Reviews for The Center Will Hold
Kissa1 chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Oh wow! One chapter in and I'm loving it already. :) I really liked the way you started this off, with a Booth and Cam conversation. I really like their friendship, and I adore Cam, so I really think there's much too little Cam/Booth friendship in fics. And the way you wrote it; spot on. I could almost hear them talking to eachother in my head, that's how realistic it was to me. Then there's the whole interaction in the lab, Booth vs. Angela. Gotta love Angela! That smelling ability of hers was hilarious though, great idea! ;P Poor Booth, he just can't win in that company. As for your ending, I adored it. Brennan finding a book about human interaction with a scientific view and deciding to try it out on her friends..? I can DEFINITELY see that! And then Booth shot her down. Not sure who I feel the worst for in that situation, Booth or Brennan. LOL ;) I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of this story!
JLo10131121 chapter 9 . 2/28/2009
I freakin' LOVED that epiloque! Very cool story.
lizook chapter 9 . 10/28/2008
Bravo. What a sweet end to a wonderful story. I loved the lucky pen and Angela's gift with scent. And, as I mentioned before, your characterizations are amazing.

Looking forward to reading more from you (but not tonight because my eyes are blurring and I should probably get sleep at some point)
lizook chapter 7 . 10/28/2008
I'm spamming your inbox with reviews for this story tonight, but it's just too fantastic for me not to comment on. I enjoy how you can go from a joking scene to something serious in a matter of seconds and yet it's totally believable.

"It was almost a surprise to realize the question was in reference to the explosion, not the ‘I love Seeley Booth’ sign she just knew was flashing over her head." made me laugh so hard. :)
lizook chapter 4 . 10/28/2008
"His laughter died on his lips as it hit him. Holy fuck … he was love with her. Max had been right." Perfect.

Also, when you mentioned he was drawn to the light blue for the car I wondered if it was because of her eyes. *snorts*

Another lovely chapter.
lizook chapter 3 . 10/28/2008
Ok, the Max/Booth scene was awesome. I don't know what more I can say about it, it just was. Especially, Max calling Booth on his feelings, but not pushing him to admit it outloud. It rang very true for me.
lizook chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
I love your Cam. I have such trouble trying to get into her head (hence I have completely shied away from her thus far), but you have her voice down.

"A-what?” Booth couldn’t stop himself from asking. It was like being unable to look away from a train wreck." LOL, I can completely see the look on his face if this would happen.

Looking forward to reading the rest! Good job!
Username Unknown chapter 9 . 10/26/2008
Wow... I think I've just woken up every dog in my neighborhood with that squealing. That was the cutest ending ever! I'm so glad that you circled back around to that! I meant to review the previous chapter, but my fingers were just itching to get to the epilogue. I have to say, when he told her that he couldn't be him without her, I had to stop for a few minutes and wait for the tears to stop. This is definitely one of my very favorite stories, thank you so much for sharing your talent with this very excellent piece. I look forward to reading more by you!
Username Unknown chapter 4 . 10/26/2008
That was excellent! Wow, you seriously know how to command a reader's attention. The details, again, were absolutely perfect, the mist from the fountain shifting directions, the glint of the sun, the chill of the beer. Just, wow. And as much as I love B&B together, as much as I love fluff and romance and happy ever after, Booths reaction seems so perfectly right. I think that he's fine with some light flirting and a big ol'dose of UST... but I think that LOVE is a huge deal for Booth, not something that he takes lightly... and that realizing his feelings for Brennan would be incredibly difficult for him.

Another outstanding chapter.
Username Unknown chapter 3 . 10/26/2008
I'm well aware that your queries at the end of this chapter are moot as the story has long since been completed... but I'll answer them anyway, as it gives me an excuse to tell you how marvelously crafted I think your story is. I have a great deal of affection for Max on the show, and I felt that same sense of warm affection for your portrayal of him. I could see the words coming out of Ryan O'Neal's mouth as looked up at Booth. And I think that Sam comes across as an excellent character with purpose. I'm never fond of thinking about either Booth or Bones with previous lovers, but I love that you grounded her story early, and it wasn't a shiny new character who just appears on the scene with no justification.

I have to add that I think that you are a uniquely talented author. Your descriptions of the scene have just enough detail to bring the story to life, without making the reader feel as though they are reading a list of descriptions. Your turn of phrase is deft and your dialogue is sharp and extraordinarily in character. I'm really enjoying this story.
NooooBD chapter 9 . 10/1/2008
One of the best BB stories I've read so far. And that last bit, before the epilogue, had me crying with joy. Great job. :)
Eliche chapter 9 . 9/25/2008
Very Nice

Really enjoyed reading it. The ending was great really made me smile. :D
LAIsobel chapter 9 . 8/21/2008
Hi :o)

I've just finished reading your story and I've decided to leave a review.

I liked your story a lot because it was not like any other story I've ever read. It was written in a different way. And you have my respect for that because you were able to describe all the characters without involving details about a case or so... I liked Angela and her 'powers' and I really enjoyed the part with Booth and his car. And by the way - 1977 was a good year for Chevrolet :o) Hehe... :o)

I think that you wrote a very good story. Congrats.

Bye,

Isobel
Toonces chapter 9 . 6/24/2008
Loved the whole thing. Grammar was great. The writing was excellent, as was the characterization. Some of the absolute best characterization I've seen in Bones fiction, which is so refreshing. I loved Angela, too. I like Angela on the show, but I usually hate her in fanfiction because I find that she is usually written as way too much of a buttinski, but you did great with her. I also liked that B&B didn't spend...like...five chapters denying their feelings for each other. I think you handled that perfectly. I also liked that the story wasn't bogged down with too much case stuff. Ya done good! I think I'm super picky about my fanfiction and lots of things turn me off from a story, but your stories are just what I'm looking for. Great job. I really enjoyed it.
mayhavefakedit chapter 9 . 6/15/2008
What a gorgeous story! This was recommended to me by a friend, and I just adored everything about it. The little details and careful attention to all characters, not just Booth and Brennan, really made this a treat to devour. I'm off to peruse your fic recs on LJ - Thank you once more for a wonderful read!
227 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »