Reviews for The Quick and the Dead
Mimic chapter 8 . 10/10/2013
Run away from the red nightmare!
Calcium is crunchy, yummy.

I like Jane more as a kid. T-T Teenagers, arg!
Nice how Hana was direct with her parents.
Ron's son is worse than he! How is this possible? D

This was a wonderful trip, King. x3
Mimic chapter 7 . 10/10/2013
I think the legal age to drink in Japan is 21. Not sure, thou.

I love Toshimiru 8D

You know, I really like the way you incorporated religions and the spiritual world in BE. I really do. Somehow it gives soul and I don't know how to explain. Flow. Nature. Verisimilitude. Makes it closes to real life somehow. I know it doesn't make much sense, but that is how I feel.
Mimic chapter 6 . 10/10/2013
Oh King, good King, always trying to bring the HLS in the picture. I love you!

This chapter was beautiful. I wish I could say more, but I can't, I'll just say it was touching. It really was.
Mimic chapter 5 . 10/10/2013
Milk is as bad as water!
Milk is a weapon too.
I'm kinda of sorry for Kim because her amazing skills to kill people with water haven't passed on. I mean, if it isn't on her genes, where did this come from?
I don't even know about the appliances. The house IS haunted, after all. Who knows, maybe there is some kind of kitchen electric ghost who hates her guts.

Get now your Chi-phone! It's free for life. The side effects are that you can't turn it off.
But you can use services as the Chi-mail, for when you don't want to be bothered!
As you have to do is find four relics of monkey powa. Get the deal while you can!

Hiro isn't as bad as he is painted. He is just young. The marriage can go well. I hope.
Wow, I never thought anything like this about Hana. Your idea is marvelous. It's a bit shocking, doesn't have anything to do with mysterious parents or conceptions, it's simple all good.

Sooo I think that what I said about Ron's son in an earlier review is biting my back now.
Sheki! Gratuitous redheads! Yes, I like this.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 8 . 7/30/2010
Well, that was unexpected.

And here I feel conflicted about what to put in this review. Overall, I sure liked the story. I'm loving Sheki's portrayal so far, and the content of the story was certainly interesting.

On the other hand, I couldn't help but to feel it was rather confusing. The whole part where Sensei somewhat explains things feels rather rushed, and there's still at least one aspect I'm not sure of. It's said that the whole "problem" regarding Toshimiru's (whose name I keep having troubles remembering) revival is that his spirit is so strong that it drives away the spirit already within the body? If that is the case, shouldn't Hana have died when he woke up within her by the Lotus Blade?

Instead now, if I got things right, it sounds like Hana is at danger of dying for when Toshimiru returns to the Lotus Blade. Now, WHY does he need to come back to life and later return to the blade is still a mystery to me. But this whole setting feels wierd and unconsistant. Even if things are like this and Hana and Toshimiru are able to co-exist in the same body, wouldn't Hana need to keep the Lotus Blade with her wherever she goes in order for all this to work? How can she let the sword at Yamanouchi then?

My head kinda hurts from all this, and I'm not even done. It also kinda bugs me how unclear the connection between Hana and Toshimiru is. Like, if to a point they are the same person or not, reincarnated or connected, or if Hana's spirit is completely unrelated to Toshimiru's, and what is gonna happen from here onwards with both of them. I mean, the whole two souls in one body is just plain awkwierd... U

And this whole thing kinda puts a stone in the way of an idea growing in my in mind since a number of episodes ago about something within the BE universe I may do something about, but... uh, you know what? I'll tell you later.

Taking them as separated entities, I personally sure like the character you built out of Hana. As for Toshimiru, well, I don't know what to think just yet. Here kinda looking forward to "Second Death" in hopes or getting some conclusion to all this.

Other than that, I feel like mentioning I found many of the moments between Hana and Sheki to be quite heartwarming, specially the part where Sheki gets some photos of Hana's biological mother for Hana to keep. Loved that one. On some other aspects, I was surprised by the thing about Shego's old martial art school aspect being picked up after so long, but I wouldn't mind seeing it continued. Which reminds me, personally not sure what to think regarding Hana being practically the strongest character around here. Moving on, the portrayal of Hirokata seems reasonable and the development and conflict around him understandable and relatable, so good work there. Next on the line, I found the ghost hunting activity interesting and would find it cool to see more of that, specially with Sheki getting better at it. Further commenting, I liked the work around the Stoppable marriage and how much they clearly love Hana despite everything behind her adoption (loved the image of Mr. Stoppable threatening Sensei if he dared try taking Hana away from them XD). Meanwhile, the few parts involving the redhead trio were sure fun. And finally, I really don't think I could have cared less for the nameless young pervy healer boy. U

Overall, I found myself really entrapped by this story. Perhaps of this one being one of the few of nowadays' stories that got more of the teenage children's perspective instead of the parent's that I found myself relating more to it all.

And you know what I had said some time ago about me looking forward for long stories? Well, episodes like this one or "Growing Pains" are actually long enough for me to be what I like (Not that I don't appreciate the oneshots, just that I prefer these type of stories). You don't need to worry about something needing to be over one hundred thousands words.

And wow, this review sure turned longer than expected.

Seems like now I only got "Out of Pasture" and the new "Every Parent's Greatest Fear" (when's that one gonna be finished?) left to read of the BE series. And well, I'll be checking "Out of Pasture" really soon, while getting you on my Alerts from now on to hear of whatever new things may come. I sure love the "Best Enemies" series. _

So, seeing you soon!

Yours, "Ninja Slasher" Alexander/Alexlayer.

Sayonara!
Itachi's apprentice chapter 7 . 4/7/2010
Itachi's apprentice chapter 5 . 4/7/2010
Itachi's apprentice chapter 2 . 4/7/2010
Mia-SVUismylife chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I am not following
shinneodeus chapter 8 . 12/14/2007
Excellent origin for Hana. You tied well with the canon of the show. So she is a stillborn child who was used to house Toshimiru. The spirit himself is quite the character. Already making passes at Sheki. Hope he gets the oportunity to talk to Emmah. That should be good for a laugh. Now to the young healer who has Sheki a little bit bothered. Is he Ron's offspring? I hope that is touched in a later story.

Kim totally clueless in the kitchen. Even using a microwave to cook a cereal. Poor Kimmie. Tying with the Kim thing how old are Kim and Shego by this point? I place Kim in her mid 30 and Shego at 40ish.

Read you later!
Zaratan chapter 8 . 11/9/2007
Oh man, Kim is so in for it, whenever she gets back from the "store". lol
Aero Tendo chapter 8 . 11/3/2007
Interesting story and with the way you had Hana and Sheki have a small adventure together was nice. Sad to see that Sensei left but it should be interesting now that Tosh's in the picture. My best guess is that Tosh revitalized the spirit of the girl in the body.
A Markov chapter 8 . 11/3/2007
Hana's comment about the family's pride in guarding secrets is a nice touch to show her inner turmoil. I also enjoyed the interaction between RJ, Sheki and Hana. At least Kim managed to keep the kitchen intact when she attempted breakfast.

Overall I think this is a great way to expand your BE-verse. The introduction of a key character, clarification of Hana's past and some great family interaction. This one stretched you a bit as well. And there were a few places where the reader could see you were outside of your comfort zone. (Particularly in chapter 7.) but as a whole, I enjoyed it and I'm hoping to read more like it from you in the future.

Alex
DeMatt chapter 8 . 10/31/2007
After reading through the story (and enjoying the background it provides Hana), one thought occurs to me: You've never really declared in your series whether the children inherited Shego's plasma along with skin colour and other traits. If they did, I'd think Sheki would've tried that when she got surrounded. Not necessarily successfully, of course.
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 8 . 10/31/2007
Is every boy-meets-undressed-girl scene in Japan reqired to play out like an anime?

Just because she received an answer that was plausable and personally satisfying from the Stoppables, Hana shouldn't start relaxing yet. I'm sure there are more family secrets waiting to pop out of the woodwork.

And when will she take up the family tradition of losing her pants?

Did I miss it? Or is the story of what Shego was doing on this trip yet to be released?

And Kim is still attempting to cook. If she gets desperate enough, she could go to Draken and have him build a new "Syntho Kim" that had her Kung Fu skills replaced with Ron's cooking ability. Then "Kim" could be the top chef of that family.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »