Reviews for The Center Will Hold
Polly83 chapter 8 . 1/8/2008
Okay, I couldn't stop to leave review of each chapter because I... just couldn't stop P

Your writing is really good, I can feel their emotions. And did I say that I love that pen? P P
Polly83 chapter 2 . 1/8/2008
Wow! This is a big news! Death penalty... Gr

I'm sure he feels ill as much as she will do knowing it...

Me have to keep reading now P
omg chapter 9 . 12/9/2007
This story was a great thing to find on my Sunday afternoon. It was well written, and proofread, which makes me happy. You did a good job with the descriptions, especially with the description of the scene just after the car blew up, with Brennan in the ambulance looking out on the chaos. I also liked the way that there was a case as background, but you kept the story moving without getting bogged down in it. I mean, I like case stories, but you did a good job of deciding this wouldn't be one, and sticking with that, and making it work by using good transitions. And I thought you kept the story realistic throughout, as far as Booth and Brennan's feelings, and how they would act on them. Also, the ending (epilogue) was adorable. Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed reading it.
Cheese1 chapter 9 . 12/4/2007
hehee... angela the smell-detector... I loved this fanfic...
Meredith44 chapter 9 . 12/1/2007
This was a really good story. I liked the dialog and a lot of the banter as it rang very true to the show. I also liked the introspection, as it really seemed in-character. There were also a lot of little things that rang true to me throughout the story. Thanks for sharing this; I enjoyed reading it.
saragillie chapter 9 . 11/29/2007
Very cute ending. I love the phrase olfactory savant.
bb-4ever chapter 2 . 11/17/2007
good chapter. oh dear poor booth he's got more bad news for bones - will he and bones be able to get max to cut a deal? will bones want him to? look forward to reading on and finding out.
only-more-love chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
Doc,

First, let me just say thanks for not vilifying Cam here. That can be a valid choice if done right, but I'm happy to see her shown here as a friend. Booth pretended to still be her boyfriend for her father's birthday party; I think that says something about her place in his life. I honestly don't think he has any lingering romantic feelings for her, but they ARE friends.

Time for some specifics:

* Booth just shook his head as he took back his beer from Cam. {Cam drinking from Booth's bottle is a very nice touch because it demonstrates their friendship.}

* Her natural candor finally won out. {She is a fairly blunt person. Good for you recognizing and illustrating that.}

* “I was not scared, just, you know, concerned. I was concerned that we wouldn’t be able to be an effective team anymore, if she was carrying some sort of grudge against me for putting her old man in jail. And what the hell do you mean our partnership isn’t ‘strictly professional’?” {This is pitch perfect Booth dialog. The “you know” and the repetition of and emphasis on “concerned” are particularly HIM. I can hear this.}

* Whether he knew it or not, and she suspected he didn’t, his heart was somewhere else entirely. {I' glad I'm not the only one who thinks Cam knows where Booth heart lies.}

* Sliding off her stool, she paid quickly and traced his footsteps out the door, smiling as the cool fall air ruffled her hair. {This bit of description just plain works. I can see her stepping out of the diner and smiling as the air washes over her.}

* Jack observed in a stage whisper, never taking his eyes away from his monitor. {Fantastic. On the show, Jack often tosses out wisecracks while keeping his eyes glued to his work.}

* It was one he used mostly with suspects during interrogations, to subtly expose his weapon and badge and convince them he meant business. It had also come in handy several times at the lab. {Great bit of insight into Booth. And the second line is just funny. :) }

* I am in love with the fact that you made Angela an “olfactory savant.” Brilliant and totally plausible twist. Booth is appropriately impressed and horrified. :) I would be too, if I were him.

* “So all this time you knew she was some sort of olfactory savant, and didn’t feel inclined to share that with me?” {Thank you for allowing him to know the words “olfactory savant.” He's intelligent, but I think they sometimes dumb him down on the show. You have to have a four-year degree to be a Special Agent.}

* Loved the last scene, with Brennan having “boned up” (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) on body language and using her knowledge on Booth. And she was right! Booth, you wuss, I can't believe you lied. :D

Fabulous job. Thanks for sharing.
BBfan chapter 8 . 11/15/2007
SO very well written! Thanks for this, I liked it very much. My fave is “Bones … Bones … wait, darling… wait…” - and i went AW. :) So cute!
ForAReason chapter 9 . 11/13/2007
Ha! That was so cute! I loved that you brought the savant back. Very cute ending. I'll tell you again how much I adored this story and I will definitely read it again and again. Thanks for all your hard work.
SaraBonesPortugal chapter 9 . 11/12/2007
Let me say... after I read it all, all I can say it's that you made a great job and this became one of my fave fics :D :D
SaraBonesPortugal chapter 4 . 11/12/2007
I loved this chapter.. the last 3 were great as well but in this one.. the color of the car matching Brennan's eyes... Amazing!
o0MissBennet0o chapter 9 . 11/12/2007
Angela and her abnormal nose always makes me laugh! Loved it!

Really good ending , and I loved chapter eight's last sentence. I have just read the lat two, and I got to congradulate you on your fic, it was very good!
GGjunkie33 chapter 9 . 11/11/2007
Very cute and funny epilogue! Loved it! I cannot wait for your next wonderful story! Keep up the amazing work!
nanenu chapter 2 . 11/11/2007
I loved the body language part very much. Student has become the master, typical Brennan.

Nice twist with her dad. Love it!
227 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »