Reviews for I, Too
cklammer chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
This is a quite confusing (spy) story which is because the mainprotagonist is quite a confused person (but then he is a teenager).

It is quite a nice Pern story, though - and with a very unique point of view. It is mostly charming with the exception of the dialogues between R'sen and M'low which are quite "the endless pile of drivel" IMHO.

Still despite that I like it overall - please be thanked for your effort and please continue it.
truegold-dragonstar chapter 5 . 4/24/2009
Ah! Well, that explains some things. Poor Rose. Talk about confused! (and embarrassed ;-D)

Great chapter; sorry I can't think of anythign intelligent to say about it, but I'm waiting for more!
Confiscated Retina chapter 5 . 4/24/2009
...!

Wow, a lot of earlier stuff makes so much sense now. Must...find time...to re-read previous chapters...! As always, I am loving every word of this, confusing as some of it is. I trust in your skill to set everything straight in your own time. :)

I'm not a fan of slash by any stretch of the imagination, but your depictions of the gay characters in this story are very refreshing and pleasant to read. I'm really looking forward to seeing where all of this is going.
SunnyGoesNorth chapter 5 . 4/21/2009
hi :-)

you know I forgot all about your story *blush* but having read your update (and the rest of the story lol!) I must say its great, I love it, great characters, its believeable, please write more, soon! oh! I love Sonyath!
Confiscated Retina chapter 4 . 11/3/2008
Man, why can't published authors be this good? :D Again, you've provided another very enjoyable read. I love your realistic take on the dragonrider's life and I'm eagerly looking forward to how the rest of this plot unfolds.
truegold-dragonstar chapter 4 . 11/3/2008
Who is Favrielle's father? Did I just miss that, or am I not supposed to know yet (or did you forget to put it in)? It's just that the way he comes up in casual conversation gives me the impression that I ought to know who they're talking about. Sounds like it ought to be M'low, but I'm pretty sure it can't be, so maybe you need to clear up that conversation.

I liked this chapter; I like Rose's friends, it's nice to see the sane and normal people of the Weyr for once. But what happened to B'irto? I was sure that he and Rose were going to be friends. I really loved the way Rose showed a flash of maturity and decided to bury the hatchet with Pell, and managed to do it really tactfully; it's not exactly the sort of thing we've being seeing from him (yes, he doesn't want to get into trouble, but he hasn't exactly cared what those other 'stuck up' candidates think about him), and it gives an indication of the essential qualities that he has which make S'lem and F'lar so interested in him.

Um - in the conversation where F'lar gives him his mission, he never actually says that Rose is supposed to spy on M'low, and I was floundering for a bit until between them they gave me enough clues about who it was they wanted him to watch. I think in Rose's position, even if his mind does jump straight to M'low, it would be permissable to act dumb and go 'who? wha'?', since I assume he doesn't actually WANT to spy on the guy. It's almost as though there was an earlier conversation setting out the basics which we didn't see, and so they can just jump straight in here.

This story is kind of surrealist; it gives the impression of a bunch of pieces floating around which may or may not be connected, and the impression I'm getting is that even come the end we're only going to see two thirds of the pieces and we're still going to be struggling to make sense of it all and fill in the gaps even after the characters have moved on with their lives. That's not meant to be a criticism, it's actually quite effective, but I thought I'd explain how I feel about it so that you can compare it with how you WANTED me to feel... it's kind of itchy, but that may be because I'm a strightforward kind of girl and I'm trying very hard to evaluate this fairly. It's a good kind of itch.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to reading more!

t-d
GinnyStar chapter 4 . 11/1/2008
Well I can understand the male green rider weyemates, what I don't understand it why this young weyrling has to be part of F'lar plan, and I understand only bronze and browns "time it"

If that any help, to keep an eye on the Oldtimers, and their comming and going after being banshed to Southern Weyr
GinnyStar chapter 3 . 10/24/2008
Well I do hope you continue your story. It sound like perhaps that green rider and former High Reacher Weyerleader had some a going.

He hoped for bronze and he got a green.
GinnyStar chapter 2 . 10/24/2008
Well that brown hatchling eye colors tell me he hungry.

Great Story. Still trying to work it out.
GinnyStar chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
Well this story is much better, I think I may had read one like which had so many things need fix that I did not finsh it.

Well this is just before the impression at the end of DQ, great writing.
jenna goddess chapter 3 . 10/24/2008
Lovely, you are back again. I am once again astounded by your ability to make sense as well as confusing me ever more at the same time. What does he hide from her?
Confiscated Retina chapter 3 . 10/19/2008
Huzzah, you're writing again! This segment was lovely and also a bit confusing in that good way. I really want to know what's going on with M'low now.
truegold-dragonstar chapter 3 . 10/19/2008
Oh, I DO remember this now... I think maybe I read the first chapter.

It's really good, but I confess that I'm lost. I'm really, really confused as to who knows what; I think maybe I'm getting mixed up as to which characters are speaking when, and that's not helping any. Obviously, you meant me not to understand what's going on yet, but if at least SOME explanations could arrive not too far in the future then that would be a bonus please.

Loving the charcaters, though, and your style is both evocative and consistent. Looking forward to more!

t-d
WinterIrony chapter 2 . 10/13/2008
M.

Your story makes me happy.

I do agree with most of what's been said; some of the references, while adding to the character, detract from the sense of... er... "Pern-ness". Pernicty. Pernspicasity. Something like that.

Pern atmosphere is the real word, of course, but it's more fun to play with the language. '

Anyway, off that rabbit trail, this story is VERY good! What's going to happen next? What's up with this N'cah fellow? Will we see him again? What's with the handsome M'low and his suspicious activities?

Especially that last one. ;D
Confiscated Retina chapter 2 . 1/3/2008
Augh, cruelty, leaving us hanging like this! Well, that's all the more to look forward to. I really like your take on Anne's Pern. You make it less mushy and more real, and I adored the scene with Ramoth. The beginning was really confusing and I'm not sure I understand it still, but it was all very well written. Looking forward to the whatever happens next!