Reviews for Hephaestion Goes Hunting!
angstman chapter 4 . 12/17/2007
beautiful update. I love the way Hephaistion began to grow fond of Alexander and now I wonder what Alexander feel toward Hephaistion.
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 4 . 12/17/2007
oh hephaestion! his "scheme" to win alexander cracks me up! thanks for updating!

btw, u said, "All I have to do is upload..." does this mean the story is already written?
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 3 . 12/13/2007
Oh nice story! I just started reading it. Alexander sounds so cute! hahaha! And Hephaestion, poor guy...never got to explore his fascination lol! I look forward to your next update!
Norrsken chapter 3 . 12/7/2007
My apologies for this late R&R. Your hunting expedition proceeds and we get to know our Dear Ones and the Companions better. I like *your* Lysimachos, he is a very good tutor as he both listens to Alexander and his worries, and then gives sound advise, filled with common sense. I agree with you that he cannot have been "an old fool" at all, no his idea of casting himself as Phoenix and young Alexander as Achilles is ingenious.

Hephaestion's eavesdropping on their serious conversation is endearing, and I feel warmly for him when he is detected. What an embarrasment!

You bring in the feelings of adolescence in quite a natural manner. Hephaestion watching the others and their physique, his longing for some "touching", he has just discovered the pleasures but he cannot do any "practicing" in this unfamiliar company. It's touching, he sees Alexander and longs for him, but thinks he is unattainable...

All the best wishes and looking much forward to "a night in the wilds of Macedon" !

/ NorthernLight
Trust No One chapter 2 . 11/12/2007
Delightfully funny. Hepahsition's POV is very appropriate, there's much to say about his crush on Philip and his slight disappointment in Alexnder. While he seemed a little political in the first chapter, Hephaistion is very much himself in the second, cutting Alexander no slack at first only to get it right back from the prince. It's the start of a game we all know it ended in one of the greatest love stories ever told (forgive the cliche) but one whose progress especially in this story I will follow with much relish.
Anise chapter 2 . 11/3/2007
I've always thought of Hephaestion as having a tactical & logical mind and the way you portray him constantly analysing and reanalysing his opinions really does fit in with that. I did feel bad for him though he seems to be having trouble relating to Alexander, they haven't really figured each other out yet, but I like the idea of them having to get to know each other instead of becoming instantaneous friends. That being said, poor Alexander he seems to be trying so hard but instead of making Hephaestion feel at ease and part of the group it just makes him feel singled out. He also doesn't seem sure of when to just relax and when he should step up and be a leader, the pitfalls of wanting to be their friend and prince at the same time I guess.

So sorry for rambling on but this is such a wonderful story and so well written, I'm really looking forward to reading the updates! :)
Norrsken chapter 2 . 11/3/2007
I like your hunting expedition. Friendships and enmities are slowly forming in an intriguing manner. *Your* Alexander sure has a peculiar manner to show his friendship to Hephaestion, making him look odd and spoiled before the other Companions. The woodland experiences are vivid and clear. I could almost see the poor hare being struck with Alexander's spear before Hephaestion can notch his arrow. It seems their relationship is becomeing easier towards end of chapter. Looking much forward to what will happen next.

All the best wishes,

/ NorthernLight
Tastytime chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
As always you leave us wanting more, and in fact bemoaning the fact that we don't know when you will update! I am really enjoying this so far, I love Hephaestion's crush on Philip- what a lovely twist of events, because of course you are right Philip must have been a highly charismatic man. Hephaestion in this story seems rather different a far more calculating Hephaestion than usual, one who steps back and looks at a situation, and analyzes it quite coldly, even in the matter of his violent crushes. Looking forward greatly to reading more
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
This is wonderful - and very different from how Alexander and Hephaestion's first meeting is usually imagined. I'm really looking forward to the rest of it!
dhaxeeh chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Hi! this is a wonderful story. you do it again. i hope you update the next chapter.

I can'y wait for more
Salome chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Hi! This is a lovely story. I hope you won't keep us waiting long for the next chapter(s).

I love your writing.
Yolass chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I like the settings very much, and the way Hephaestion is kind of "studying" everyone that he meets, as he's probably be taught to. Looking forward to read some more!
Mute Muse chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
I realy like this story you are able to capture the mood and time realy well I actualy felt like I was there! I can't wait to read more hope you update soon _
Norrsken chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
Yes, it's a good and most promising start. I like your settings, and Hephaestion's awkwardness in his new company. It's endearing, intriguing and interesting to see Alexander and his Companions as boys. Lysimachos is a good hunting leader, I like it that he,too, is in your story. I hope things will turn out well for Hephaestion and his Golden One. :)

It makes me proud to have inspired this exciting hunting adventure.

All the best wishes and looking much forward to the update,

/ Norrsken
MLygia chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
Good Start. It's great to see Hephestion trying to position himself in a world until then strange for him.
48 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »