Reviews for GF
mimarin chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
ouch. i normally never read selphie fic, but the concept was so hypnotic i couldn't resist. powerful & concise, and that ending... :(
foxygirlchan chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Cute story! I adore the idea of GFs, and I always felt it sad that something could take away your memories.

Sorta Kingdom Hearts esque, but cooler.

I like the idea of Selphie knowing a boy before, although I dunno... I'm very wary of OCs, so it's a bit iffy, but this was written well, and I can't argue with that.

Selphie is adorable, and I adored the Irvine scenes. I think it's so sad that her sweetheart died without her knowing/remembering.

How sad! Very good story! Lacking in details and descriptions, but it's still great!

Good job! Keep on doing what you do best!

Adios!
Ryfee chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Very flowing. Your OC is very good too, realistic and not just randomly put in. I really like this. I like the last two lines.
Elendraug chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
I spotted this fic MONTHS ago when I started playing FF8 for the first time. The summary intrigued me, but I couldn't read it yet, 'cos I had a feeling it might have spoilers.

I just beat the game a few minutes ago, and immediately searched the site for this fic. And oh man, this is nothing short of incredible. It's haunting, it's painful, it's tragic. It's like she's watching her life with her peripheral vision, and never quite able to get a good look at things in her past. You've achieved something rare, too - not many people can create an original character in a fanfiction setting and have the reader like him and sympathize with him right off the bat. Excellent, masterful work.

This story is going to stick with me for a long time. It's beautiful. You should be so, so proud of this.
Pied Flycatcher chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Ooh, very nice. Such an interesting idea to explore. And you captured Selphie perfectly too - it's somehow oddly appropriate that she would name her moogle doll Splodge. :P But as well as Selphie's sense of fun, there's always that bittersweet feeling there. Props to you for pulling off that combination. :)
Reinna chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Ah, utterly adorable, but so sad. Your writing has a great flow and rhythm to it that is perfect for Selphie's bouncy and crazyspastic personality. It's wonderful

*faves story and author*
Vixen2004 chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
So. Mind if I stalk you? Didn't think so.

I'm trying to think of a way to adequatley describe my love for your sentence structure. It has a rhythm, a bounce, a feel, and it flows like art. It's like...

Boom. Boom. Bang. Boom.

If that made any sense. I suspect it didn't. I can beat it out like a snare drum on my computer desk yet I can't foretell it to you through my words. Ha. And I claim to be a writer.

Suffice it to say your words flow, and are not plauged by the choppiness that so many writers fall culprit to.

Yes, that's it. They flow. Like liquid. Is that analogy any better?

Regardless, your opening sentence wastes no time in grabbing the reader's attention and I always considered that key, seeing as though the hooker can either make or break a twenty chapter epic saga. No one's gonna read the other nineteen chapters if your first line sucks. Which yours didn't. So you're safe.

And your piece as a whole is like art. The constant line dividers placed strategically to seperate key moments not only looks nice but fits the story well. Also; fits Selphie's spaztic mind. It flows; yet is spaztic. Explain that to me, please. I fear I am confusing even myself, so I can't imagine what I'm doing to you.

Another thing: I love how you made your OC, the albino prodigy child commonly known as Hahn, seem like part of the original plot and not some stray love interest inserted haphazardly by some wayward rabid fangirl. He seemed real, which was lovely, and such a rarity among OCs. (Also, the whole idea that Selphie had a love before Irvine entered the scene, but conveniently forgot him compliments of junctioning GFs, is pure genius. As was the tag line summary for this story. Obviously it caught my attention.)

And your characterization of Selphie is to die for. Not many people can perfect writing a chipper persona such as the aforementioned without making her come of as alarmingly stupid, heniously embarassing, disgustingly immature, or flat out annoying. You have perfected the art of Selphie writing. I suspect you'd be good at penning Yuffie, Eiko, and Rikku as well.

I adore the way you end each paragraph. So poignant with so little. Ahem. Examples.

"... She gets a new toy, and names him Mr. Bear, because she’s sick of being original..."

"...The other passengers are weary of a girl in SeeD uniform acting spastic, but Irvine silences them when they notice he’s got a gun strapped to his belt and seems to be /very/ friendly with the psychotic girl..."

And the ending in the infirmary. Wow.

So, yes, this was an absolute joy to read. I demand you to write more, because your style is utterly addicting.
LolieShing chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Beautifully written.

I like to read fics concerning GF and memory loss, and although Selphie is not really my favourite character, I found myself aching in sympathy with her pain and confusion.

Thanks for writing
DarknessAeon chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
Sad, very sad. Poor Selphie losing her memory of Hahn, but I do like how her and Irvine get together. Nice touch. You sure do know how to make someone want to cry...Nice story altoghter.
SoMuchForFate chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
Sweet and sad and so perfectly Selphie. You write her POV so very well. Excellent.
Selphie Ivy chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
Very well written, loved how the story flowed, describing Selphie before the game started and her relationship with Hahn...great work! :D
irishais chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
Excellent work; the GFs and their effects are hard to write, but you've done it very well, especially for Selphie. :D