Reviews for Kill the Cliche
diadem15 chapter 6 . 9/7/2008
This chapter was awsome. I loved the prank at the end. I cant wait to read more, keep up the good work.
Mafis chapter 6 . 9/7/2008
thank you so much for updating this story. thank you thank you thank you! I was so scared that it had been forgoten, and I was so happy I squealed when I got the update notification. I love that we get to see different pov's here, it isn't just a onesided story. You would think that hearing from Calvin is much more interesting than Susie, but you managed to make them both amazingly interesting. I haven't once, not even slightly, faintly, or partly,been dissapointed with this story-it's just amazing (the story, not my lack of dissapointment with it)! I've had the pleasure of collecting Calvin and Hobbes comics, and getting to hear from them all over again feels great. The characters act so naturally, sometimes it's hard to believe that you aren't getting this material from some official source-but maybe its just me-either way, I love this story and I sincerely hope you will continue to write it (and maybe other stories too...just a thought *wink wink, nudge nudge I realize this review is shameless flattering and groveling, but I don't think I can criticize your worr. Er...I'd love larger chapters...? So, to break the flow of compliments, I'll introduce some questions: Did Susie faint for a medical reason like dehydration or fatigue, or was it beacuse she's starting to see Hobbes? When Susie was younger, did she see the living breathing purring tiger hobbes, or is it a purely new development? And ah the snakes and bugs and creepy crawlers...classic prank. C'mon Susie, we all know you can never get too old to prank someone! This story is great. Amazing. Stupendous. Terrific. Top notch. Fabulous. Sensational-well, you get my meaning. Hope you update soon!
surimental72 chapter 6 . 9/7/2008
Huzzah! I've been awaiting this chapter. I look forward to the next one eagerly!
hyacinth26 chapter 6 . 9/7/2008
Aww... I so wanted her to retaliate. Maybe she can find a sneakier way of doing so? :D

It'll be interesting to see how Calvin will react when he finds out that Susie can see Hobbes. Maybe he'll walk in on them having a conversation?

One thing that's kind of confusing to me is why Calvin and Susie are both taking a chem course, which has nothing to do with either of their majors. I do like the scene in the chem class, but maybe be a little more clear on why they're taking the class? I mean, if they both love it enough to take a relatively difficult course as an elective (with labs and expensive textbooks!), then maybe they're in the wrong programs? Just a thought. :)

I really hope you can update soon. I'd started to give up on this story!
BrazeRancor chapter 6 . 9/7/2008
Genius!

Pure Genius!

You are instantly my favorite person. You difietly give Calvin & Hobbes the respect it deserves.

Question: Do you say 'hob-s' or 'hoab-s?'
insanely-normal chapter 6 . 9/6/2008
well, i don't think i need to say this, because i'm sure all the other reviewers said so...

BUT, FUCKING AWESOME CHAPTER. better than i could've hoped! it seems to me that when most writers take a long hiatus and then return to their work, the next chapter's usually off in some way, or oddly disconnected with the vibe of the other ones.

but this?

hell no. still fucking awesome! AND THE TWIST! here i thought calvin was all sexy and smooth, grown up and decidedly delicious, AND THEN THE BUGS! ah!

beautiful, wonderful, awesome... all too good. also, the best part out of all this is that HOBBES IS HERE! i hate when the other calvin authors just dismiss him. UGH

iloveyou
insanely-normal chapter 5 . 9/2/2008
OH, MY GOD.

for most of my adolescent years i'd always had this guilty, little soft-spot for calvinxsusie romance stories, but never have i been lucky enough to stumble upon such a treasure.

this is so, freaking good. i really can't say much else; please, continue this! incredibly interested doesn't even begin to cover this.
Matthew John chapter 5 . 8/5/2008
I hope you haven't abandoned this, because it IS a good take on one of the...well, more cliche plots in the section. I'm interested as to where it's going and what, exactly, is meant by the title...is it related to some planned plot twist down the line?

Good luck with your classes, by the way.
HecatonchiresLM chapter 5 . 7/29/2008
This is fun. I'd love to see an update
llivla chapter 5 . 7/12/2008
This is the first post-childhood multi-chapter for this series I have ever enjoyed. I'm serious, I ate all this up in one sitting! Hobbes and Calvin's banter is spot on, I love how you take after Bill Waterson's "philosophy/psychology" of Hobbes, it fits seamlessly. Calvin is as eclectic as ever, and Susie's outside view of him is interesting as well. Though I loved them in the comic, I rarely enjoy attempts at writing them as a romantic adult couple, but you have it so natural I'm completely hooked.

Added to story alert! :)
Blahbity.Bloop chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
Grah! Make the series continue!
Mafis chapter 5 . 6/6/2008
I just found this story after searching for some calvin and hobbes stories, and I am so relieved I did! Its so hard to find a story that keeps everyone in character and isn't boring or repetitive, or, god forbid, cheesy! Hobbes is still there! This makes me so happy! Because honestly, what would Calvin be without Hobbes. Everything fits perfectly to the characters, even Susie and her Haravard affair. I'm really ecstatic about the net chapter, silly as it may seem since this is just fanfiction. But either way, I hope to read your net chapter soon! There's a good length to the chapters, not overly long and not overly short. And you write well! Very well! I love your story. Plain and simple. Love it. Alot. I think you deserve an award for making such a good fanfic. Cough...I realize I come off as a little too enthusiastic about this story. Anyway, update when possible!
RZX chapter 5 . 6/3/2008
You have an awesome story going here. My favorite part is how you still keep Hobbes in despite the growing years. I've read that quote from Bill Watterson before too and I wholeheartedly agree. I'm glad you're following it.

I like how you've portrayed Calvin and Suzie as college kids too. Kudos!

Looking forward to your next update and favorited ~
Doctor of Writing chapter 5 . 5/31/2008
This is Good.

I like this.

pray continue.

-Doc-
Musafreen chapter 5 . 5/13/2008
One of the scariest moments of my life was when I was (re)reading some book of Calvin and Hobbes. I suddenly was struck by this feeling that eventually, Calvin would "grow up" and, consequently, Hobbes would fail to exist. It scared me so much, I was zomboid for the next half day.

I think this version of Calvin (and Hobbes) is something of a relief. Calvin, especially, is utterly beleivable. Susie, on the other hand, seems somewhat...different. More out of charachter...

Before I lapse into UTTER incoherency, I'd like to say thank you. Because I loved Hobbes, just perfect.

I still have not read the entire story, but I will, as soon as I get time, and hopefully come up with a more detailed review.
418 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 .. Last Next »