Reviews for Deadly Trust
supert
I like your stories but you have a tendency to make Max pretty useless and clueless.

It's a bit OOC.
Jen10Jen chapter 4 . 1/12
Jeez, it's 1am and I really should follow our heroes' lead and get some Zs before work tomorrow (later today?). Damn these good fics for being so hard to put down (so to speak, you know like actual books).
Sorrow Reminisce chapter 8 . 5/14/2013
So, usually when I read fanfics these days, I'm reading a bunch of words and following a bunch of storyline, but I'm not really *getting it* inside my head. It's words, and storyline, and maybe it's an entertaining storyline, but it's not Dark Angel. Sure, it has their names in it, but it's not really them. Same applies for my own fics, I know. Crap crap crap.

But this.. And I know I'm coming dangerously close to hero-worship here... This is all playing out inside my head, and in their voices, with perfect clarity. So perfectly, I'm not sure whether to cry from happiness or aching nostalgia.

"Alec, I've told you about… things." Ben.
"Oh, yeah, Max." Alec gave a light huff of a laugh. "You share and share. Can't shut you up."

I'm hearing their voices, seeing their expressions... The only difficult thing here is trying to convince myself that the voices inside my head aren't real.

"I'm pretty sure I'd do my best to keep you away from the competition. And let's get this straight… I'm the competition."

Alec saying that right at this moment was so well timed and convincing. It would be just like him to try and completely throw Max off the conversation he *really doesn't* want to be having. I wish this convo had taken place in S2. It would've fit well during TBA. Thus leaving viewers to decide for themselves whether he said it because he means it, or because he's 'just being Alec' and trying to dodge the real issue at hand.

"I break the door down, rip his head off and we run for it."
"How come when I say it, it's a bad idea, but when you say it, it's a plan?"

Perfect.

"After you trap me again? After you threaten to shoot Max? You threaten the woman I love and now you ask for reason?"

Reading that was like that moment you anticipate in a show where two people are completely denying their feelings, until one day, one of them slips up. My stomach did the happy stomach butterfly dance while reading this.

"Well, that was a little more dramatic than I was going for, but it worked out all right."

Another perfect 'I can just see Alec saying this' moment. Well, all of them were.

I love how you create an actual plot - a real episodic storyline. IAnd it's not just how well you write Max and Alec, it's how well you write Logan and how you acknowledge his feelins for Max and hers for him - it's another thing that makes your stories all the more easy to believe as part of a S3.
Sorrow Reminisce chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
"Look, I gotta go. You and Logan can do… whatever it is you do."

Aaah perfect, it's Alec so perfectly, I could almost cry from the sheer perfection of it all.

It's been too many years since I was last in the DA fandom, and I've spent the last few weeks flicking around trying to find exactly THIS kind of fanfic - the stuff that S3 could have (SHOULD have) been made of. Word for word, scene for scene. Though in a way, reading this is almost better than watching it would be, as you manage to read between the lines of Max, Alec and Logan even better the show itself did.

Your Max wins over tv series Max, because she can acknowledge the fact that Alec endured far more in Manticore than she could ever comprehend, that he's trained better, that he's survived better, that his happy-go-lucky facade is as much his survival mechanism as his core personality.

I'm not sure how I'll cope when I finish reading all of your fics (and I'll have to read them sloowly to make the awesomeness last), but one possible option I have in mind at the mo is to kidnap you and keep you as my DA writing slave. Can I? Can I?
l chapter 8 . 3/18/2012
Nice! I liked this, it was really good. I like fics that have more of Alec's tough past in them. Thanks for this. Alec/Max ftw! ;D
TheThiefsDaughter chapter 8 . 9/4/2011
I am absolutely in love with the way you write, your plotting - simple yet gripping. Your characterizations of Max and Alec, your blend of poetic and straightforward writing is perfect

Looking forward to reading the rest of your DA (not to mention Supernatural)
ILETUDRIVE chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
Um... wow. New favorite.

I really like the internal reasoning you have for all the characters. Max/Alec both with trust for slightly different reasons. And the different steps they made in life because of it.

Stephanie
ZkKtTysoul chapter 8 . 2/5/2011
Fantastic back story. It is always interesting to read of the things Manticore most likely would do. This one was very believable. His trust issues were good. The last of this chapter was written well. And now this story has 150 reviews. Congrats! Thanks for a good read.
Caruka chapter 5 . 11/23/2010
Im relly impressed how consistent and mature you work is. You really have a full script, with twists non previwed. Congrats.
Jennifer chapter 8 . 11/17/2010
I love all your fanfics1 There all just so well written and the story keeps you hooked1 Amazing as per usual.
LaedieDuske chapter 3 . 9/21/2010
I KNEW he was right, Max NEVER believes him. *sigh* Why does he keep letting her kick him like that. :-/
Alaize chapter 8 . 2/28/2010
Lovely.

I'm just getting around to reading all of your stories and they are so well-crafted, fluid, and focused - almost as if written in one sitting.
maron771121 chapter 8 . 11/19/2009
breathtaking
euphoric-acid chapter 8 . 10/31/2009
Love it. i've read all your stories and loved them all. though i have noticed they're all about max and alec getting together. Any chance of any stories about them as a couple?