hobbes story I've ever found to be worth the time!
iniminimagimo chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
Hahaha didn't see Charlie Brown coming!
Keep going, you made me happy today just by updating your story!
Hat Guy chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
I'm happy to see that this story has come back from the dead! I had to go back and reread the entire story before I read the new content, just because it's been so long, and I'm not sorry I had to! One thing I was concerned with as I got to the new chapter was that after such along hiatus is that the new content might not flow as well, but it did. Good work!
Pivitor chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
Hey, it's nice to see you back! I really enjoyed this chapter-the arrival of Lucy and Charlie Brown was a nice surprise, and I'm surprised by how much of this story came back to me despite it being years since I last read a chapter. Hope to keep seeing updates from ya!
Sorakage Sama chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
WOW! Not only do we get an update, but a Charlie brown cameo to boot! What next? For Better or worse? Garfield? Beetle Baily? This story just keeps me guessing. I honestly cannot wait to see what else you can do with this. Keep up the good work.

Ja ne

Sorakage Sama
sweetlilsunshine chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
Did you really just incorporate the Peanuts into this? lol I laughed when I got it though, great job. And thanks for FINALLY updating this, it's been a great story from the beginning but when you take years to update, well people get discouraged. I had to reread the whole story since it's been so long, still, thanks for updating.
418 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »