Reviews for The First Test
SnowflakesandMozart chapter 1 . 12/19/2016
This is a lovely slice of life story. You convey the apathetic atmosphere of the kids and teachers, punctuated by flashes of hope for escape from Biggs and Luke. Your characterizations are spare, given mostly through dialogue and inference, but they're compelling and spot on for the canon characters. I love your writing style.
ilsa27 chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Thank you for this snapshot of young Luke! It's so true to Luke that he would be underestimated at first - but we all know that Luke is nothing to mess with!

Love the point-of-view of the teachers - their voices were very real and you made them distinct characters even with just a few lines.
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
nice
Vader's Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I think I know who may be interested in these *particular* results. He's tall, a great pilot, carries a red lightsaber, has an affinity for black...
Rebel.Dream.Tatooine.Ghost chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
loved it.
Shadow131 chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
That was fantastic! The relationship between Biggs and Luke was so believable, and I felt so bad when that jerk Fixer or his friends picked on poor lil' Lukie! Gah! I love this!
jedilittlebee chapter 1 . 7/23/2002
This was surprisingly good. I almost didn't read it- I usually go for more sensational stuff, but this has great potential. Are you ever going to post some more on this story- it could be really great. Please say Yes!
Heather5 chapter 1 . 9/19/2001
Hey, I really liked this story. I always like the stories that are set on Tatooine, either before or after the movies. I would love to see a continuation of the story, but I know you probably hate to hear that. Anyway, my point it, it was really good. :)
Kelly chapter 1 . 8/28/2001
I love reading pre-ANH stories about Luke. You're an amazing writer, I loved it!
KittandChips chapter 1 . 8/28/2001
Great, very well done, especially the conversation between the two world weary teachers. Another one for my fav list.
Aria chapter 1 . 8/28/2001
Wonderfully sweet, Ash! I just adore tales of a young Luke! Beautifully written and with just the right amount of emotion! Your writing is magical and your 'yarn-weaving' ability is second to none! As always, BRAVO!
Q chapter 1 . 8/28/2001
Terrific, as usual
Polly chapter 1 . 8/28/2001
This was a very interesting slant and perspective on the pre-ANH days of Luke. I've never seen a fic that focused on this before and I really enjoyed it - you have the characters of not only Luke, but Biggs etc down perfectly. As this is 'The First Test', does that mean you plan to do more?