Reviews for An Australian Wizard
Guest chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
yea because he all hand out our possessions to strangers
guest chapter 26 . 9/18/2013
This seems like a very interesting story and one I'd very much like to read. However, there are a couple of issues that stop me from enjoying it. There are significant language mistakes that break the flow of the story. Without typing out specific examples, the text appears to need proofreading. There are many instances where improper word choice leaves the reader struggling to decipher your intended meaning. Other instances where it seems you've skipped over sections. It's clear you know what your trying to express but it's not always clear to the reader. I would recommend going back and re-reading your earlier chapters now that you have some distance from them. All in all I think you've got interesting ideas that could use some polish to help them shine.
Miss Millie chapter 27 . 7/21/2013
Hello,
I just found your story on Friday it is SUNDAY MORNING 1:13 am I was so busy reading no time to review. I was so glad to see you had updated this year!
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese don't for get us readers. I have stopped reading unfinished stories, I have prob. 300 stories I dumped as they just stopped writing them. I had spent hours so had a lot of others invested our time when we could have been doing other things. Please writing soon I love your story.
Good luck in all you do.
Miss Millie
Trace Reading chapter 3 . 5/25/2013
Besides the rather lackluster pacing and the fact that you're introducing styles of magic and belief systems that won't exist in 1998, you also have him playing an album from 2005 in 1998.

Plus I think you're going just a little overboard on the whole "everywhere else is better than Britain" thing. Last I checked other countries utilized wands and educated to the same standards as Hogwarts...

So this story is just a tad on the annoying side.
Bobmin356 chapter 27 . 5/23/2013
This isn't a bad tale, but there are a lot of basic errors in the last few chapters. Missing words mostly or wrong words and that is hurting the story.

I don't know how often you are publishing, but I think you need to increase your edit cycle. When I'm getting ready to post a new chapter I can take up to 10 days, reading, fixing and tweaking before I post it. I'll suggest you consider something similar because right now these chapters scream "I'm raw and unedited."
Guest chapter 26 . 4/27/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
WhiteElfElder chapter 27 . 4/27/2013
Things sound like they are about to heat up to inferno levels soon. Albus better start toeing the line or Harry or James will hand him his hat right after handing him his arse.
wizmage chapter 27 . 4/27/2013
I like it so far. I hope you update soon.
riegert8 chapter 27 . 4/27/2013
This is an interesting chapter
Aries-Antares chapter 6 . 4/27/2013
"Before I get another review saying the Aussie Harry seems powerful and Hogwarts is meant to be the best magic school, I'd like to say a few things."

Why not just say that your story is completely AU, and fannon?

Multimillion magicals in Europe - Rowling said there were less then 5.000 in the UK - which some say is unrealistic, but if there were more it would be more unrealistic. Where would they work? They cannot all work for the ministry, since then the economy would suffer (North Korea, USSR and other communist countries where everyone works for the government). Also, they would not be able to hide... you know satellites and the CCTV (millions of surveillance cameras in the UK).
Aries-Antares chapter 5 . 4/27/2013
Susan Bones is a redhead - just as Ginny, while Lily has auburn red hair
inlovewithHP chapter 26 . 9/5/2011
Hi
Aggiebell chapter 26 . 4/9/2010
This is fascinating. I just read straight through today (and you'll never know how glad I was to find something so entertaining to read, since I was home sick and bored out of my mind until I did). The whole idea of the old magicks completely drew me in. I can see how Hermione might've got caught by them-she's so curious about everything, there's no way she could've let something so interesting pass by without investigating.

Thanks for the fun read!
fireburnshot chapter 26 . 3/9/2010
okay, so I'm a prat. I've been reading straight through and not taking the time to review...although I would guess that IS a review, yeah?

This is probably the best story I have read ever.

Multi-layered, characters fleshed out, love, mystery, bad guys :)

All I can say is WOW, just WOW.
WhiteElfElder chapter 26 . 3/8/2010
Damn; Hogwarts has been infiltrated and James was sent to get it under control. At least the wards should respond to him and he does have magic not used by others; but can he do it without a wand like Harry? Somehow, I do not think this is going to go well for the Potter family and Harry and Ginny's plans are going to be on hold while Harry deals with the problems.