Reviews for Can I Keep You?
Derpguest chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
very super awesome!
By the way, Wataru's name is correct, and Katchan's full first name is Katsumi in the book, if you wanted to know. I don't know Katchan's last name.
This story was SSUPEERR CUTE!
Midoki chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
Thank you so, so much for writing this!
I've just watched the movie and seriously, I just really had the urge to read something like this.
And additionally, your style of writing is so awesome!
I couldn't be any happier
Midoki chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
You know what? I'm truly a dumb person.
Last night, I watched the movie on TV. I didn't really know what to expect, but I guess I needn't tell you how much worth those two hours were waiting for.
I was really into the story and several questions started to fill my mind - what is Katchan's real name? Why did Wataru's father leave? What exactly happened to Mitsuru's family? And so on and so on.
Then, after the movie had ended, I walked into my room with all those overflowing emotions of mine.
And suddenly, it hit me.
I looked at my book shelf.

I had had this feeling from the start, the feeling that I knew this title 'Brave Story'.
And that was because, in fact, I had bought this book around three years ago.
I was in Canada at that time, and I just had to buy this book - because it had been written by a Japanese author who had received a price for her work. It didn't even bother me that the book had 817 pages (I love reading, but even for me it was a lot.) and was written in English
- I'm not native. So in the end, I started reading, but I only understood the basic plot and thus, the book was forgotten.

Maybe you can understand how lucky I felt the moment I re-found this book.

Now, that my English has improved enough to read English books, I'm more than happy to do so; especially after the movie. Although the movie changed and left out quite some facts which is why I'm happy to have watched the movie first, I still enjoyed it; and reading the book just helps me to answer all my questions regarding the story. And so, I have decided upon sharing this newly found information with you, too.

Wataru's surname is indeed 'Mitani', so you needn't worry about that one.
Katchan's name (written like that in the book, but 'Kacchan' should be fine, too) is actually 'Komura Katsumi'. His parents run a bar which is why Wataru's mother Kuniko actually doesn't like the Komura family (too much of a bad influence). Katchan was expected tobe a girl, thus his name, and he does help out at the bar a lot.
Btw, Mitsuru and Wataru attend the same cram school class. :)

But in the end, all those aspects don't even matter because I just can feel how much of your heart you put into this oneshot! The style of writing is amazing, clear, professional; the story is inspiring, too. I admire that you chose to set this work a few years later and only initiated a tiny bit of shounen-ai. Nothing aggressive and extraordinary but something calm and realistic, very much how you could not write it differently.

Therefore, I thank you very much for writing this oneshot.
I hope you don't mind the long review. :)
ILOVEMARKAXEL chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
that so cute, i love this pairing
Miss Evil Muffins chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Very nice!
Marumi801 chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Ow they are so cute! w I really like your writing style and also the relation between Kacchan and Mitsuru which wasn't represented at all in the movie (although I didn't read the manga)
I'm suprised that's there isn't more fanfic WataruxMitsuru because it was so obvious in the movie XD
But anyway, thank you for the fanfiction! Hope the will be a continuation one day :3
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Awwwwwwwwww! I loved Brave Story (the book, the game, and the movie) and it is a treat to see it have good fanfiction on it. :)
Mystic Mage-chan chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I've never actually seen the anime or read the manga, but I've read the book.

Wataru's last name is Mitani, and Katchan's real name is Katsumi. (the backstory is in the book).

The fanfiction was very cute.

please keep writing!
SilverStream101 chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I loved this. It was well written and nicely paced. When I read the ending of the novel, I was left feeling really sad, and this has quenched that feeling! Though I'm not much of a fan of this pairing, it was really sweet.

Thank you for quite the enjoyable read!
Tears Parallel chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Yes! A Wataru/Mitsuru fanfic! (I recently got obsessed with the original Brave Story characters after wondering who they were in the latest BS: New Traveler game.)

The pace was relaxing, sweet, and it just brightened my heart as I read it. (Especially about Wataru wanting to play Mitsuru's laugh over and over.) The way Wataru also "became friends" with Mitsuru for the second time was somewhat believable, especially if you imagine Wataru dragging... er, pleading for him to come to his house instead of asking him. It also helps if you believe that he still remembers the bond even though he doesn't have his memories. :)

Hmm, could I ask you to make another fanfiction for Brave Story? It's so hard to find any Brave Story fanfiction at all. :(
friolera chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
its really Mitani, i dont know whats wrong with the websites you go to lol i hav the book anyway

nice story i really like o
Rubedo Jr chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Not a whole lot of Brave Story love out here, so something like this is a very good thing. It was very tastefully done, and I almost want to see what happens a little further down the road between the two, but I'm content with the ending as it stands. Well done.
khaleesiii chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
I loved this story! So cute! :D

I love this pairing so much :)

and, Wataru's last name, IS Mitani. I would know. ahaha.

I read the novel... currently reading it anyways (:

I do not recall Kacchan's name however... oh well. ahaha.

Keep up the good work! :D
auburn-flare chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
WIN! WIN! WIN!

Aha! I just watched the movie just an hour ago and I'm already into this couple. Wow, something's definately wrong with me.

Anyway, I read your story and I loved it. It was simple and it really went well with the storyline. Your knowledge of Japanese really did help you to write your story. I'm just glad you actually had prior knowledge about the language instead of just writing random crap. LOL.

So, yeah. That's about it from me. Keep up the good work! :D
illustraitor chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
omigosh that is so beautiful. i love the way u wrote this. its so nice to read and it has this nostalgic beautiful feeling to it. i loved how u portrayed the both of them!