Reviews for First Against the Wall
seekerchasing chapter 13 . 7/17/2013
Wow. This was such an incredible read. Usually I'm not such a fan of first person but your Lois is so convincing and strong that it works, really well. I think I was a bit breathless throughout reading this story, simply because I couldn't wait to devour the whole thing
scmarilia chapter 13 . 10/22/2012
Thank you for this wonderful story! It's perhaps the fourth time I read it and it's always beautiful...
You've develop it just what it need, Not too much description, or analyses, just the right amount... And a very personnal vision...
The first time, I read it It make me cry...
Thanks!
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Have I ever reviewed this masterpiece on this site? No, I don't think I have.

I could write an essay, a novel, on how much I love this story. I really could. But words are never, ever going to be able to fully express precisely what it is that is so exquisite about this piece. Perhaps if I were a much better composer I could write a symphony or an opera to explain it- music does, after all, speak the things in the soul that words cannot- but unfortunately I'm limited to short, uninspiring chamber pieces at best, so there's no option there, either.

I'll limit myself, therefore, to this one thing:

I adore how you write your Lois. For one of the two decades I've been wandering around this crazy world, Lois Lane has been my hero. She's not out there catching bullets with her bare hands or fighting off alien invasions, but she's fighting the good fight all the same, in the best way she can. She doesn't have superpowers. All she has is her smarts and her strength and her sheer force of will to save herself- and everyone around her- but by god, she's going to find a way if one exists. She doesn't have a guarantee that she's going to come out the other end alive, but she'll walk right into the fire anyway because that's who she is. If she won't, who will? For decades writers have pushed her to the edge, wrapped her up in worlds that are much too big for one human woman to manage all on her own, but no one has yet found her breaking point. Her body... they can break that. But she has a spirit and a will that nothing in this universe or any other can destroy. It's been proved a hundred times over, in the pages of comics and on our television screens, and you carry that beautifully here. Even when it's her alone, face-to-face with Lex Luthor and every resource at his disposal, with no backup and no guarantees, Lois Lane is never, ever going to back down.

Thank you for writing this. I've read it a dozen times and I'm sure I'll read it a dozen more.
imhooked chapter 13 . 10/8/2011
That was an excellent story. Simply wonderful.
semrawr chapter 13 . 6/3/2009
I think I just fell in love.
super.laurent chapter 13 . 8/22/2008
Wow… the most impressive writing i've seen in a long time… you are seriously gifted and your fic really moved me. Thanks for the trip, i can't wait for the next one!
KlynneL chapter 13 . 4/26/2008
This was a sweet ending to your story.
thekiller00 chapter 13 . 3/19/2008
That was an amazing ending ! Is there any type of sequel in the works for this ?
Callista Wolfwood chapter 13 . 3/16/2008
great story
sheeiur22 chapter 13 . 3/8/2008
Great ending.
ColleenJoy chapter 13 . 3/8/2008
Fantastic Story! Thanks for sharing it, I enjoyed every well considered word.
lilacsinthewinter chapter 13 . 3/8/2008
I'm so sad this is all over! But what a story it was! The way you wrote- deeply, I suppose, only added onto the plot even more. This is definitely going onto my favorites list! BRAVO!
soulsurvivor156 chapter 13 . 3/8/2008
Aw. I love it. I really do. I'm gonna miss reading it. Guess it'll just have to go in my favourite's so that I can find it whenever I want to. :D
soulsurvivor156 chapter 12 . 2/26/2008
I love this story. You even had me crying a bit, till the house started shaking anyway.
ancarett chapter 12 . 2/24/2008
This was a beautiful chapter in a heartbreakingly wonderful story. I can't get over how much the characters went through and how perfectly you wrote them. And what a big moment, here, where you brought it all together. Bravo!