Reviews for Kindred Spirits
majorshane chapter 1 . 7/18/2016
Awesome story! In addition to the great byplay between Shayera and Bruce, I love that you had Batman basically lay a foundation for secular morality in like 7 sentences. Bravo!
Llexeh chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
It's a wonderful description of the way Batman can form a nearly friendship relationship with someone. In some ways he's a lot like Shayera. At least I see it.
ShayeraElektra chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Interesting, really interesting and well writen!
Luna-Lunak chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Oh! I loved that one! It was great! The understanding between them, and Bruce's harsh mannierism were amazing. I hope to see more of you in the future (will start by checking out your profile)!

Hugs & Kisses & Cookies

Luna Lunak
Momentary Pressure chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Wow. I'm impressed. You're very good at writing Batman and it seems that you've thought this entire oneshot through. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Grendle1853 chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
Interesting. That was a bit more out-there than I'm used to hearing from Batman, but I can definitely hear that coming form his. New way to take things. Also you don't hear much Batman Hawkgirl stories. Nice read.
Chenna chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
I Loved it! You are so good at writing the Batman, it scares me.

Could you maybe do a romance between Shay and Bruce? I've always thought they had a subtle kind of chemistry (although I'm a BMWW fa all the way).
Whigmus Lister chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Good stuff. Those two can be so alike at times... I think that their conversations would be very clipped and pointed - you did that very, very well. I also like the depth of you sayings and observations. The touch of humanity on occasion was also nice -showing that Bruce is, in fact, NOT a robot...

Well done.
Akylae chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
First off, thanks for the comment and for stating your objections to my take on a touchy subject so politely.

If you think its virtue for virtue's sake, I haven't related the point properly. The quote is of Marcus Aurelius, a Stoic philosopher king, a believable role-model for Wayne.

Stoicism holds virtue as willing conformance and the divine order of the universe, in recognition of the natural equality and essential value of all people, for the purpose of harmonious coexistence and a peaceful life.

To quote another Stoic: “God is best worshiped in the shrine of the heart by the desire to know and obey him.” (Mind you, the quotes are only conflicting at first glance)

Please note that the aforementioned worldview, has had a strong, positive influence on Christianity. From cosmopolitanism and equality, abolition of slavery, concept of logos to the serenity prayer.

And if all else fails - To each his/her own.

Mace... rage... Grundy... Drat!

Finally, it is good to know there are things you did like. Thanks. :-)
Afalstein chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
I disagree rather strongly with your take on religion here, mostly because I think virtue for virtue's sake is pointless. Aside from that, cool stuff.

Well-written and some strong points here, especially about the dead lives on their hands and all. The mace bit is a little hard to get, one wonders if it would've killed Grundy if it'd been based on how she felt. But it's fun, and it does make sense with the Thanagar mindset.
Hepburn chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
Nicely done, it was well written! :)
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
There are far too few Bruce Shayera friendships stories out there.

And of those, this ranks in my top five favorites! Well written, very enjoyable, and a nice look at the detectives of the league.